The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

TRI Mike

To start with, I think Pai and Jacky are the perfect characters. I personally started with Akira, Aoi and Eileen and ended up abandoning Akira because I simply never got used to the fucker. Aoi is very nice and the fact that she has "defensive holds" for everything makes her perfect for a DOA player like me. Eileen is just so awesome with her QCF and QCB continuations of most of her strings.

Blackula

This is the game I've longed for the most. VF is my favorite fighting game series ever.

As far as my character, here's a hint: IT'S GO TIME BABY!!!!!!!

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I'm definitely snagging this as soon as it comes out.
Have enough XBL points that I can make sure I get the costumes for Wolf, Lion, and Jacky.
A lot of references to other games in that video too: the Dynasty Warriors series, Street Fighter....not to mention the blatant Bass rip-off ;)

FakeSypha

I'm getting it too. I'm totally new to the series, tho. Well I have played some VF before, but that was eons ago and on poor man's versions (VF2 on SEGA Genesis... lol). I used to play with Sarah, I believe.
Anyway, I've bought VF5Online a few months ago to catch up a bit. Haven't played it much other than the Quest mode. I'm comfy using Vanessa for now. I love her raw fighting style!

Oddly enough, today I trying to get some online matches, but I found a glitch of some sort. I play one match just fine, then I try to play a second one and game freezes in some kind of green loading screen. It's not the game. I mean it's brand new and has no scratches or whatsoever, and it's not the console or connection either (never had any trouble online with any other 360 game, or with any other system for that matter). Hope that this thing doesn't happen with FS.

So anyway, I'll be playing it on 360.

RoboJoe

I've been thinking, what will happen to Akira's knee? DOA is built for controllers rather than sticks like VF, and Akira's knee isn't exactly easy to do on a pad without some awkward button mapping. Does anyone think that the knee input will be different from VF? I'm expecting that if they do something, they're going to increase the window you have to let go of G.

Berzerk!

Had the game for a while as I run it at events, finally got some time to play around with the extra modes. Licence Mode is actually quite good... got up to B license. It has this awesome track in the license for "Special Rules" - the first one is "no recovery on moves" so everything is a wicked chain combo, and the second is Half Gravity, making floating characters a crazy thing.

Hanging for the customisation packs and online to go active!

TRI Mike

I'm paying for it anyway, twice since I'm getting it for both consoles just because I want to support the game.

FakeSypha

Poison-ish costume for Vanessa. There are hairstyles in pink, but they're not available using the hat. Also, she plays with her handcuffs in her winning stance.

Loved the Ulala costume! Anyway, there are a shitload of items within each DLC pack.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Bought it and played for a bit last night with Lopedo and some other guys...holy shit. Now, I was passably decent at VF5 back in the day thanks to Silent Legend teaching me a thing or two, but wow am I terrible now. Might be that it's the first time I'm playing on a stick, might be that I just don't remember anything, but I got worked pretty hard. Barrier to entry = holy fuck high.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD