Tina combo thread

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
A cross up on -4, but hopefully you'll keep that here ;). While I don't expect you to lie if someone asks. But hopefully you won't just go blurting that out everywhere. You're not understanding me though. I didn't make it clear I think. I did a move with little recovery. Knocked opponent into lantern. Whiffed the K would sometimes limbo with P (regardless) of stance. Yeah in a open environment nothing in the way she will limbo in the same particular stance no matter what. What I found with objects is its random. Maybe you can find some consistency though?
I just cracked open the character, but I'll let you guys know what I find.

PacManila

You can use 66K to continue a stun after sending them into a breakable object, but like Koompbala said, it depends on the recovery of the move you used to knock them into the object. If it does land, I think landing one more stun puts them in critical state (can't quite remember exactly at the moment). It's unfortunate that they nerfed 66K in 5u since that used to sit-down on crouchers, low holds, and breakable object stuns.

RubinRoon

Yeah, 66k is what im going for after a breakable. Cant get KP consistently and its pretty unsafe if you mess up.

Got a question about 44T; I was desperately trying to find a "can`t block situation" with Tina that doest require a counterhit.

The thing about 44T is that you cant block Tinas P, but you can hold the follow up P, if you dont though, Tina gets a nice 27f deep stun on fastest SE. Low hold mashing will only get Tina`s opponent HiC thrown. Of course you can just high crush Tina`s P, but that`s the part where the nasty 3K deep stun or 3PP limbo stun comes in as a mix up.

A good set up of course would be 1k/SSK > 44T, everything on NH.

The whole point is that you can force your opponent to make a decision in a non counter hit situation. Do you guys think that thats viable?

Also her halloween outfit rocks.

Koompbala

Yeah, 66k is what im going for after a breakable. Cant get KP consistently and its pretty unsafe if you mess up.

Got a question about 44T; I was desperately trying to find a "can`t block situation" with Tina that doest require a counterhit.

The thing about 44T is that you cant block Tinas P, but you can hold the follow up P, if you dont though, Tina gets a nice 27f deep stun on fastest SE. Low hold mashing will only get Tina`s opponent HiC thrown. Of course you can just high crush Tina`s P, but that`s the part where the nasty 3K deep stun or 3PP limbo stun comes in as a mix up.

A good set up of course would be 1k/SSK > 44T, everything on NH.

The whole point is that you can force your opponent to make a decision in a non counter hit situation. Do you guys think that thats viable?

Also her halloween outfit rocks.

Yeah, that's true but It can be ducked remember it's a high.

PacManila

You can also backdash out of every possible follow-up after a 44T reset except for 6H+K, which will connects as they dash back. To me, it's a little risky since her 6H+K was made unsafe in 5U, so be careful using 44T for this purpose.

Koompbala

You can also backdash out of every possible follow-up after a 44T reset except for 6H+K, which will connects as they dash back. To me, it's a little risky since her 6H+K was made unsafe in 5U, so be careful using 44T for this purpose.
That too which is the same issue with her 46H hold.

PacManila

Yea unfortunately, Tina doesn't really have any fancy resets.

Thanks to a member who posted about it in another Tina thread, I've been using her 6PPP to ground throw in juggles as an option select. If they tech, you're at neutral and can threaten with (3)P, which can crush highs since you're starting from crouch due to whiffed ground throw. If they don't tech, you get free damage, which combined with stun to launch damage, add up to near a minimum of 100 damage. This option select is riskier on quick characters like Christie or Kasumi since thei'r 11f mid will crush her (3)P.

You can also go for an unholdable 8K if they do tech and they were launched with H+K or launched early with 33K or 33P.

RubinRoon

Ah, the back dash option kills it for me, since if your odds are worse than a coin toss, then it is not really worth it most of the time, but i had some success using it on opponents who love to block.
Still gonna use it sparingly I think since the throw animation executes so quickly and most people are confused you didnt finish it, plus it serves the purpose of a "cant block" situation, even if it does so rather poorly.

You would think a grappler deserves a damaging frame adv throw a la hitomi, bass, mila or an OH like marie`s or rachel`s.

Everything you do with Tina seems so risky :/

Btw are you punishable if they dont tech and 8k whiffs?

PacManila

Btw are you punishable if they dont tech and 8k whiffs?

I wanna say the most you'll get hit by is a wake-up kick, but I'd have to look first. Basically, this set-up is good if your opponent likes to quick tech or respect her option select from 6PPP juggle to ground throw.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD