The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Only because it is at least still diffrent than the mass.(in a more interesting way)
Your English is different from the masses'. That doesn't make it right or good. It just makes you look ignorant. The same applies when you talk about DOA. You're more than welcome here as long as you're willing to learn but if you proudly display your ignorance then this is not the place for you.

RyuJin

Many States in America host tournaments all year. You'll find some good ones spread out on the East coast as well as the West Coast and even some in places like Texas. It's up to you to find out where and yes it's also up to you to create your own offline community but you need to go back and read everything Lopedo said as well and understand.

Offline > Online.

I can sit here all day and go on and on about how garbage it is to fight Lisa online but at the end of the day if they nerf her to where she's less good online, that means that she'll become a garbage character to play AS offline where lag ISN'T a factor.

As for the SE Glitch, I approve of it staying in. It's nice to get that solid advantage off of some stuns but it's just a little tough to consider in the end though. People like JL still get guaranteed CB's off of their setups like 6H+K4 DS K, H+K, 6P+K. It makes me wonder if that's really balanced because in the end, characters like Mila and Hitomi don't get something even close to as great as that without risking being held.

Ok...so you made 3 mistakes VS Jann Lee and its not ok for him to get a free burst? Why is it wrong for Jann Lee to get a Critical burst after that? Other characters can do a lot worse to you now.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
WE don't. We pay maybe at best 5% of the bills.

I'm referring to "the players".

Ok...so you made 3 mistakes VS Jann Lee and its not ok for him to get a free burst? Why is it wrong for Jann Lee to get a Critical burst after that? Other characters can do a lot worse to you now.

Most people don't consider getting hit by dragon gunner in open space a "mistake" but rather an "eventuality". But we've had that discussion before. Jann Lee is the only character I know of who gets stun game access with that kind of ease. The damage itself can be done by anybody, but it doesn't due to the lack of access.

RyuJin

I'm referring to "the players".

Most people don't consider getting hit by dragon gunner in open space a "mistake" but rather an "eventuality". But we've had that discussion before. Jann Lee is the only character I know of who gets stun game access with that kind of ease. The damage itself can be done by anybody, but it doesn't due to the lack of access.

I was speaking as if the player did NOT get hit by Dragon Gunner. Seeing that the player I was talking to said nothing about Dragon Gunner. My point still stands though. You have 2 chances to guess and Jann Lee should not get a free Burst? Other Characters can do the same OR a lot worse to you now. Well as of the 1.03 version that is.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Thats the thing. The problem IS dragon gunner, people just aren't recognizing it so it never gets talked about.

vINv

Honestly this getting so ridiculous combos are combos if u want guranteed dmg because thats considerd high lvl ply who cares i dont i can get big dmg by just throwing with tina on high counter and u wanna give me a guranteed combo fine by me people should stop crying over what u cant change team ninja makes the final descision lets just see what they do

Nightpup

In all honesty, this glitch won't change much. It'll just make sitdowns do what they're meant to do right now. 90% of the competitive players want this glitch to stay, and most casual players don't use stagger/slow escaping anyway. They'll get hit by everything they were getting hit by before, but the competitive players will need to think more about how to approach and with what, so as to not make a mistake since they won't have their precious slow escaping, which I admittedly don't consciously use, even though I know how helpful it can be.

TakedaZX

So... anyway...
I was speaking as if the player did NOT get hit by Dragon Gunner. Seeing that the player I was talking to said nothing about Dragon Gunner. My point still stands though. You have 2 chances to guess and Jann Lee should not get a free Burst? Other Characters can do the same OR a lot worse to you now. Well as of the 1.03 version that is.
Other characters. That's the key statement. Not all characters but "other characters". Hitomi, Eliot, and Mila still only little to nothing off of their sitdown stuns. With that being the case they're going to guess 3 - 4 times before they can actually even attempt to CB and chances are the stuns aren't deep enough for their garbage launchers so all of that just got slow escaped. Now I'm sitting here at -17 wondering how bad this Raijin I'm about to take is going to hurt after ground damage.

That's the shit other people gotta deal with.

Might as well call JL a grappler if were going to give him a CB off of two guesses (3 including the dragon gunner or 6H+K itself) cause that's going to drive him to a half life combo as a 3 part combo hold would work.

Anyway I didn't come here to cry about JL, considering I play him now as well. He's not the easiest character in the world to play. Also I wasn't complaining about him having a 2 guess setup but I was rather saying that if they're going to do something like that, other characters should have some access to stuff like that as well even if it's only giving them a guaranteed launch, I mean shit man come on.

Raansu

In all honesty, this glitch won't change much. It'll just make sitdowns do what they're meant to do right now. 90% of the competitive players want this glitch to stay, and most casual players don't use stagger/slow escaping anyway. They'll get hit by everything they were getting hit by before, but the competitive players will need to think more about how to approach and with what, so as to not make a mistake since they won't have their precious slow escaping, which I admittedly don't consciously use, even though I know how helpful it can be.

No one gives a damn about the casual player, this isn't what this argument is aimed towards. We don't ask for the tools so we can have an easier time beating up on casuals. We ask for these tools so we can have a more logical fight against GOOD players.

Nightpup

No one gives a damn about the casual player, this isn't what this argument is aimed towards. We don't ask for the tools so we can have an easier time beating up on casuals. We ask for these tools so we can have a more logical fight against GOOD players.
That's ... not what I was saying at all. The points you just made were the exact ones I was pointing out as well. They're just ... worded differently. There's one thing about what you said that bugs me though; your distinction between casual and good.

Who's to say a player can't be both casual and good at the game they're playing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mindset I'm seeing here is, "If the player doesn't play competitively, they're just not good. Period. And they never will be."

Again, this is just an assumption. Please correct me if I misinterpreted anything.

rximmortal

Then you represent what is wrong with this current generation of idiots on the internet.
Yaaaaaaawn. Who was you again :? If you are not gonna say anything smart, i am not interested.

That's ... not what I was saying at all. The points you just made were the exact ones I was pointing out as well. They're just ... worded differently. There's one thing about what you said that bugs me though; your distinction between casual and good.

Who's to say a player can't be both casual and good at the game they're playing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mindset I'm seeing here is, "If the player doesn't play competitively, they're just not good. Period. And they never will be."

Again, this is just an assumption. Please correct me if I misinterpreted anything.
You are actually right here , almost :)
See there are 3 types of players. ( i ignore anything below good ones)
1. Good - Plays for fun
2. Competitive - Plays for fun but in more serious way ( he must become the best) (<- I am here:) )
3. Profesional - Plays for Money and fun.
I am not entirely sure the game is ready for profesional level of play, but i hope it will be someday :)

d3v

Yaaaaaaawn. Who was you again :? If you are not gonna say anything smart, i am not interested.
Random online scrub versus someone who actually a) writes for the largest fighting game site on the web (Shoryuken.com) and b) has actually made top 8 in a tournament.
I am not entirely sure the game is ready for profesional level of play, but i hope it will be someday :)
Nerfing SE (whether by the glitch or something else) is a step in that direction.

Female Tengu

and most casual players don't use stagger/slow escaping anyway.

I need to correct you: they don't even know what it is, lol.

And if there is any chance to have less randomness in DOA5, then the whole community, scrubs and pros, should support that. The whole debate + the topic is absolutely pointless IMO (except for the actual poll, which only should have one option to vote for: yes).

d3v

On a related note, it appalls me that discussion on this seems pretty limited to... well here (and DOAW where Manny complains about it not making the game feel like DOA). So outside of the core community, there doesn't seem to be much awareness of the preference to keep the glitch in.

vINv

It amazes me that this arguement still continues big combos are healthy low risk big reward its a little of tekkens mechanics but who cares if big combos scare u maybe u should stick to fps eh

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD