"Toning down blah blah" Let's talk about the EVO event...

ALL CAPS CROW

Standard Donor
Since not every tournament will have all the DLC, I think you should limit to just alternate colors of regular costume.

I understand why they have to make that request, I get it.

But putting platform rules aside, I simply don't see any issue with those costumes in a tournament setting.
It's already an M rated game, played by adults, watched by viewers that likely play other fighting games which contain similarly ridiculous fanservicey costumes.
View attachment 27769

I understand that some people are more sensitive about this kind of thing, but I've noticed that people are selectively sensitive about this kind of thing.

Very few tournaments used bandages Mileena because she was an unlockable for kompleting the challenges. Hell, some tournaments didn't even have Quan Chi unlocked

Providence

Very few tournaments used bandages Mileena because she was an unlockable for kompleting the challenges. Hell, some tournaments didn't even have Quan Chi unlocked
That's a more understandable reason to not be able to use a costume though, every other reason is just kind of silly.

Even my desire to have Santa suits banned is silly.

YEH

67e.gif

RJTM1991

Standard Donor
Shimbori and Team Ninja are trying to please everyone.

One one hand, they have to keep their anti-PC Japanese fans happy, and on the other have to avoid mass media panning in the West. I can give their PR talk a pass.

Xhominid The Demon Within

"Core Values" being discussed in Cross Counter's "Untitled Esports Show".

This honestly feels so cringe and it's seriously obvious that they don't even know anything nor tried to know anything about DOA. They also say nothing either that isn't public knowledge or even obvious to any fan of DOA(Yeah this sucks for the players who cared for the mechanics of DOA as KT did this) and all I'm looking for is "Where the fuck is someone who actually has knowledge come in and shut them up?"

It doesn't help that they are being so passive-aggressive about the series because if they don't know it, no one knows it apparently(Which is just retarded on so many levels) and it's not really treated in the jokey manner they make it.

It's sad to say when even the podcasts of EventScrubs can better handle themselves than these fools(As they actually bothered to know what the hell they was talking about and has someone who legit plays DOA to some extent).
That was a waste of a good 20-30 minutes @d3v and thus you get this:

It honestly felt like something from GameFAQs as they didn't mention ONE GODDAMNED THING about the move itself(the powerbomb) or the free camera can be abused in such a way in any game(something Snake Eyes and a Tekken player pointed out on Twitter) or even tried to point out the hypocrisy in any fashion, it was just either "lol who cares about DOA" or "I feel that EVO was in a bad situation and KT must have not told them" when it's fucking obvious they did or they wouldn't have been able to do it at all.
Even the sole good points they make fall into deaf ears because they are just so ignorant of the franchise and don't even bother to look it up.

Rant over.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
This honestly feels so cringe and it's seriously obvious that they don't even know anything nor tried to know anything about DOA. They also say nothing either that isn't public knowledge or even obvious to any fan of DOA(Yeah this sucks for the players who cared for the mechanics of DOA as KT did this) and all I'm looking for is "Where the fuck is someone who actually has knowledge come in and shut them up?"

It doesn't help that they are being so passive-aggressive about the series because if they don't know it, no one knows it apparently(Which is just retarded on so many levels) and it's not really treated in the jokey manner they make it.

It's sad to say when even the podcasts of EventScrubs can better handle themselves than these fools(As they actually bothered to know what the hell they was talking about and has someone who legit plays DOA to some extent).
That was a waste of a good 20-30 minutes @d3v and thus you get this:

It honestly felt like something from GameFAQs as they didn't mention ONE GODDAMNED THING about the move itself(the powerbomb) or the free camera can be abused in such a way in any game(something Snake Eyes and a Tekken player pointed out on Twitter) or even tried to point out the hypocrisy in any fashion, it was just either "lol who cares about DOA" or "I feel that EVO was in a bad situation and KT must have not told them" when it's fucking obvious they did or they wouldn't have been able to do it at all.
Even the sole good points they make fall into deaf ears because they are just so ignorant of the franchise and don't even bother to look it up.

Rant over.

Yeah, the stream was a waste of my time. I don't see why I should listen to those dopes with regards to DOA. (And yes I know who Gootecks is).

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yeah, the stream was a waste of my time. I don't see why I should listen to those dopes with regards to DOA. (And yes I know who Gootecks is).

I should have known it would be complete shit as it was obvious Mike Ross was carrying his ass through their whole shebang.
And not only that, they are desperately trying so hard to match Marvel Live AND the Podcast Hotpockets either used to do or does sparingly as of recently and even THEY actually bother to research the games they talk about.

Hell, I could live with the fact that they don't know DOA, that's absolutely fine and I have no issues with that sort of thing... but to display so much flagrant bullshit and not giving a fuck about even trying for obvious info just pisses me off.
It's not even hard to find, Snake Eyes has a Twitter and it was only a week ago, you can look for so much info just with Core Values as a hashtag, actually point out that Free Camera and Power Bombs or any wrestling moves have and can be abused to such a state in any 3D game(Soul Calibur and Tekken are just as much used as DOA is when it comes to Ryona content for that exact reason), most people didn't have any problems with the stream and some even said they had fun since EVO Japan was pretty boring during the 1st day, etc.

Again, when even Eventscrubs actually freaking BOTHERS for their podcasts and one of the writers explicitly plays DOA actually gives it a fairer shake than you, you fucked up. Again, they did point some things out, say some positives but R/Kappa did that within the first few HOURS. I mean wow, I should have known better than to expect anything but failure when I only recognized Gootecks.

EDIT: Sorry for editing again but seriously, I just watched this earlier today and he did a better job with this than they ever could despite it being a complete Take That and having fun with the meme:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD