The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I encourage inquiry from people who don't know what they are talking about.

I encourage discussion from people who do.

But I've always been alone in that belief, so whatever. It's not like other communities where if you come in acting like you know everything and nobody has ever heard your name before they just laugh you right out the door. That hardcore standard of "actually going to a fucking tournament" has always been pretty hard for the DOA community to meet before they start voicing their ever-so-educated opinions on all tournament-related things.

Now I just take it in stride.

Davey2100

No it hasn't. For fucks sakes just because the only game half of you have ever played was DoA4 doesn't mean all the DoA's played like that. And for the record, even DoA4 had bnb's, get over it, there is nothing wrong with bnb setups.

Wow! Calm down now. Of course everything has BnBs but they were no use in previous doa's the way it played because each fight was dynamic and you had to adjust by what your opponent did and what their reaction was to your playstyle, to me that is doa, not like in tekken where every fight is basically you doing the one same set-up trying to achieve that one or two juggles you learnt.

I guess when you say all doa's didn't play like 4 you're just on about doa3.1?

But anyway my opinion on doa still stands, why cry so hard making doa something it isn't? play another fighter.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I see BnB written a lot. It wasn't defined in the Wiki. What's it mean? Sorry for being noob.

Raansu

Wow! Calm down now. Of course everything has BnBs but they were no use in previous doa's the way it played because each fight was dynamic and you had to adjust by what your opponent did and what their reaction was to your playstyle, to me that is doa, not like in tekken where every fight is basically you doing the one same set-up trying to achieve that one or two juggles you learnt.

But anyway my opinion on doa still stands, why cry so hard making doa something it isn't? play another fighter.

That's not how Tekken works...That's not how any fighter works. I wish you people would stop making those baseless assumptions. "If DoA did this then it will be like *insert game here that I know nothing about and base everything off 5 minutes of gameplay or gameplay footage*." That kind of ignorance pisses me off.

And no one is crying to make DoA into something else. Fact is, you just don't know the first thing about DoA so you see certain posts and yell "omg that's not doa!!!!! Don't take away me get out of jail free card!!!"

Yeah, just what the DoA community needs, excluding people from discussion and participation with shitty attitudes

Ya because this site needs more people like Degalon posting right? "JUGGLES ARE FOR NOOBS!!! WE NEED AIR COUNTERS!!!! UNHOLDABLE STUNS ARE CHEAP!!!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO COUNTER OUT OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!"

lopedo

I don't care if people don't know what they're talking about, I'm happy to explain. It's the people who genuinely have no idea what it is they're saying, yet still assume they are correct, that's the problem.

As far as DOA becoming all about that one set up, that's exactly the thing here. In high level play, meaning those of us that go out and compete for lots of money and stuffs, yeah? Those people are always going to be defending against that one set up, forcing the attacking player to come up with a new offense. That then is a mix up and mind game.

For people who aren't as good at defending against that one set up, YOU CAN LEARN! Say okay, this next mid punch is the CB that will take half of my life, I will now counter mid punch. So you do, then next time the attacking player puts you in a stun, they have to mix it up. There will always be a guess factor involved, but you can read and condition players to do what you want even on defense, and that's when higher level play is.

Without this "glitch", everything is a guess for everybody. There is no set way to do damage. You just hope they don't counter you. This glitch takes some of that away by forcing people to block and be defensive. If I know you can take half of my health bar away with a certain move I'm going to block more. Without this "glitch', I can mash (slow escape, which is essentially mashing) out of EVERYTHING you do, turning my offense, and defense, into a mashing guess game rather than a competitive, legitimate match.

And user friendly or not, at high level play, worth a lot of money, gaming should be about skill and out maneuvering, not random guessing and mashing.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Ya because this site needs more people like Degalon posting right? "JUGGLES ARE FOR NOOBS!!! WE NEED AIR COUNTERS!!!! UNHOLDABLE STUNS ARE CHEAP!!!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO COUNTER OUT OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!"

Yes, exactly. A variety of opinnions creates discussion. You might be surprised, but not everybody who disagrees with you is automatically wrong.

DR2K

Because that "something it isn't" is just pure ignorance to the series history.

lopedo

I'd like the people that said "this isn't DOA" to list the amount of time they put into each DOA, and what they accomplished in it just to get an idea where they're coming from. Because DOA 4 was and is garbage. Everything else I'm willing to discuss.

BlackOrochi

I voted no.
Although I see how the bugged sit-down stun will encourage people to defend against it (just like the dreaded Critical Burst), I'm not a fan of those guaranteed combos.

Berzerk!

I maintain, the game will be fine with SE in EXCEPT for Sit Down stuns.

That's a particular subset of moves they can control the frames for, and players can practice and work into their game, as ways to get guaranteed damage.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't think videos like that are particularly reassuring to those who are not sure about the SE glitch. Fuck TN sees that and we can kiss it goodbye.

Also keep in mind she has a high & low throw, and mid kick hold that launch you into the ceiling as well.

Omegan Eckhart

Also keep in mind she has a high & low throw, and mid kick hold that launch you into the ceiling as well.
Trying not to think about that too much.

I'm still not 100% how I feel about the glitch. Helena as a character is beginning to feel rather stagnant these days, only being able to guarantee 3P at best with any sit down stun gets pretty boring at times. This glitch would solve that problem seeing as TN refuses to buff her stuns but the game could end up completely fucked up in the process.

Admittedly home has always played that way but still. I hope TN keeps sit down stuns inescapable but tweaks the system accordingly so no 95% combo's can be performed.

d3v

Yes, exactly. A variety of opinnions creates discussion. You might be surprised, but not everybody who disagrees with you is automatically wrong.
Except in his example, everything he mentioned would in fact, make a terrible fighting game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD