The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Vincent Rayne

Finally won my first Tourney at AX. even though big names weren't there I'm not gonna put a cap on or stunt how good it felt to win something. Air Gear was there as well as Roger and of course the original Socal team took 1st through 3rd. Modus almost came back against AG despite playing on pad instead of stick and I hope he continues to level up like i've noticed him doing. He may not but i certainly do. the fact that he can almost beat AG while at a disadvantage should be proof enough.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Finally won my first Tourney at AX. even though big names weren't there I'm not gonna put a cap on or stunt how good it felt to win something. Air Gear was there as well as Roger and of course the original Socal team took 1st through 3rd. Modus almost came back against AG despite playing on pad instead of stick and I hope he continues to level up like i've noticed him doing. He may not but i certainly do. the fact that he can almost beat AG while at a disadvantage should be proof enough.

Good job VR! I know AG is a beast!

You know there is a severe lack of props in the DOA community. People put in work in this game just like any other. Just sayin.

Great job again VR. Keep it up!

Tenren

Nice VR congrats.

On side note will any be bringing a converter to evo. If not not sure I'm going to pack my 360 stick. Hate pad lol

Tenren

Big E is looking for some monitors to use for doa at evo. If you can bring 1 send him a message on fb

ModusPwnins

So hey guys, very very last minute, but I'd like to attend Evo this year to participate in the side tourney for DOA.
Looks like even spectator passes are sold out however......so I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out.
This was all essentially very very last minute since I wasn't sure if I would be able to go until quite literally 1 or 2 days ago.
So yea, if I can't get a pass somehow, I'll have to cancel my trip.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
So hey guys, very very last minute, but I'd like to attend Evo this year to participate in the side tourney for DOA.
Looks like even spectator passes are sold out however......so I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out.
This was all essentially very very last minute since I wasn't sure if I would be able to go until quite literally 1 or 2 days ago.
So yea, if I can't get a pass somehow, I'll have to cancel my trip.

I believe that Fri and Sat passes will be available at the event for $25. Sunday is all done though. Wizard made a tweet about it and you can find it on his feed.

ModusPwnins

So...first and foremost congrats to VincentRayne for making top 8 since I'm pretty sure he's been working at that goal for a while now.
Congrats to Hajin and Adon for getting 5th. Special props to Adon since I know this tournament held special significance to him. Grats to Steady for 2nd.
As always congrats to my MR idol, SonicFox for getting 3rd......even if he did switch to Rachel......and even if he did only get 3rd.........
Aaaaand Kwiggle is not allowed to return to the USA if he doesn't win the DOA Festival in Japan.........

Moving on....
Good games to everyone that I played in Vegas.
Much thanks to Tenren for getting me in to Evo.
I'd like to thank Alex Nichols and Tenren for helping me keep it together when I got knocked into losers right off the bat by Alex himself (lol). Managed to end up doing 3-2 instead of choking my ass off and ending the night feeling salty.
I got completely eliminated demolished by Brute, I think each match was 3-0. But still happy. As Adon said, I just need to play more to understand some matchups and the nuances of this game.
Good games to NerdUnemployed, our match came down to the wire and I was lucky enough to stay composed long enough to stay alive. Honestly felt like I lucked out and dodged a bullet here, you've been playing much longer and you've done much more for the DOA community than I could ever hope to so yea...GGs once again.
Much thanks to Hajin for giving me some new tech/ ideas to work with.
Good games and nice meeting you to Catz/Cats (sp?) and Dustin.
Much thanks to Evan for having us over at his place for casuals.

I've been semi-absent/ away from DOA and my attendance at Evo was last minute for various reasons, Hajin, Adon, and Madian (sp?) know what I mean.

So my only goals for Evo this year were to 1) see if I've leveled up my character and 2) level up while at Evo and to a limited extent 3) test my tournament nerves. I'll let you guys decide if I've done so.

But yea good times all around. Even with Tekken 7 out and the current installment of DOA nearing the end of its tournament relevance, I'm sure that I will continue playing the game until 6 because flat out......despite being a Tekken player, a lot of times I just have more fun playing DOA.

And now back into hiding I go.

Last edited:

ModusPwnins

OK Kwiggle, you're allowed to come back to the USA now :p
Seriously though, great matches. Congratulations to Kwiggle for taking 1st.

Rubedood

Is there any news about Cali Crush? Some of the local VF guys were asking about it yesterday during the NYGX stream. If it is, will VF be there?

Vincent Rayne

Is there any news about Cali Crush? Some of the local VF guys were asking about it yesterday during the NYGX stream. If it is, will VF be there?
hopefully @boobiebombs sees this so he can have an answer for you. i know that if a game is demanded enough he'll have it at CC, though. so if it's not then get together and make it happen!

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Yeah, worki
hopefully @boobiebombs sees this so he can have an answer for you. i know that if a game is demanded enough he'll have it at CC, though. so if it's not then get together and make it happen!

Working on the announcement trailer as we speak. Game lineup, date, and venue wil be announced VERY soon. But the VF players should be pretty excited *wink*.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD