DOA5U Tina's enviromental follow ups

Doa_Eater

Ok, I’m gonna make a topic about my favorite DOA machanics, enviromental follow ups or aka danger zones. And to share and discuss what are Tina’s best opttions from them.

Basic brakables:Chairs,home walls, iceberg, those wooden lanterns, pillars and stuff like that

:6: :K:+:h: basic stuff with a ground throw finish

Up close :8::P: :3::3::K: with a giant swing air throw

:K::P: now this is a bit trick and depending of the distance between and wheter she’s in open stance u get a guarantee :9::K: and then follow up with what u want, depending on the stage. The kick needs to wiff of course.

Now stage specific

Scramble

Hi tier generator :6::6::P::P::K:

Low tier powerblow aiming for the coming flying car, after it :6::6::P+K: ikuzo will send the opponent to the next car if the danger zone was not previously activated.

Tiger show

Ring of fire tiger maul: :6::P::P::6::K: :4::H+P: just freely walk a bit forward after the tiger attacks for it or Tina will wiff, works till heavy, for them the standard :6::6::P::P::K:

Hotzone

Sending opponents through the sandbag barrier: full delay :3::3::K: :4::H+P: this will activate the tank breach for a :6::6::P::P::K:

Another for variety i like is the delayed punch, it doesnt knockdown and u can do what u want after it.

And since the x door is unique blow and techable, a crouch drashing :3_::P::P:

Anyone has something extra to share?

And a question about the mentioned low tier car on scramble where the crane falls from the top , is it possible to do :6::6::P::P::K: ? I’m wiffing every time. Sure miss the :6::H+K: guarantee ground throw here.

And here's a great combo video by Dr.Snipe showing what Tina is capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:

AkaShocka

These are really good.

On scramble low tier after the powerblow to the flying car, you can use :6::6::P::P::K: or :236::P: (got to run up to do these).

Hot zone; (RPG) after they are hit with the RPG you can use :6::6::P::+::K: or :236::P:. When the :6::6::P::+::K: hits them at the wall and they dont tech, free ground throw.

EDIT: I'll just say this for normal combos. (All with a :9::K: launch after critical burst)
We all know that Tina can get :6::P::P::6::K: air throw on all weights but I have other combos for weight specific.

Lightweights: :9::P::K: - :3::3::K::P: or :6::P::P::6::K: - giant swing.

Midweights: :6::P::P::6::K: - :3::3::K::P:
If a mid weight is launched with her taunt launcher, then they can be juggled with the combos a lightweight can be juggled with)

Heavyweights: :6::P::P::6::K: air throw.

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

Good ones Aka, i will practice them. I totally love Tina for this stuff. Like powerlaucher in enter the dragon, knee launcher after ceiling hit and giant swing him through the window down at the Sakura. Stuff like that happens.

AkaShocka

Oh also another:

Ice Stage - (third tier, max threshold, no critical burst yet) :9::K: - :6::P::P::6::K: - :P::P::K: - ice berg - :3::K::P: - :6::P::+::K: - powerblow off cliff for more damage.

Doa_Eater

The ice stage has 3 tiers? I though it was 2, it has the same sandbag barricade blow setting on the 2nd tier (i think it's low tier) but i dont like it since the back throw doesnt force the opponent to fall after the ground ice breaks.

AkaShocka

the ice stage has 3 tiers. 2 normal tiers with breakable ice and one with a big ice berg kind of like hot zone's sand bag barricade. You might get more damage on the ice stage because after the ice berg you can powerblow them off of the cliff for more damage.

Doa_Eater

Yeah all that ice looks the same to me, Tina players should hate that stage, but not more then they should hate her ring. That Fighting entertainment stage should be teared down and in it's place build a parking lot or something.

PacManila

Good work on these all. I'll try these out in lab.

I personally don't like ending combos with :6::6::P::P::K:. You're actually left at disadvantage if they tech (can't remember the exact frames at the moment). Hitting them with it on a wall is fine but as an ender in the open I just settle for :6::6::P::P::P: unless the former will end the round.

It's a shame she doesn't have combos that put them in some sort of force tech opportunity. Because of the ground game changes, it's hard to consistently tech people who just want to stay grounded unless you hit them with :6::H+K: :/

Doa_Eater

Good work on these all. I'll try these out in lab.

Hitting them with it on a wall is fine but as an ender in the open I just settle for :6::6::P::P::P: unless the former will end the round.
Actually that's really a better smarter investment finish considering how much advantage numbers are important to her.

And man Aka i cant pull out 66ppk of the scramble car for the life of me, the timing to when Tina is able to move is really strict. And these are the same explosion launcher animations like in the second wall splat in the circus stage(clowns version) where the game just fixes u on the position

phoenix1985gr

In scramble (top floor) if you activate the danger zone with the explosive wall for the first time if you manag to carry them to the wall they ll be hit by a fallig object and you can continue the combo (dont know if she can wall carry that much though, the only character i ve seen do it is ayane with 66kk4, 4p-k, than into 4p+k launcher)

Koompbala

Anyone has something extra to share?

It seems some vanilla combos work and some do not. Her vanilla setups from 46H seem to still work. I lost my converter so I been avoiding training and I'm also waiting on arcade to come out to really dig deep into Tina tech. Another thing to note I can't play my 360 right now its complicated. It appears her new 4T air throw is a new substitute to the 8P 2T after 6PP6K. I believe the new air throw does same dmg no matter what as 8P 2T now. That being said you can do

46H against invisible wall
6PPK, 8P 2T works on Fu and below I believe. That also means you can use her 4T but then she will lose that wall pressure and give the wall pressure to her opponent.

46H against wall
6PPP+K, 66PPK is the strongest I found.

ON CH and I mean the string not hold on CH. You get 6PPP+K, 8P 2T which does the same dmg as the one above but leaves you in a better situation. The reason being is advantage 66PPK leaves her negative while her ground throws do not.

My converters came in the mail so I am more willing to research my findings but as I said I cannot do anything about it at this time. Maybe sometime tomorrow.

I personally don't like ending combos with :6::6::P::P::K:. You're actually left at disadvantage if they tech (can't remember the exact frames at the moment). Hitting them with it on a wall is fine but as an ender in the open I just settle for :6::6::P::P::P: unless the former will end the round.

Same not many realize this so sometimes I finish the string and other times I end up doing 6PPP. I cant remember what does more dmg 6PPP or 66PPP? Can't test it now or else I would do it myself.

In scramble (top floor) if you activate the danger zone with the explosive wall for the first time if you manag to carry them to the wall they ll be hit by a fallig object and you can continue the combo (dont know if she can wall carry that much though, the only character i ve seen do it is ayane with 66kk4, 4p-k, than into 4p+k launcher)

In vanilla haven't bothered with U yet but in vanilla there wasn't a damn thing that worked. I even tried moving in different angles nothing. her ability to carry seems to have not changed one bit. So its looking like U won't be any different.

Koompbala

46H against invisible wall
6PPK, 8P 2T works on Fu and below I believe. That also means you can use her 4T but then she will lose that wall pressure and give the wall pressure to her opponent.

So I have answers now and Tina tech. The 8P 2T seems to work on Pai and lighter. Which means for everyone heavier you gotta go with her basic air throw or 6PPP.

Edit: Ha need to edit my edit anyway forgot to point out 6PPP has a chance of whiffing in open space. So you're left to do her 5T air throw.

Reasons why the 8P 2T does not work. Ground grabs are 7i. At 0 frames the oponent begins the teching process. So the opponent is official not grounded anymore. That being said when you do 8P you can't be at +8 you gotta be at +9. +9 is the bare minimun anything lower the 8P 2T will not combo. If you got recovery on then you launch and don't do anything. If you look at your advantage if your at +23 that and above will give you 8P 2T as a combo. At +22 there would be times that I would get +9 off 8P and others where I would get +8. For example on NH I did 3PP 33K and I would have +22. Well on Fu I would do 8P after 33K I get +9 but on Helena I use that same setup +8. On midweights when I get the hold do 6PPK Im at +22 I do 8P only get +8 on Pai and fang Im still at +22 and get +9 off 8P. Im missing the old 8P

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

Nope, biggest pushes are :4::6::P: and :236::P: and :6::6::P+K: is too slow but even if it hit it would probably wont work do to the recovery. But now that u mentioned it the top unbreakable barricade of haunted lourelai guarantees a pumpkin fall after a wall splat and every character can continue a combo.

Also off the tigers another combo works till middleweight :9::P::K: into normal air throw.

Koompbala

Holy crap Tina has a FT like an actual real one. On Hot Zone after you PB the opponent into the heli you move forward a bit and do 2P+KP the elbow will FT and it gives +18, Her 2P+KK can also FT but for that you need to move up as in the direction of "8" a bit after hitting the PB then do roll K for a +10 FT. I tested this with both recovery on first and then off to make sure its not pseudo. Both of these are actual FT's

Doa_Eater

Holy crap Tina has a FT like an actual real one. On Hot Zone after you PB the opponent into the heli you move forward a bit and do 2P+KP the elbow will FT and it gives +18, Her 2P+KK can also FT but for that you need to move up as in the direction of "8" a bit after hitting the PB then do roll K for a +10 FT. I tested this with both recovery on first and then off to make sure its not pseudo. Both of these are actual FT's

Very nice, i tried it on the previously above mentioned blow up spots but only the poweblow in the helicopter works. Not much but i'll take it.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I have one on flow but I'm not sure if it's been done yet. I'm searching but no videos come up.

I tend not to repeat other people's combos if it exists I can drop mine.

Doa_Eater

I have one on flow but I'm not sure if it's been done yet. I'm searching but no videos come up.

I tend not to repeat other people's combos if it exists I can drop mine.

No, i dont think anything has came up with the flow stage and let me just say that your combo video with Tina was really superb, both useful combo set ups and some really wok of art situations. Well done!

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Thanks. The first Bayman combo if you can nail a 2P at the end it's technically a kill. I've done all stages. And found that for some reason the game does not let you get a wall splat even if you're in position. It's a weird bug that needs to be addressed

Doa_Eater

I hope u dont mind i took the liberty of editing the video on the first post here, we can use is a further discussion guidance.

And found that for some reason the game does not let you get a wall splat even if you're in position. It's a weird bug that needs to be addressed

Could u elaborate a bit more on this, do u mean something like 2:17?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I hope u dont mind i took the liberty of editing the video on the first post here, we can use is a further discussion guidance.

Could u elaborate a bit more on this, do u mean something like 2:17?

Yes, it's supposed to trigger the train event but he was off center so I got denied. meanwhile if you hit an opponent near a wall they go flying into it when you didn't want to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD