Tina's best moves

PacManila

When do you guys do 8P? I do it as soon as I recover from hitting 7K. The "advantage" from whiff is actually 0, but because the opponent is still in recovery frames when they tech, you can still safely apply pressure. If they decide not to tech, 8P will hit them as soon as they touch the ground.

Doa_Eater

When do you guys do 8P? I do it as soon as I recover from hitting 7K. The "advantage" from whiff is actually 0, but because the opponent is still in recovery frames when they tech, you can still safely apply pressure. If they decide not to tech, 8P will hit them as soon as they touch the ground.

Got the zero!

Doa_Eater

@Eater - I think I love the :2::P+K: more than you do! :p I condition my opponents with this. They will take some :K: followups (and dat FT after) and then start blocking/holding and that's when the J.O.C comes out of the roll, shattering all their hopes and dreams >:D

Well use this for creativity ascetics, had it mind for two weeks just now though of posting it.

Credit to that JPN player and saw it from killy.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Ultimate revamp Tina time

:8::P: The defacto Tina ultimate move, might or might not be the best, you can live or you can die without it. But this move is the alpha and omega.
:6::6::K: Ok for safety reasons i'll list the shoulder block next but this is imo this is also a good bait/snare move that originally it is -7 but on range it goes to -4. Very good combo starter that will probably give u a hi counter hit.
:4::6::P: Same as above and mentioned previously, a great frame trap that can go to +5 on block
:1::K: Best crusher, sidestep, tracking, lots of psuedo advantage, not often teched.
:9::P::K: Already mentioned above a great string launcher that in max stun threshold eliminates the need for a cb.
:4::K: My all time favorite, love the animation and the back turned options.
:6::K: Still good, doesn't build stun.
:7::K: In vanila i didn't played this move at all. But after getting a bit of an interest from the combo challenge and the supposed guarantee throw this might be her best single hit move. +9 on guard, good damage, has close hit, can be used in strings, is evaded on holds and has a psuedo tech with :8::P: that puts her in +19 or :1::P: (a bit sketchy timing) +24
:6::6::P::P: With the new bound, the new ground game and the mix ups that this natural combo offers, it is a pure ecstasy. Great on wall bounce also if u know your hit enders
:2::P+K: Yes the roll. Good for baiting holds, on heavy stun threshold the punch gives a massive bounce that works as a launch juggle and with the new air throw it gives plus 5 damage with the :6::P::P::6::K: (no heavyweights) The scissor kick has a guard break with the roll. Funfact lol!

Ok that's 10 i think.
Would you or anyone else mind expounding upon 8P? As crazy as it sounds I have never really incorporated it into my repertoire (and have done pretty well without it). I know I must be missing out but have never gotten around to playing with it what with mastering MDT/TD and tinas many other throws (which has been my focus up till now).

Hikari-Senca

Got the zero!

Old topic, I know, but does this have JF timing or something? I've been mashing 8P like crazy but I can never get the +0 and if I wait, I'm even more unsafe after the whiff.

PacManila

Old topic, I know, but does this have JF timing or something? I've been mashing 8P like crazy but I can never get the +0 and if I wait, I'm even more unsafe after the whiff.

I do it right after she recovers. I wouldn't mash it though since she gets up a little slow from 7K so 8P might not register.

Hikari-Senca

Thanks for the response! Hmm, I assume you mean after she recovers while in crouching to 8P and not when she's standing, correct? Also, is this only possible on human opponents and tech-specific? It seems the CPU is always teching before I can get +0 and the closest I've gotten is -3 if they back tech. Ugh, my timing is horrible.

PacManila

Yea, when she basically gets off the ground and standing after landing the 7K. It works on both human opponents and cpu's. I explained the use behind it on the first post on this page. Just keep practicing it and pay attention to when she gets up and able to pull off a move. You'll get it.

Doa_Eater

I'm not really familiar with just frames, can the ground throws work like that? To be more specific a ground throw to be guarantee from a non wall 66T with a quick down forward 2T dash?

Koompbala

I'm not really familiar with just frames, can the ground throws work like that? To be more specific a ground throw to be guarantee from a non wall 66T with a quick down forward 2T dash?

No I did a whole write up on ground throws everyone's seems to be 7i so this goes for all with them not just Tina. I suggest you read my write up about it.

Reasons why the 8P 2T does not work. Ground grabs are 7i. At 0 frames the oponent begins the teching process. So the opponent is official not grounded anymore. That being said when you do 8P you can't be at +8 you gotta be at +9. +9 is the bare minimun anything lower the 8P 2T will not combo. If you got recovery on then you launch and don't do anything. If you look at your advantage if your at +23 that and above will give you 8P 2T as a combo. At +22 there would be times that I would get +9 off 8P and others where I would get +8. For example on NH I did 3PP 33K and I would have +22. Well on Fu I would do 8P after 33K I get +9 but on Helena I use that same setup +8.

66T gives her +10 so basically what your asking is. Can she get to the opponent in open space by 1 frame and ground grab which that aint happening. The short answer is you need +9 and above WITH RECOVERY ON and then your good with all characters who got ground throws.

AkaShocka

I found a way to get the combo: :9::K: - :6::P::P::6::K: - giant swing (this works after burst on lightweights) on mid weights! This will not work after critical burst though. Open or closed stance :K::P: - :8::P: - :3::3::P: - :6::P::P::6::K: - giant swing. This will work on the foe's back, it can work in open or closed stance, does not matter if KP causes limbo stun or not, this will work on midweights. Tested on Ryu, Christie and Akira. :)

Doa_Eater

I found a way to get the combo: :9::K: - :6::P::P::6::K: - giant swing (this works after burst on lightweights) on mid weights! This will not work after critical burst though. Open or closed stance :K::P: - :8::P: - :3::3::P: - :6::P::P::6::K: - giant swing. This will work on the foe's back, it can work in open or closed stance, does not matter if KP causes limbo stun or not, this will work on midweights. Tested on Ryu, Christie and Akira. :)

Lol isnt that the set up u are telling me that i use too much? Just saying!

PacManila

A move I've been using a lot lately is her BT :K:. It gives an unholdable stumble stun (I think that's what it's called) that can give you a few options. You can follow with :6::H+K: and go into her :3_::P: pseudo FT. This can be only escaped at the fastest SE (which is still quite difficult in this case for the opponent). If you feel your opponent is really good at SE'ing, you can go for the frame trap with :4::6::P:. From the distance given by BT :K:, you'll get +3 on block (and sometimes even +4). You can also choose delay your :4::6::P: if you want to put them in the frame trap as they are about to recover from the stun (if they choose to block of course).

Doa_Eater

I've been using 66K when opponents are near wall and at full threshold and sometimes on the ring stages they dont bounce normal but they do the gimmicky powerblow push back. Pretty rare and random, has happened to me on the primal low level at the tree with the snake.

EDog21

Hey I was wondering is it still possible to do the pl taunt combo on alpha? I can do other throws but can't hit giant swing. Its like alpha is just slightly too low or recovery on a move is too long or something.

xLeilax

Definitely going to try this when i'm next back home. Tina's giant swing drives me nuts! I always miss it when fighting different weight classes or using the wrong combo. I usually end my juggles with 8p i think, then a ground throw, not sure if it is guaranteed though but it usually works.

TRI Mike

They lost good properties from the first version of the game. The only thing she has is great damage output and some positive GB...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD