DOA5U The Gen Fu Infinite (v.1.07)

Should it be banned?

• Yes!

Votes: 59 71.1%
  • No!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

STBALLA1990

Looks like if you counter he can get you. So only counter if you absolutely KNOW whats coming, and this should help people learn how to fight Gen Fu the RIGHT way. Space him out, dont stand too close, I use Lisa so I have no choice but to space lol

Requiem

I am telling you I am ducking out of it. Even when timed correctly, I've had SR do it to me more than once and unless he does not know how to do his own setup then I guess I can't get out of it. I have also taken it into sparring myself and done it, been doing it for the past week. I am also not turning around and ducking.

I don't care at this point because it does not matter. It won't be allowed in tournament play (hopefully) and most likely will be patched in the near future.
I've replicated the trick by this point too, though I can't exactly break down why it happened or if I could have closed the gap. It's still a legitimate strategy in the situation, because even if in theory it can be totally closed, the Gen user isn't likely to be absolutely perfect doing it.

That said, doesn't matter when the entire health bar goes anyway. So... I'm still supporting all the same measures.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
oh wow this is some bullshit. Here I am thinking that its a complex setup when in reality its just abusing the stun system.

I dont think he needs to be nerfed though. What needs to happen is a buff for bad characters.

Zeo

Fu makes me cringe, regardless he's not broken, not without this setup. Remove the infinite, leave the character alone otherwise.

Weather or not he's nerfed is out of our hands ultimately but at the very least our stance on the matter should be known and considered.

JKT

I've been away from FSD for a while now, and this is what greets me when I come back lol.

Ban it. If you participate in a tournament, would you really want to be known as the player who uses infinites? No. You would want others to respect your skills and sportsmanship.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wait I am confused. So you can get out of it? I had it with the CPU on fastest stagger as well as guard all and even the CPU couldn't get out of it. I made further tests like invisible walls and stance placement and it looks the same. So it's not an infinite?

Requiem

Wait I am confused. So you can get out of it? I had it with the CPU on fastest stagger as well as guard all and even the CPU couldn't get out of it. I made further tests like invisible walls and stance placement and it looks the same. So it's not an infinite?
Kinda. You have to kinda try and crouch dash forward in the interims after SEing, which makes it weird and you can wiggle out that way. But it's not clear how much of that could be tied down if done perfectly.

At best, we're substituting "infinite" for "basically guaranteed death combo".

Pictured Mind

This is even worse than lopedo's plan of "laming everyone out" with Rachel. At least that wasn't broken, lol.

I don't think there's much to worry about, honestly. This trick will most likely be banned in offline tournaments and will probably be patched later on (TN has a bad record on patches but still, they're not stupid).

You will still be able to use it online but well... online.

TakedaZX

Eh, yea messing with the jab properties would probably be the best idea since that's already been discussed. I know that AP talked of a way of getting out of it consistently but I just don't like that idea either. Chances are you've lost 50% life by then.

No one else has a jab that doesn't immediately turn the opponent around in stun to my knowledge so attacking that will give us multiple chances to hold. Knowing TN though, they may go the extra mile and take away 66P and PPP's BT stun... It'd be nice for Gen if they didn't but that's usually how they work. (usually)

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I am telling you I am ducking out of it. Even when timed correctly, I've had SR do it to me more than once and unless he does not know how to do his own setup then I guess I can't get out of it. I have also taken it into sparring myself and done it, been doing it for the past week. I am also not turning around and ducking.

I don't care at this point because it does not matter. It won't be allowed in tournament play (hopefully) and most likely will be patched in the near future.

I'm just wondering, which character were you testing this with ?
Helena and Kokoro might be able to get out of it a bit easier given how forward their crouch hitbox is ..

Leifang, Bayman's BT 9H parry might glitch it out as well ..

then theres hayabusas CH 8K from BT

did you test those scenarios out ?

Codemaster92163

Has anyone tried using Brad/Ayane's BT T yet? From what I was told, it takes them less frames to turn around using that than it does to just turn around.

Zeo

To think I was going to ask SR to play me a while back. I think I'll pass at this point.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Hah. Well I guess ill play you when it gets patched XD and also unless im staggering wrong its still damn near impossible to get out of...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD