The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Here's a look at the VF5FS training mode:

I'm not impressed by the tutorial. The first "tutorial" is on defensive moves: I'm not familiar with these and the game doesn't tell me how to perform them, it simply states what it does and "do this" but doesn't give me the how. Kind of flawed for a tutorial. If not for the commentary, I'd be completely lost. Hopefully not all the other tuts are this bad.

And this is the hype match from the launch party featuring Fuudo and Chibita that everyone's raving about:

x Sypher x

Chibita vs Fuudo was truly a breathtaking match. I don't play it much but there's something about watching high level play in VF that's truly amazing. It's so fast-paced and it's like you literally have to make decisions on the fly, frame by frame. The mindset required seems to be on a whole other level. I really hope DOA5 will be able to compete with this.

ScattereDreams

I really hope DOA5 will be able to compete with this.

Not if the built in sidesteps have that super long recovery in the final release.

I'm excited about alot with FS, but really looking forward to that record and replay moves in training mode. Every fighter should have that feature. It'll help to figure out every situation and tough matchup's.

Berzerk!

Thats funny, but I've found the opposite is true by running VF5FS and DOA5 demo side by side, both garner interest.

My core VF sparring partner is getting into DOA, so anecdotally it's not such a bad thing.

Baron West

That's good to hear, the experience of playing this game will do you good. I know I found it added value to other games for me as well as being great in its own right. Definitely best if you. An get some opponents to run through some things.

If you are having trouble jump into command training with another character. It's a diverse cast so finding your preferred playstyle may not be immediate.

What characters do people play? Playing on pad or stick?
If pad, ditch it for a stick ASAP as the game is much improved with proper arcade control.

I play Pai who, like most of the strikers, is also a great learning character.
Have tried a fair bit with Jean Kujo when we had the game at Shadowloo Showdown who has some great unique techniques for this kind of system with charge strings by holding the button, and you can tap another attack to change it during charge.
Lots of brilliant little touches.

Akira, Vanessa, Aoi, McWild, and Shun.

Pad vs Stick...I prefer Pad. I can input f,f motions in faster intervals. Buttons feel better on stick though.

RoboJoe

What's a good character for a beginner to get used to vf's systems? I'm planning to main Akira (yes I know), but I want to pick up someone else to get in the groove first.

x Sypher x

I heard Pai is one of them that's good for beginners. And Jacky IMO, he was easy to pick up and learn for me. He's a pretty basic character.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I'm definitely buying this now:

!

They have Wolf dressed as Hogan, and his banner at 2:37 says "Real American".

GOLD.

I'll be getting it on PS3.

omg .. they gave sarah the ulalah guns from space channel 5 !
.. lol im betting theres her costume as well

im sold !! :p

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
im betting theres her costume as well
7287849806_e1f3e9359c_z.jpg

DyByHands

No, Homo?.. Ah, send em my way ;)
Ive never played a VF game (always opted for DOA over other fighters), but at 15$ I will be getting VF5FS. A good deal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD