"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

Chapstick

It's 6P's hitbox. On certain characters & certain situations, 6P will whiff when it shouldn't. Probably would be best to use 4PK in that situation regardless because it's happening near the wall. 33K even, depending on how unsafe they are after the parry. More than likely, you would do 4PK since it's a BNB follow up for anything -8 or more (-13 with the 5 frames it takes to recover). You would get more potential damage than you would with 6P6K since it wall slams & don't give you enough height to follow up with a full combo other than 4PKK with 33P 2P. Unless you're good on execution with PKKK or PKK7K (which is really hard to time).
We're talking about 6K which I'm doing by accident after parries anyhow. The first two sentences still apply though just replace 6P with 6K.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
We're talking about 6K which I'm doing by accident after parries anyhow. The first two sentences still apply though just replace 6P with 6K.
Ah. I would have to go & check that one out again. I'm getting ready to leave.

I'm sure that 4PK still applies to it though, even though you're getting it by accident. 6K would launch with anything being -15 or more, but sometimes whiff in certain situations to which I don't understand, either. At 1st, I was thinking that it was a stance issue, but looked again one day, it just whiffs.

Allan Paris

@Chapstick

The hitbox on 6K is exactly where her knee is and does not extend out. Which is why it now whiffs after 236H+P because the hitbox was lowered on it after one of those patches the game received.

When it was lowered it prevents some characters from going completely under it or through her with mids and lows with no crush properties. The downside to that is, some of her juggles are screwed because of it. In 2u you use to be able to put characters in a sit-down stun and extend the stun with 6K beyond point blank range.

That video is showing the issues with 6K that have always been there since DOA4. In 2U and 3 the kick was fine. The hitbox that it use to have is now reduced to just her knee. So when you play against a character and their hurtbox shifts when they guard, stand neutral and it's evasive, or a situation where a space is calculated and dictated by the game. Kasumi will do just what she did in that video every time with 6K.

Try to slow down with your inputs so you don't get 6K after a parry. You can be counter poked if it whiffs.

Lulu

@Chapstick

The hitbox on 6K is exactly where her knee is and does not extend out. Which is why it now whiffs after 236H+P because the hitbox was lowered on it after one of those patches the game received.

When it was lowered it prevents some characters from going completely under it or through her with mids and lows with no crush properties. The downside to that is, some of her juggles are screwed because of it. In 2u you use to be able to put characters in a sit-down stun and extend the stun with 6K beyond point blank range.

That video is showing the issues with 6K that have always been there since DOA4. In 2U and 3 the kick was fine. The hitbox that it use to have is now reduced to just her knee. So when you play against a character and their hurtbox shifts when they guard, stand neutral and it's evasive, or a situation where a space is calculated and dictated by the game. Kasumi will do just what she did in that video every time with 6K.

Try to slow down with your inputs so you don't get 6K after a parry. You can be counter poked if it whiffs.

Are you saying that they changed the hit box on:6::K: so that her Hoshinpo Parry works like the Grapplers Advantage Throws (its a Force Guess Situation between blocking high, low or striking out of a throw) to get rid of or limit guarantees ?

Allan Paris

No, that hitbox is changed because they want it to look and function a certain way. The advantage she has as well as the spacing after a parry determines what she gets guaranteed. The opponent needs to be at -7 or -8 for her to get 6P guaranteed after her parry. Anything less, then yes, it becomes a guess between what you want to do and how your opponent responds to it. It is nothing like the Grappler's advantage throws when they are broken.

Lulu

Ooooooh.... thats interesting.....
I suppose it would suck if you landed a well timed Parry and didn't get something.

Chapstick

Finally got around to uploading this showing open space vs a wall. In open space she goes into the opponent with the move, against a wall the opponent acts like a wall blocking her from moving forward. Someone should tweet this video at Team Ninja or something, that's why they changed the launch height on 4KP isn't it?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Seriously, sometimes you really can just be like:

57117449.jpg

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Yeah, looked like it was possibly fuzzy. I mean, they're like 1 frame or whatever. But it could be anything online. If you were to grab there, it would have missed as well.

Chapstick

I wish they'd adjust her hoshinpo P hitbox to act like Phase's chifu P. The thing always whiffs when it looks like it shouldn't and idk what the point of the refloat they added in the PPPPP string is when the ender is too high to connect.

Allan Paris

Lol yeah they definitely ducked in that video. Look at her knees go down then up as 8K was done. That was not an intentional Fuzzy Guard either lol. That was how they were slow escaping on their d-pad. A Fuzzy Guard would not have look like that.

I guess for lighter characters in certain areas the string refloating does some good. Who knows with that buff. I stopped using since the ender became a high. Especially when they made it unsafe again. :confused:

UprisingJC

I barely use PPPPP or 3PPP when putting pressure on my opponent-_- The last follow-up is just terrible.
However, some people may just try to punish you with a throw after blocking PPPP/3PP. :p

Lulu

I barely use PPPPP or 3PPP when putting pressure on my opponent-_- The last follow-up is just terrible.
However, some people may just try to punish you with a throw after blocking PPPP/3PP. :p

Its that elbow.... I don't know if its just my imagination but the hit box on it feels abit Wonky....... its got good range but terrible reach.... if that makes sense.... its most noticeable during wall slams.

Edit: I'm getting weird Results trying to pull off Kasumi's Teleport Cross Up Combo..... you know..... the one where Kasumi manages to dash Underneath her Opponent and juggle them in the opposite direction. It seens like on Mid Weights its suppose to work if I launch them with the Flash Kick at Critical Level 2.... but Kasumi doesn't always successfully Dash Underneath the opponent and in some instances if she does manage to cross them up She punchs in the wrong Direction.

Could I get around this issue by upping it to Critical Level 3 instead ?

Last edited:

Lulu

Kasumi's Guard Breaks are interesting..... two of them have the Ability to put her into her Hoshinpo Stance..... doing so grants her a small advantage.

However that advantage only applies to whatever moves she can perform while still in that Stance.......

Guard Breaking into Hoshinpo Stance then doing nothing makes Kasumi deceptively unsafe......

It seems like only her Wall :7::P: grants her a genuine advantage for all her regular moves. One can get very Crafty with this knowledge in the Forest Stage with all those Trees.

Lulu

Basically all of Kasumi's GBs are fake, and she can be grabbed out of 66PP and 9PK into _6. It's really annoying. :(

WoW really ? :eek:
Do that many people already know those aren't advantageous guard breaks ?

I thought you could still use it as a Bluff. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD