The Official SoCal DOA Thread

ModusPwnins

I think Vincent was planning on getting a PS4 eventually.
I don't know of anybody else that has one, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

Tenren

SCR Update if you havent read as of today

We're rounding up venue proposals/site visits throughout the week. Planning ahead, if there isn't availability for May 1-3 the other date we're looking at is June 5-7. All of May is completely booked for FGC events and the events after June 5-7 are E3, SEAM, and CEO.

We understand it's rough to consider a date change and we're as frustrated as everyone. We have to consider options to make sure there is plenty of notice for everyone to make travel adjustments.

In case you have already made travel plans for May 1-3, there are options to cancel or re-book since the reservation date is over a month away.

Please feel free to ask us any questions/concerns you may have and we'll do our best to assist you!

- Level Up

Vincent Rayne

yeah. i plan on getting a PS4 when i get paid, which is this coming week. but i'll have to look into my budget :D i might have to trade in my ps3 to help with the money to get the ps4.

EDIT: so i just found out i got some extra cash and a lot of it :3 so i'll be using that along with that deal gamestop is doing to buy my PS4 at the end of the month. so i'll be able to join yall, and get practice in before NCR cause i don't want to have controller issues and dropping combos like I did at Twin Galaxies :p

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Be sure to bring your controller as well, @Vincent Rayne.

Also, I may or may not be able to play with you guys tonight in some casuals online since I am streaming. I don't plan on streaming for too long though so we'll see.

Tenren

anyone have plans Saturday night? Will be in Hunting beach / Irvine. Might be able to get free and meet up sometime in the evening

Vincent Rayne

me and several others will be at @ModusPwnins place on Saturday.

and yeah, i'll bring my controller. BLAZE has that converter so Modus would be able to use his stick on the new gens as well as my PS3 controller. i'll see if i'm adjusted by the time the tournament starts.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
me and several others will be at @ModusPwnins place on Saturday.

and yeah, i'll bring my controller. BLAZE has that converter so Modus would be able to use his stick on the new gens as well as my PS3 controller. i'll see if i'm adjusted by the time the tournament starts.

What converter is this? I'd love to use my PS3 stick on PS4.

Tenren

SCR Update:

After a week of calls/site visits throughout SoCal, unfortunately no venues have availability to suit our needs for May 1-3. As a result, we have to postpone SCR to a later date.

Good news however, we have a site meeting with a potential venue available for June 5-7 dates this Wednesday.

We'll update with more news as soon as we can.

We appreciate your patience!

- Level Up

Vincent Rayne

What converter is this? I'd love to use my PS3 stick on PS4.
it's that Titan converter. i hear you have to unplug it after every set so it doesn't automatically turn off. i'd have to ask him about details though. or we could look up the details online. it's the main (if not the only) converter i've heard about.

BLAZE

Is there any input lag or anything on that converter? Or is it just unplug and replug every match?
I have no idea. I can ask someone who has it. I also plan on picking this up so to test it out myself
The converter felt fine with me and yeah you unplug and replug the converter back into the PS4 after every match or the account sign in thing could pop up during a match. Also it's only on the PS4 you unplug and plug in if you want to use the converter with any other console just connect its controller to the converter to authenticate then plug in your controller.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Right on the package (lower left) it says 1ms (that would be for lag) which is the same as my BenQ gamin monitor.
If it's true or not is the real Q. I would say lag result is that the best case scenario.

charisma

Good Morning Everyone. I am new to the scene and i was blessed to connect with iHajinShinobi, and he forwarded me to this thread. When and where do you guys play and/or practice? I would like to take part in the next session. Also, what system do you play on? I have both

Commmanda Panda

Good Morning Everyone. I am new to the scene and i was blessed to connect with iHajinShinobi, and he forwarded me to this thread. When and where do you guys play and/or practice? I would like to take part in the next session. Also, what system do you play on? I have both

Welcome! We tend to do casuals on Saturday's. It happens at one of 2 places, at @ModusPwnins pad in Hacienda Heights or at P-lay card shop in Long Beach. We play on 360, PS3, and PS4. I think we've been busy these past few weeks, so I'll see if people are available for this Saturday

charisma

Welcome! We tend to do casuals on Saturday's. It happens at one of 2 places, at @ModusPwnins pad in Hacienda Heights or at P-lay card shop in Long Beach. We play on 360, PS3, and PS4. I think we've been busy these past few weeks, so I'll see if people are available for this Saturday
Okay cool, thank you Panda. I will bring a PS4 controller with me whenever i come since that is more likely to be the tournament system. I hope to attend a tournament as well.

Commmanda Panda

Okay cool, thank you Panda. I will bring a PS4 controller with me whenever i come since that is more likely to be the tournament system. I hope to attend a tournament as well.

I'll post later this week if there are any plans for this weekend.

There are 2 major tourneys to look out for in the LA area
SCR is planned for June 5-7. Hopefully these dates stick since it has already been pushed back.
Cali Crush also planned for later in the Fall. More news to come in the future

charisma

I'll post later this week if there are any plans for this weekend.

There are 2 major tourneys to look out for in the LA area
SCR is planned for June 5-7. Hopefully these dates stick since it has already been pushed back.
Cali Crush also planned for later in the Fall. More news to come in the future
Had anyone decided weather or not we ate going to come together this weekend for some matches?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD