The Hair Thread

Rawbietussin

Give her a hairstyle that doesn't makes her look like a replica of someone's loose hair option and I'll be fine with it.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Rachel was rocking loose hair years before Helena who's the replica now lol jk
Rachel looks nothing like Helena so leave her alone, Helena's uniqueness comes from her Hair Bows. If Momiji had lose hair would Kokoro lose her uniqueness as well? No because the characters are more than just their hair.

Princess Kasumi

Rachel looks nothing like Helena so leave her alone, Helena's uniqueness comes from her Hair Bows. If Momiji had lose hair would Kokoro lose her uniqueness as well? No because the characters are more than just their hair.
We need Rachel with a bob haircut and loose hair! These two hairstyles would be nice and also one for Marie as well. :D

Rawbietussin

I do not deny the fact that she sported it first before Helena did. The placement of Kokoro's bangs aren't the same with Momiji's so both can still look like different and distinct with their hair down. Besides, Kokoro has a small hair bead by default.

While in the case of Helena and Rachel, disregarding the shade of their hair, they both have the same placement of their bangs.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Anthony Birraux is making photo manips of potential hair styles on FB for DOA5LR
10694233_10204679127080242_6404852376432228730_o.jpg

10355674_10204675763596157_7489932203221356369_o.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I don't know, what's with Argentus' obsession with blue-haired Mila. :/ Black and red are her signature colors and they fit her perfectly fine. Why force some other random color combination on her...?

Chapstick

Anthony Birraux is making photo manips of potential hair styles on FB for DOA5LR
10694233_10204679127080242_6404852376432228730_o.jpg
Serving up Lightning Farron realness in that second row. Only the very first one fits her imo. Those little girl pigtails on her are.. :/
She got the first one in the second row. Looks just like Kasumi in the fourth one in the second row. I only really like the last one, it works well on her

All that said, these are really well made and almost look like they're really in the game.

Argentus

they both hurt my eyes
Fsd dark users and their mole vision...
I don't know, what's with Argentus' obsession with blue-haired Mila. :/ Black and red are her signature colors and they fit her perfectly fine. Why force some other random color combination on her...?
Okay hold it
1) I like girls with blue hair
2) it looks good on her
3). Originally it was part of my "let's liven up the color scheme" when I was disappointed at how the sleek and vibrant DOA became grungy and dull overall.
4) I'm not "forcing" anything. Girls who dye their hair like hers have a tendency to change colors a lot. For them its like any other accessory.
5). You can't really say red dye is her "signature" when she has only made none appearance so far....
6) I figure different dyes would be a suitable alternate to differing hairstyles, and would make her more unique.

I'm not saying taste the skittle rainbow here, but I think certain other color, like blue or purple, would look good in her.

Something that is "forced" is making Eliot to look punk rock when he's as tame as a kitten lol. At least changing bottles isn't as drastic a change.

Still looking forward to that outfit though.

As for an obession...its no different than anyone else wanting something specific for their character. Id love it if Mila had a dye that was more vibrant as a toggle.

PhoenixVFIRE

Which do you looks better?
Or
I prefer second, but first isn't bad either...
I actually prefer the first one, the intensity of the blue in the second one is too over powering whereas the first looks more natural and fits with the color scheme of the overall game in general.

In fact, the color scheme of the game is why I'm guessing Mila's hair is red and NOT blue. Other than Alpha and that one stage, there's hardly any blue in the game.(not including the beach).

Argentus

I actually prefer the first one, the intensity of the blue in the second one is too over powering whereas the first looks more natural and fits with the color scheme of the overall game in general.

In fact, the color scheme of the game is why I'm guessing Mila's hair is red and NOT blue. Other than Alpha and that one stage, there's hardly any blue in the game.(not including the beach).
I know that's part of why I want the blue hair lol. DOA used to have a LOT of blue but there's like none in 5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Argentus
I trust, that you know, that I'm not trying to attack you. I was always one of the guys in here, supporting you and your ideas. With blue-haired Mila for the first costume contest too. So, please don't take my critique wrong. But you specifically asked for critique... ;)

I knew, you or someone else would take a dig at my Eliot design... *sigh*

What I meant with "forcing" and "obsessing:
You are going on in here for years already about blue-haired Mila (and Mila being Leon's daughter ;)). Even though you noticed, your idea wasn't very popular in the first costume contest, you are still vigorously pushing for it. You also did consider, to submit your blue-haired Mila design again in the second costume contest too (even though it was supposed to be Halloween costumes only). Not letting go for years and trying to push an idea through, against all odds, is commendable, I guess, but it also seems "forceful" and, yes, even "obsessive" to me.

Last edited:

Argentus

@Argentus
I trust, that you know, that I'm not trying to attack you. I was always one of the guys in here, supporting you and your ideas. With blue-haired Mila for the first costume contest too. So, please don't take my critique wrong. But you specifically asked for critique... ;)

I knew, you or someone else would take a dig at my Eliot design... *sigh*

What I meant with "forcing" and "obsessing:
You are going on in here for years already about blue-haired Mila (and Mila being Leon's daughter ;)). Even though you noticed, your idea wasn't very popular in the first costume contest, you are still vigorously pushing for it. You also did consider, to submit your blue-haired Mila design again in the second costume contest too (even though it was supposed to be Halloween costumes only). Not letting go for years and trying to push an idea through, against all odds, is commendable, I guess, but it also seems "forceful" and, yes, even "obsessive" to me.
Apologies for the counterattack.

I know I know but it would look so good!

.(also everyone misunderstood the leons daughter thing lol. I was saying making her Laurens daughter would make for a lot more plot relevance for both characters, and its something that would work out pretty easily)

Would love if the characters could look more vibrant.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD