The Official SoCal DOA Thread

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Talk about a dead thread!! Two things...

One, Johnny and I want to run a February tourney/hang session. If y'all are down let me know. St. Valentine's Day Massacre 2!!

Two, let's find a way to dedicate that event to Roger's memory and do something good on his behalf. I'm open to suggestions, but I was thinking a donation or something. Best idea wins.

Cool? Cool. Let's talk, my friends.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Okay, well with DOA cancelled at Anime Ascention... It's time to do a SoCal roll call. Where's everyone at? Looking forward this year, do we still have an active competitive community?

Tenren

im actually planing a trip sometime before evo but of course Ill be In cali the week before evo as well

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I'll for sure be at EVO. Was hoping to run something this month, but after the complete lack of interest in Anime Ascention got a little let down. Still, screw it. I'll host casuals. I'll get back with you guys for dates though.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Wow. This thread is DEAD. Anyone in So Cal still reppin? It's been hard to throw a big tourney for the last couple of years because, you know, that costs a lot of money. But if we're still alive at all we can see about putting something together.

VIRGINKNIGHT

Standard Donor
Wow. This thread is DEAD. Anyone in So Cal still reppin? It's been hard to throw a big tourney for the last couple of years because, you know, that costs a lot of money. But if we're still alive at all we can see about putting something together.
I'm interested.

Jared

Anyone here near enough to Wednesday Night Fights in Santa Ana to go when DOA6 launches? I know it's early, but I thought I'd gauge interest now to give people time to prepare. This thread looks pretty dead, but So Cal has always been lacking DOA players so that's not a big surprise.

Dr PaC

I am! Sorta. Im busy alot so I couldnt play the beta like everyone else, but I do plan on competing at my locals when the games released.
Shout outs from San Bernarndino

Dr PaC

Oh nice! I just graduated from Cal State SB last year! I’m in Victorville.
Congrats on graduating. Im going back to school afte I dont know how long. I got out of active duty and now I think Im ready to get started.
Anyways, do you compete at your locals or mostly an online warrior? I want to get a locals for DOA started in my area as soon as I get enough money to get a spot. I think a grassroots "Meetup.com" type of deal will be better first with others in my area to get together for casuals

Jared

Hey man as long as you go back that's the important thing. I did the same thing. And I would much rather play offline than on, but in my time playing (from around 2004-2013, I mostly skipped DOA5), there was never much of a scene around here. Hopefully we can get some interest going in the region and maybe even get something going at WNF if we can get enough people playing regularly.

If anyone is new here and worried about not being good enough to compete or whatever, don't worry about that at all. It's all about learning and having fun, and I am more than willing to teach players the ropes. I've been playing for a really long time now so I might be able to help if people are having problems.

Last edited:

Keylay

I haven't played DOA offline casuals with anyone in a long time. I'm out in Culver City if anyone is on the westside. I've hosted fighting game nights with 3 or 4 friends a few times but not lately. I also have a friend that I hosts fighting game tournaments at a place on the west side. He was going to have a DBFighterZ tournament this Friday but only got 5 people confirmed so he canceled it. If we get enough people to go, I'm pretty sure I can get him to throw a DOA night:

https://www.facebook.com/FINISHINGMOVEFRIDAYS/?ref=br_rs

Dr PaC

I haven't played DOA offline casuals with anyone in a long time. I'm out in Culver City if anyone is on the westside. I've hosted fighting game nights with 3 or 4 friends a few times but not lately. I also have a friend that I hosts fighting game tournaments at a place on the west side. He was going to have a DBFighterZ tournament this Friday but only got 5 people confirmed so he canceled it. If we get enough people to go, I'm pretty sure I can get him to throw a DOA night:

https://www.facebook.com/FINISHINGMOVEFRIDAYS/?ref=br_rs
Thats sounds pretty good to me. Im sorta happy the game comes out in March since Im in the process of moving right now. But thanks for the link. I need to update my facebook and as the release date gets closer, maybe we can do a after release offline casuals somewhere. I dont mind making a drive to play with some other people. Thats whats up

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD