The Witcher Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh sorry I didn't see this, I'll go check now!

Edit: Okay I've checked and the music still plays and the buildings aren't charred, I don't remember exactly what it looked like before but the main square isn't destroyed but I can't find tents or a stage. And the tourney grounds have the black smoke.

Maybe you should put that in spoilers? XD

Hmm...maybe...
...my city is more devastated because I didn't ask the higher vampire lord for help? I watched that route on Youtube and at one point he calls back all vampires including Dettlaff. In the Syanna route this never happens. I'm sure it is no bug, because the buildings are not just charred but they are also partly clad in scaffolding. So they are repairing them...forever I'm afraid. ;)

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Maybe you should put that in spoilers? XD

Hmm...maybe:
...my city is more devasted because I didn't ask the higher vampire lord for help? I watched that route on Youtube and at one point he calls back all vampires including Dettlaff. In the Syanna route this never happens.

Lol yeah I noticed I probably should. XD

Yeah that very well might be the case of why mine isn't that bad, the city in mine has no damage remaining besides the tents maybe being gone but I'd need to see a photo of it before to truly see. The tourney is still got black smoke but I don't include that with the city and don't mind it being like that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol yeah I noticed I probably should. XD

Yeah that very well might be the case of why mine isn't that bad, the city in mine has no damage remaining besides the tents maybe being gone but I'd need to see a photo of it before to truly see. The tourney is still got black smoke but I don't include that with the city and don't mind it being like that.

I'll take some pics, wait a sec... Lol, this is like the time we searched for the vanished river in Velen. XD

Jadeinchains

Yeah! XD good thing that got fixed when Blood and Wine released, but yeah I'll see if its changed based on the before pictures.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm actually quite serious about letting them know to allow New Game+ files be turned on for use in another New Game++, though their Twitter is highly populated so I feel as though my message will go unnoticed or overlooked like most popular twitter pages when people attempt to contact them in hopes for a response.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
CD Projekt will apparently announce Gwent as a stand alone game on E3:

gwent176u1x.png

gwent2y6ufw.png

I always hear how awsome it is and probably the best minigame in any video game...but I somehow just can't get into it. :/ I really tried...

Jadeinchains

CD Projekt will apparently announce Gwent as a stand alone game on E3:

gwent176u1x.png

gwent2y6ufw.png

I always hear how awsome it is and probably the best minigame in any video game...but I somehow just can't get into it. :/ I really tried...

Yeah I'm not a fan of it at all, Still for people that do like it It is good for them.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Gwent is alright, when I first played it I thought off the bat it would be a good card game since the rules being applied makes it somewhat fun. I said to myself that the company could make an actual game out of this if they wanted.

And behold, they are turning it into an actual game (just didn't expect it to be the same Gwent, was thinking of a different card game all together with the same rules from Witcher's Gwent). Still won't buy it though, doesn't put me for interest as an instant buy.

New patch update upcoming by the way:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-witcher-3-patch-coming-asap-to-address-all-maj/1100-6440555/

Still no hopes for a NG++. Such is fate, really good game though I don't see myself replaying it again. Got all the diagrams for grandmaster+Aeronight sword, finished the hardest difficulty main story, Level at 99 (no point in hitting 100), all the quests done and contracts etc. Basically there really isn't anything for me to do besides another New Game+ on a NG+ file to attempt a whole new game of challenge and missing trophies, but that option has been denied for whatever reason. I suppose you can tag me in the thread again if new content arises or the option for a NG++.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
There's some extra coming towards us...

xuutpfrzgkso.png

That quest was awesome by the way. XD Afterwards I could empathize with Roach so much better.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ah I did that one, found it by sheer accident actually. (I told myself I wouldn't post here again but couldn't resist, seeing as this game was awesome.) I suppose the right word for it is....I'll probably post but not as much anymore.

Jadeinchains

I just did that quest today and it was quite the surprise what happened! I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not yet? Either way that's me done every quest in Touissant which is awesome but at the same time sad since I don't want to be done with it yet!

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I just did that quest today and it was quite the surprise what happened! I'm not entirely sure if I like it or not yet? Either way that's me done every quest in Touissant which is awesome but at the same time sad since I don't want to be done with it yet!

I still don't know how you do it... I've been playing a lot of Blood and Wine in the last couple of days and I am still not done. Each time I see you online you are playing DOAX3 Fortune. Seriously, how do you do it? o__O Also, how could you finish the base game plus Hearts of Stone in 30 hours? x__X

Jadeinchains

I still don't know how you do it... I've been playing a lot of Blood and Wine in the last couple of days and I am still not done. Each time I see you online you are playing DOAX3 Fortune. Seriously, how do you do it? o__O Also, how could you finish the base game plus Hearts of Stone in 30 hours? x__X

Lol I don't know I guess I'm a natural born speed runner! I'll probably still play it though just because I'm sure there must be some hidden thing for me to do or atleast sight see. There's quests in the main game I haven't done so I guess I'll go back and do them now. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Thought I post this old post again, that I once made in the graphics thread:

A game modder was able to position the game camera thousands of meters high to look down on the world of the Witcher III. The world looks already great from the ground (as you might have seen in my pictures a few pages ago) but from the air it looks even more breathtaking. These pictures actually look like real satelite pictures. O: The detail CD Projekt Red put in this game world is absolutely amazing and pretty much unmatched so far in any other game.

Behold the complete world of The Witcher III (well, excluding Kaer Morhen and the Skellige Archipelago):

1wougo.jpg

White Orchard, the idyllic place where you start the game:

36fuku.jpg

The main island of the Skellige Archipelago (there are many smaller but just as interesting islands scattered around it):

2e7ui0.jpg

Let me try to give you an idea how this translates in the game with the example of Skellige...
In each picture I am looking from a different place on the map to the same mountain marked with a triangle:

karte-jpg.17393

1)
ard-skellig_8-png.17395

2)
boxholm-png.17396

3)
ard-skellig-png.17394

Amazing, huh? :)

Jadeinchains

That really is incredible and I love how people manage to get these whole country shoots! The world looks so gorgeous in these pictures. I keep looking at the giant mountain in Touissant as well because of just how beautiful it is behind Bleaclair. It really is sad they won't be releasing anymore dlc for the witcher 3 because I'd definitely buy it. I hope the next game whether its Geralt or Ciri takes place in a new unseen country so that we can see how the other places in the witcher world look. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I already miss the Witcher franchise now. ;__; I don't think there will be one in the near future. And even though I like Ciri, I will terribly miss Geralt and his dry wit, if he's not the main protagonist anymore.
A friend saw me playing the Witcher yesterday and was like:
"You really like that game, huh? You've been playing that a lot recently"
Me: "Yeah, I guess I do... I even played two times through it."
After a while:
Me: "I think it's probably my favorite game...ever. o . O"

I realized it just at that moment.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I'd miss Geralt, It would be nice to see how
Ciri Lived after becoming a witcher
and going to new locations. But yeah there probably won't be another one for like 10 years maybe now since they're starting work finally on Cyberpunk 2077 which I'm excited for so I'm happy they're finally making it now. And yeah I'm not surprised by the way you talk about it that it's your favorite game! :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD