The Regeneration Of Brutality Raidou Gameplay thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Heya!

With Raidou's trailer officially being released yesterday I wanted to create a gameplay thread about our favorite villain.
So how has Raidou changed from DOA5LR to DOA6? Well for starters:

- He got a new :P::P::P::P: string
- He got a air throw (the best airthrow in the game)
- He got a new :6::P::K: string
- :1::P::P: is now a low-low string instead of a low-mid string.
- :214::P: No longer leaves him back turned
- :6::K::K: is no longer a mid knockdown
- :3::3::K::P: results in a bound now
- :9::K: now launches at critical hit LV2

well, then... Let's discuss!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
With Raidou, it seems the last hit of :P::P::P: is now a standalone move. It's originally Leon's :214::P:. Bayman also had this as a standalone move way back in the past but it was replaced later on to what Raidou has in DOA5LR.

Assuming with the case here, his old 214P (which is Bayman's old 214P) might get replaced with Leon's version that doesn't put him BT. The thing with DOA5LR Raidou's Bayman 214P is that it's super unsafe, his slowest mid launcher, puts him backturned like mentioned, and the worst issue of them all with this move is that the launch height for damage is not impressive at all even on max threshold at the time. So if they replaced it with Leon's 214P then that's an improvement since it's a better launch height. Honestly the only thing good about Raidou's old 214P was that it stuns on NH, which you can land BT4K for a sitdown stun into a guaranteed mid. The problem is that it's not very often that you'll land it on NH unless they crouch. I'd be super surprised if anyone wanted his old 214P back.

His :6::P::K: might be Hayate's :6::P::K: which is safe and good. Then again, Raidou's 6PP was also safe but 6PK (last hit) will likely track if it's Hayate's version. Can stop people stepping after the first hit.

----------------------------------

@SilverForte Do hope that electric of his is plus for block check and conditioning. Just looks weird to have it as an EWGF but yet it's not even plus, if he wants to be a Mishima then at least do that lol.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Here's some changes I've noted about Raidou, I apologize if anyone already brung them up xD

-He has a new punch follow up to PPP, it wallsplats.

-I think his PP4PK got better GB, I compared his LR one to DOA6 and it seems slightly shorter in DOA5LR so he'll probably gain more advantage

-6KK doesn't knock down anymore on NH, it causes a stun for a stun set up now which seems a bit like a nerf imo. I wonder if it'll have the sit down push if the last hit hits by itself, but chances are that it'll just be a stun as well xD

-1PP was toned down, the first stun animation is now the same animation you would get from a tip low stun and the second one is just the original stun you would get if the first hit hits in DOA5LR. I'm fine with this change since it did seem obnoxious you could use this to bait a panic hold so easily so now it seems less risky to not fall for it. I'm sure they'll probably give those old LR properties to it however if it hits on counter hit

-33KP is his bound so it'll be alot more useful than before

-9K got a better stun launch height and that was needed since he now has that air throw which I think will be a go to xD

-In DOA6 he's not forced to go backturned from 214P anymore so that'll open more combo opportunities for him. It still has an SP symbol in his command list so I'm sure you can still go backturned with 4 if you press it afterwards.

Also speaking of moves here's his movelist I saw on Twitter, I shared it with DestructionBomb since he's probably one of the few notable Raidou players here who's used him

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Here's some changes I've noted about Raidou, I apologize if anyone already brung them up xD

-He has a new punch follow up to PPP, it wallsplats.

-I think his PP4PK got better GB, I compared his LR one to DOA6 and it seems slightly shorter in DOA5LR so he'll probably gain more advantage

-6KK doesn't knock down anymore on NH, it causes a stun for a stun set up now which seems a bit like a nerf imo. I wonder if it'll have the sit down push if the last hit hits by itself, but chances are that it'll just be a stun as well xD

-1PP was toned down, the first stun animation is now the same animation you would get from a tip low stun and the second one is just the original stun you would get if the first hit hits in DOA5LR. I'm fine with this change since it did seem obnoxious you could use this to bait a panic hold so easily so now it seems less risky to not fall for it. I'm sure they'll probably give those old LR properties to it however if it hits on counter hit

-33KP is his bound so it'll be alot more useful than before

-9K got a better stun launch height and that was needed since he now has that air throw which I think will be a go to xD

-In DOA6 he's not forced to go backturned from 214P anymore so that'll open more combo opportunities for him. It still has an SP symbol in his command list so I'm sure you can still go backturned with 4 if you press it afterwards.

Also speaking of moves here's his movelist I saw on Twitter, I shared it with DestructionBomb since he's probably one of the few notable Raidou players here who's used him

- 9K only got that height because he landed the attack on firecrackers from the ground I believe. The firecrackers on the ground is DOA5LR Dangerzone bounce which Manny mentioned it on FB regarding the stage I think.

- Oh yeah, PP4PK. The last hit of the move can be stepped too. Heck, you can even freestep it. Hopefully there's more advantage off that GB since he has no GBs above +5 with the exception of the fireball which is slow, reactable, and only useful near a wall for a guaranteed P.

- I actually felt his 6KK (last hit) with the moderate knockback removal into a stun was an improvement. I'm curious if it still wallsplats near a wall though (which if it didn't, it'd be a bit of a buff and a nerf mix at the same time). What if.......it's a wallsplat stun variation. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :ninja: (Ninja smoke activate)

- Yeah 1P string looks like it took a hit. Specifically the first hit. Bass might of been hit with this too now that I think about it. The thing with 1P is that the stun becomes a side trip stun on CH. On water you can land guaranteeds off it since low stuns vary on water or any slippery surfaces. Raidou in DOA5LR is actually particularly dangerous if he's on water with 1P. 1PP becomes a natural combo into a juggle combo and the followup can't be held if he landed the string on CH via water. Honestly, it might not be as bad as one though it would be, 50/50 on this.

- 33KP can be more common now, I'd say that's pretty cool. Someone did the move on a Twitter and it's +1 now instead of neutral. Not a ultra improvement, but better than nothing I guess.

You have to admit but Raidou did get some minor improvements here. Albeit there is still some areas that they can improve on (which they probably won't) so that he can "actually" be a threat due to speed differences and no conditioning opponent check at the moment except with gimmicks, but gimmicks don't last forever. I believe Raidou can become massively frightening if they changed his electric properties from light disadvantage to +2 - +4 for block check against i9/i11 characters but hey, up to TN.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
- 9K only got that height because he landed the attack on firecrackers from the ground I believe. The firecrackers on the ground is DOA5LR Dangerzone bounce which Manny mentioned it on FB regarding the stage I think.

- Oh yeah, PP4PK. The last hit of the move can be stepped too. Heck, you can even freestep it. Hopefully there's more advantage off that GB since he no GBs above +5 with the exception of the fireball which is slow, reactable, and only useful near a wall for a guaranteed P.

- I actually felt his 6KK (last hit) with the moderate knockback removal into a stun was an improvement. I'm curious if it still wallsplats near a wall though (which if it didn't, it'd be a bit of a buff and a nerf mix at the same time). What if.......it's a wallsplat stun variation. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :ninja: (Ninja smoke activate)

- Yeah 1P string looks like it took a hit. Specifically the first hit. Bass might of been hit with this too now that I think about it. The thing with 1P is that the stun becomes a side trip stun on CH. On water you can land guaranteeds off it since low stuns vary on water or any slippery surfaces. Raidou in DOA5LR is actually particularly dangerous if he's on water with 1P. 1PP becomes a natural combo into a juggle combo and the followup can't be held if he landed the string on CH via water. Honestly, it might not be as bad as one though it would be, 50/50 on this.

- 33KP can be more common now, I'd say that's pretty cool. Someone did the move on a Twitter and it's +1 now instead of neutral. Not a ultra improvement, but better than nothing I guess.

You have to admit but Raidou did get some minor improvements here. Albeit there is still some areas that they can improve on (which they probably won't) so that he can "actually" be a threat due to speed differences and no conditioning opponent check at the moment except with gimmicks, but gimmicks don't last forever. I believe Raidou can become massively frightening if they changed his electric properties from light disadvantage to +2 - +4 for block check against i9/i11 characters.
Based from what you said he at least seems a bit more threatening, idk if I'll be able to do those EWGFs of his consistently but I think I can see myself trying to play him in DOA6 with the buffs he's gotten, he hasn't changed much but I think the changes he did receive like the 6KK one is probably so he can get more damage from stun set ups since the ground game itself is still kinda iffy, I hope they change it somewhat before release

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Based from what you said he at least seems a bit more threatening, idk if I'll be able to do those EWGFs of his consistently but I think I can see myself trying to play him in DOA6 with the buffs he's gotten, he hasn't changed much but I think the changes he did receive like the 6KK one is probably so he can get more damage from stun set ups since the ground game itself is still kinda iffy, I hope they change it somewhat before release

He's definitely a bit better now than before yeah, people have to be crazy to deny that. Positive changes are always welcomed and Raidou in particular legitimately had to get some improvements here and there. The buffs people were looking for is improvements where he doesn't lose steam or get bullied near a wall in trying to condition someone where speed differences isn't an issue.

Raidou can do 2P (which is +1) and still lose to i9/i11 because his startups on his next attacks are quite slow. (i13 mid, i11 high) and he will lose both of those trades. Imagine being plus and develop anxiety on whether you should attack or not lolsz.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I thought it was a regular launch... oh well. I’m still very excited for Raidou, and he will definitely be my main character. I do hope that he’ll get some more moves and maybe some expert holds.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Raidou’s frame data on block:
:P: -1
:P: -8
:P::P::P: -12
:P::P::P::P: -13
:P::P::6::P: -11
:P::P::6::P::P: -11
:P::P::6::P::[[P]]: +8
:P::P::6::P::K: -13
:P::P::4::P::P: -10
:P::P::4::P::K: +2
:P::P::K: -5
:P::K: -13
:6::P::P: -3
:6::P::K: -7
:4::P::P: -10
:4::P::K: -4
:8::P: -19
:9::P: -5
:7::P: -10
:2::P: -4
:3::P: -7
:1::P::P: -5
:1_::P::P: -15
:6::6::P: -4
:236::P: -11
:214::P: -12
:6::2::3:*:P: -6
:K: -11
:K::K: -4
:6::K::K: -12
:4::K: -3
:8::K: -13
:9::K: -13
:7::K: -31
:2::K: -9
:3::K: -9
:3::K::P: -11
:1::K: -17
:1::K::K: -9
:6::6::K: -16
:3::3::K: -14
:3::3::K::P: -14
:236::K: -2
:214::K: +4
:P+K: -8
:6::P+K: -8
:1::P+K: +
:H+K: -9
:6::H+K: -11
:4::H+K: -18
:2::H+K: -12

- Raidou gets a guaranteed 33K after he does 66P on a back turned opponent.
- 4H+K does become a fatalstun when somebody is sidestepping.
-214P is his highest launcher

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The inputs seem to be less strict in 6, I had a easier time performing the throws. I still find them hard to pull off with a standard PS4 controller

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well I just switched to PS4 controller after yeeeears of XBOX. It took me a while to get used to his lightening punch and now it is all over again.

Then I see the input for the air throw and it's okay, but seeing as how Ryu only has to press the throw button now for his kinda makes me feel like they could have made Raidou's a little easier. Especially since there is a unique animation for the grab itself.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well I just switched to PS4 controller after yeeeears of XBOX. It took me a while to get used to his lightening punch and now it is all over again.

Then I see the input for the air throw and it's okay, but seeing as how Ryu only has to press the throw button now for his kinda makes me feel like they could have made Raidou's a little easier. Especially since there is a unique animation for the grab itself.

Back at his trailer, I legitimately thought his air throw was a half circle input too. Not to mention that the air throw itself has a slow startup, so you are likely to land at least 1 electric into it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@SilverForte @KasumiLover @Onryoki @deathofaninja @Raansu After I kept throwing his break holds, I conditioned him to stop break holding and look what happened Kek
dog_kek.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Raidou’s titles, I didn’t unlock them all but I have a good portion of them, I believe.

F44169AE-9DE7-4346-B75D-3F4E4750C22F.jpeg
71B27008-1482-4292-AFC3-4DBB67635A1A.jpeg

Raidou’s 1000 win title is “Immortal”
Raidou’s 3000 win title is “Worthless bug, the character level titles are the only new character specific titles that are obtainable in the game. The rest are returning ones.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Destruction Bomb... the Raidou input god. It might be hard for you believe, but those are dammed hard actions to pull off this early so I think the damage is earned. He's a heavy and heavies should get their damage. Smashing combos btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD