Throws?

Bloodwolf

So I'm kinda new to the game and i main Kasumi. What are some set up that might create throw opportunities and which throws are best to use

Chapstick

Best throws

-6T (7 frame throw) is your main throw punishing throw for when people do something unsafe. You can also tick throw with this, for example PP 6T.
-46T (also 7 frames) grants you frame advantage
-33T is her highest damaging throw, mostly used when hold baiting because it's very slow at 17 frames IIRC
-236T (12 frame throw) launches your opponent for a juggle which can possibly hit the opponent into a dangerzone or off a cliff. In ceiling stages she gets extra damage and even a guaranteed powerblow. You can find some juggles from this in the combo thread.
-2T (5 frame unbreakable throw) is for throw punishing when an opponent does something unsafe that leaves them in crouching state, like Kasumi's 2H+K
-1T another launch throw, same deal as 236T but for crouching opponents. There are also juggles for this in the combo thread.

Throw opportunities

-I see some Kasumi players do one of her low trips like PP2K then 33T sometimes either expecting an attempted hold or expecting them to block afterwards.

-In my experience 80% of the time someone will try to mid P hold after 4H+K in stun because they don't want to get CB'd. I usually go for 236T from there but 33T will likely give you better damage. Keep in mind if you do this too much your opponent will catch on and stop holding (in which case you can just CB)

-46T, the throw that gives you frame advantage, can lead right into another 46T if your opponent decides to stand there anticipating a strike.

I hope this helped a little.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD