The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

d3v

The Guaranteed BIG damage combos dont make the game unique , it makes it just one of the other.
And on the fact that Combo starter moves in this game are pretty easy applyable , This glitch just break the game fundamentaly. I just hope TeamNinja know this.
It's not about making the game "unique." It's about making the game more competitively viable.
This glitch just break the game fundamentaly. I just hope TeamNinja know this.
The fundamentals of fighting games are:

-space control
-reading
-defense
-execution

The glitch affects none of those. In fact, it actually emphasizes them due to the high risk you face if you make a mistake.

Look at it this way, there are two in development fighting games that focus on pure fundamentals, pure neutral game (DiveKick and Senor Footsies). Both of these games have it so that a single hit KOs your opponent.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
rximmortal said:
The Guaranteed BIG damage combos dont make the game unique , it makes it just one of the other.
And on the fact that Combo starter moves in this game are pretty easy applyable , This glitch just break the game fundamentaly. I just hope TeamNinja know this.
-"The guaranteed big damage combos" need to be properly set up, and reward players for applying either good defence or offense. Something that is severly lacking in this game.

-The glitch breaking the game fundamentally is horribly inaccorate. If anyone was to put in either Doa2 or Doa3, you will come to find that there were stuns you could not stagger escape from. These stuns were all heavy and back turned based. The glitch just provided options that were once available in older titles.

Berzerk!

If you are a player saying "these combos are big, and that's scary" but you're new enough to not know how to stagger escape anyway - it is an intermediate skill after all - then you could have been hit by it all along.
You still have spacing and movement, your own attacks - and a block button.
And in case you were thinking somehow this wasn't Doa anymore (how is it not being moves coming from Doa characters on a Doa stage in the Doa game engine) - you still have the counter hold.

What people are asking for is not to remove any of these tools, unique to Doa or not - st that no one tool or technique should be effective in ALL situations.

So some setups - if successful in getting past the neutral defense, then past the first 2 counter opportunities to set up a sit down stun, that would be one example where the attacker should be rewarded by a guaranteed launcher or CB. No counter, no stagger.

I'm down with stagger on other deep stuns that are more likely to land at neutral or from faster moves, but there MUST be a useful subset of moves that aren't easy to hit but have that potency.

Sit down stuns are the ideal attack group to have this status.

rximmortal

The Balance in my vision is this:
Small combos which are pretty less risky. (around 80-90dmg) (1-2 maximum chances to be holded)
Big combos which are with higher risk (120+dmg) (3-4 chances to be holded)
This is balance for me.
Now it is (2 chaces of hold if u miss u take 150dmg). Thats your beutiful glitch.

Raansu

The Balance in my vision is this:
Small combos which are pretty less risky. (around 80-90dmg) (1-2 maximum chances to be holded)
Big combos which are with higher risk (120+dmg) (3-4 chances to be holded)
This is balance for me.
Now it is (2 chaces of hold if u miss u take 150dmg). Thats your beutiful glitch.

What you want is not balanced, it's random BS. We get it, you don't want to be punished for making a mistake. You want to have multiple chances to get out instead of just learning how to defend better.You should consider yourself lucky that you even get 2 chances to escape out of a mistake you just made. The most asinine thing about DoA4 and 5 is how it gives you so many chances to escape(and forces the attacker to repeatedly take those risks), something DoA had never allowed before.

rximmortal

We get it, you don't want to be punished for making a mistake. You want to have multiple chances to get out instead of just learning how to defend better.
It seems you don't get it.Anyway i feel it is pointless to explain anything any further. Glitch is Glitch . Team Ninja will fix it as they said , so live with it.

qoodname

Neither did i play many DOAs before 5 nor do i have a huge knowledge about fighting games in general but i think in a fighting game where the attacker is still constantly taking the risk of being held ( even though he already broke the other players defense ) there should be a point, when the attacker goes for an even more risky move ( since the ''big damaging'' combos need to be properly set up and are quite predictable if you spent some time with the game ), where he gets rewarded. Its not like you press P twice and the other player loses 50% health but if you go for the foreseeable setup and the opponent still doesnt hold it, losing a ton of health sounds pretty balanced to me.

Blackula

Correcting the notion that the patch is for the online crowd or offline. Wrong premise.
Its for both in different parts.

All if the balancing is so the game can play better competitively. Competitive means offline at tournaments.

The rest is bug fixes and streamlining online play. Everyone plays online when they can't play offline, but competitively speaking for the casual "online" player the competitive fixes aren't relevant so long as the game just works. Team ninja most definitely know that balancing needs to be done primarily for the competitive player. They do have an eye accessibility so casuals feel they can play too, but a good player will always have an advantage - so this is where the request to lose SE from sit downs comes from.

It grants competitive players a reward for landing the right moves and does not affect casual players who don't know how to SE anyway. Then you have happy competitive players who talk about it being a great tournament game and the general perception I Doa improves.

Then that's good for casuals too as more people play the game with its stigmas reduced.

TN need to bite the bullet on this.

Why you no live in US (apart from the obvious) :p

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I seriously cant get why you guys even play DOA.
Why you play a game and say see Tekken is better; SF4 is better; Pink Ponnys is better.
Ok go and play tekken and SF4. Noone stops you.
But why you flame about the game you play comparing it to other games , it is pointless.
You want guaranteed damage? OK. Go and play tekken where after each connect you can watch nearly 10-15 seconds how you die.From all fighting games you cant find a single one that is moved by basic and understandable rules like DOA.Thats why i play it.
I played tekken but The game is just tooo broken and hard. It dont deserve its time.
So i seriously doubt why most of players come here.
How i come in the chat , to discuss the game i love, and start flaming it???
You broke into my house, started living there, changed EVERYTHING, and when I complain you say "If you don't like it, why do you even live here?"

Players with the same mentality as you are the problem and as long as Team Ninja listens to you, we have no hope for a solid DOA game.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Rximmortal, look at it this way. This glitch will also serve as a motivator to improve on your fundamentals (notably defense), so as to avoid these big damaging setups and find ways around it.

Surely you can pinpoint the key movesets to counter with time and practice. Such is the meaning of leveling up your game. Then it won't feel so menacing anymore and you just adapt to how the opponent plays from there.

In the end, it's still gonna play like DOA. Everyone's still gonna have their standard holds, critical bursts, and power blows. It's just that now, holds in stun - aka, "getting out of jail free" - won't be such an easy feat.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

You broke into my house, started living there, changed EVERYTHING, and when I complain you say "If you don't like it, why do you even live here?"

Players with the same mentality as you are the problem and as long as Team Ninja listens to you, we have no hope for a solid DOA game.

It's Team Ninja's house, you're just a tenant.

rximmortal

And you still must give me the last rent for the month. I will charge you double if you dont pay in a week.
You talk about mentality :D. If i just say what i think here i will be banned from the forum for sure.
As i mentioned upper or it was in other tread , it is pointless to give my opinion here anymore.
The time will show what Way Team Ninja will chose. No matter what they chose i will continue to play this game.
Only because it is at least still diffrent than the mass.(in a more interesting way)

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It's Team Ninja's house, you're just a tenant.

When last I checked, we were here before the current "Team Ninja" as well.

And considering we pay ALL the bills, I'd say that means something.

And you still must give me the last rent for the month. I will charge you double if you dont pay in a week.
You talk about mentality :D. If i just say what i think here i will be banned from the forum for sure.
As i mentioned upper or it was in other tread , it is pointless to give my opinion here anymore.
The time will show what Way Team Ninja will chose. No matter what they chose i will continue to play this game.
Only because it is at least still diffrent than the mass.(in a more interesting way)

So you don't deny that you feel entitled over those who were here before you?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD