The Role Playing Game Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nier Automata got a new trailer:

I had no idea the story would be presented like THAT 0_o Yeah....I'm getting this game now down the line, I thought it was gonna be different but it's actually the way I like it, and the artstyle is my taste too, and I never actually noticed her brother till now. Oh my god the voice acting....I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD NOW, the trailer literally gave me the hype and excitement I need!!!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I had no idea the story would be presented like THAT 0_o Yeah....I'm getting this game now down the line, I thought it was gonna be different but it's actually the way I like it, and the artstyle is my taste too, and I never actually noticed her brother till now. Oh my god the voice acting....I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD NOW, the trailer literally gave me the hype and excitement I need!!!

Huh? What exactly suddenly changed in this trailer compared to the ones before? Also, the boy was even in the demo. (Did you play the demo?) He's not her brother.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Huh? What exactly suddenly changed in this trailer compared to the ones before? Also, the boy was even in the demo. (Did you play the demo?) He's not her brother.
Well TBH I didn't watch the original demo because I wasn't so interested in the game itself at that time, 2B is hot no doubt but I didn't want to just buy a game for one character who has a great deal of hentai fanart. I honestly wasn't gonna even watch this one, but I took a breath and hit play and....yeah it won me. XD And that guy isn't hee brother? XD they look so alike

And no, I couldn't play the demo since my 4G hotspot was kinda limited that month, I may try it out eventually tho if I can't get it on the date I want since DQ: Heroes 2 is coming out and I NEED that pink haired hime cut ponytail girl and that guy with the wild purple hair in my life ☆.☆

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow, haven't posted in this thread for so long. Thought I'd share the three JRPGs that I am looking forward to the most in 2020:

Granblue Fantasy Relink, an epic open world JRPG based on the universe of the super popular gacha game and made by the who is who of the JRPG business: Platinum Games (combat system), Hideo Minaba (character design), Nobuo Uematsu (composer).

Early game dungeon and boss battle:

Tales of Arise, finally a new, big budget mothership Tales game, set in a gorgeous, big fantasy world:

Genshin Impact, a Chinese open world action RPG, that draws a lot of inspiration by Zelda Breath of the Wild:

Yep, I didn't mention Final Fantasy VII Remake at all, and that is because I'm personally not very interested in it. I lack any kind of nostalgia, because I never played the original, and I am not a fan of episodic releases. :/

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Can open world games just die please? I'm honestly sick of every AA/AAA game being open world or a massive explorable area or something. It was cool the first few years or so but we've had nothing but open world games for at least 5 years.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Can open world games just die please? I'm honestly sick of every AA/AAA game being open world or a massive explorable area or something. It was cool the first few years or so but we've had nothing but open world games for at least 5 years.

Speak for yourself, man. There are still many who love open world games, I'm one of them, and these games sell in the millions. So they are here to stay. :)

I'm especially excited about Genshin Impact I have to say. It was only yesterday announced for PS4 and from what little I have seen so far it is exactly my cup of tea. It's basically the perfect blend of a Tales game and Zelda Breath of the Wild, an action JRPG in a huge world that you can freely explore. You can walk, climb, swim, glide...
There will be 7 distinctive, vast biomes, each with a capital city. These concept arts are of two of them:

48424814852_cd4b057730_o.jpg

ar5q6.jpg

Here is that region in an in-game screenshot:

maxresdefault.jpg

In this trailer there's some exploration of the above region:

I also really like the character design. It's standard anime, yeah, but it is also really pretty and really well drawn:

ar5qv.jpg

EAASBSoXUAEbsuE.jpg

D9govLzXsAImsHA.jpg

D-O_C0FXoAAKnpn.jpg

Apparently you will find more than 30 unique characters like these in the world that you can hire to be part of your team. O:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I never said I didn't like them, the problem is there's too many like literally 90% of single player games now are open world.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I never said I didn't like them, the problem is there's too many like literally 90% of single player games now are open world.

There is not too many. Of the about a dozen open world games that released in the last year I played only two (Spider-Man and Red Dead Redemption 2), because the others for different reasons were just not my cup of tea. I have to wait months and years for open world games that are for me. It's even worse in regards to JRPGs. Name me just a couple good open world JRPGs. With good I mean where the world was actually well done, fun to explore and rewarding to explore. There are literally none. So I do really appreciate that several seemingly good open world JRPGs will release next year. I'd love to indulge myself already now, but it isn't meant to be unfortunately. :/

Jadeinchains

I love the artstyle of the Genshin Impact game, Also wow seriously action Japanese Role playing games are really becoming super popular it seems which is 100% okay with me. ( Of course turn based is great too but I really enjoy the fluidity and freedom of action based jrpg's ) There's FF7Remake, Genshin Impact, Gran Blue just off the top of my head. ( tales of Arise I'm not sure what It's gameplay is? )

I hope that genshin game will have an interesting world, characters and story. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm kinda living for those Nintendo babies, throwing temper tantrums over Genshin Impact.

All they actually achieved was directing a lot of attention towards a game that hardly anyone had heard of before. Genshin impact was now the most popular game in Sony's China Joy booth, with huge lines to play it, and its PS4 announcement trailer has even more views than E3 trailers of games like Gears of War 5, lol.
Now Genshin Impact is all over gaming news, and guess what? Most people are actually liking what they see a lot, me included. I have watched way too much of the beta, but it's just the prologue and only one region of seven in the final game.
Going by the beta each of the regions is massive by the way, but not just massive, they are also really beautiful and interesting to explore, with tons of quests, different enemy encounters, bosses, environmental puzzles, dungeons, treasures... So far we know of three regions: The German culture inspired Mondstadt (meaning moon city), the Chinese culture inspired Liyue Harbour (meaning to make a contract harbour) and the Russian culture inspired Prekrasnaya (meaning beautiful smile). Can't wait to explore all of them early next year. :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
OMG, Xenoblade Chronicles 1 will be remade! O: I've wished for that for years, but now it actually comes true:

For everyone who doesn't know the original Xenoblade Chronicles, it's only literally the best JRPG ever made.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Good news and bad news in regards to Granblue Fantasy Relink.
Bad news first, I guess: The game is obviously in development troubles and they still are not even able to confirm that the game releases in 2020. :(
The good news: The game looks absolutely gorgeous and is getting more and more ambitious every time we see it. :)
These new trailers and gameplay footage were released today:

They also showed a very short story teaser on the live stream, which they did not upload in higher quaity. Sorry for the poor image quality:

Last but not least some of the pretty screenshots they also released:

Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-1-2.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-12.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-14.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-9.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Versus-10.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So Genshin Impact is now also coming to Switch! O: Who would've have thunk it... Will Nintendo and Zelda fanboys now destroy their Switches in protest like they did with PS4s, lol?

Anyway, Mihoyo also released the reveal trailer of the new game region Liyue. After the by medievil Germany inspired Mondstadt, this one is inspired by ancient China.

Some screencaps from the trailer:

49386572566_49eec13e47_o.jpg

49386101268_57c8f8b3ed_o.jpg

49386572501_fa31c9dcd9_o.jpg

49386572436_83d7525cd8_o.jpg

49386767792_e9d1884c54_o.jpg

They also published a new Chinese blog post (http://www.nadianshi.com/2020/01/259498) with two new concept arts of the Liyue region:

%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20200114152814.jpg

%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20200114152818.jpg

In the blog post they apologized for taking their time to craft Liyue, as every part of the game, with the utmost detail and care and they promised players an easter egg, which they called "Wings of the Guardian". We'll have to wait for an English translation, but it might be this new type of wings that they've teased in this gif before:

2019111411183037136.gif

2019111411255583092.jpg

Liyue will be so pretty and fun to explore! :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD