Tougeki Combo Exhibition!

PhoenixVFIRE

You can see the new Snow Stage and some broken down temple stage that's flooded and has boulders!

"We're still tuning the game for our exhibition at Tougeki 2012 (a.k.a. Super Battle Opera), but we put together a video of juggles so the fighters can start to visualize their strategies. Check out juggles from Kokoro, Kasumi, Jann Lee, Akira, Leifang and Rig!

I just picked the game up and started playing, so I'm sure you'll see some weird move choices and sudden stage changes. Try not to pay too much attention to those parts. :) If you like this video, then we'll see about making some more.

We're actually right in the middle of tuning juggles, so damage is still all over the place. But it's a pretty accurate representation of how juggles will flow. Checking things like this, I think about things like Leifang doesn't do enough damage. I won't tell you the combo recipe here, but I left on the icons as a hint.

You can normally hold during Critical and slow escapes still work, but DOA5 also has more guaranteed moves. When you get your opponent in a sit-down stun or with their back turned, that's your chance for a huge combo. And if you can flow into a Critical Burst, you have even more options for combos. I think these features will really help set DOA5 apart.

I also slipped in an unannounced stage... I hope the people here are OK with that. And even if not, it's too late anyway... :p"

Saw that. Probably the most stand-out thing I could see there was Jann's Dragon Stance transition from his wall 6F+P. A possible reference to the wall resets ala DOA2??

ScattereDreams

Kasumi and Jann Lee have some nice guaranteed BNB's. I wonder will Kokoro's new 236f+p follow ups will be guaranteed. Double sit down stuns are going to be so dirty in DOA5 lol.

R4712-VR88

Kokoro, Jann Lee, Lei-Fang and Rig all have excellent damage. But Kasumi and Akira are struggling for damage. For Kasumi to be a very fast yet unsafe character, having weak damage is really off putting. :<

Hopefully they can adjust this alittle, or when the game hits we'll find better damage with her elsewhere.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Looks genuinely good. Like even better than I had hoped. Bums me out just a tad that my character is now more grapple-heavy but it should still be fun to mess with. Seems to me that, for Hayabusa anyway, baiting out the wrong hold to punish and push the stun threshold is kind of moot when I can just go for a hi-counter Izuna. Like I said, though, still will be fun to learn some showy shit.

Doug Nguyen

That was awesome. Kasumi had some really nice combos. Those teleports seem to be really useful for juggling. And did anyone notice that changed her parry teleport input to 4-7 H and 4-1 H (Sorry i dont even know if im writing those right, first time). They kinda turned them into expert holds. And Phoenix who are you quoting?

R4712-VR88

That was awesome. Kasumi had some really nice combos. Those teleports seem to be really useful for juggling. And did anyone notice that changed her parry teleport input to 4-7 H and 4-1 H (Sorry i dont even know if im writing those right, first time). They kinda turned them into expert holds. And Phoenix who are you quoting?

Phoenix is quoting the description from the actual YouTube URL.

Really? I thought Lei Fang's damage output was about the same as Kasumi's

Probably. I didn't pay too awful attention to the damage. I just noticed other characters doing way more than what Kasumi was doing. Though I guess it also had to do with some damage coming from the environment for the other characters.

Doug Nguyen

Really? I thought Lei Fang's damage output was about the same as Kasumi's
Well her first two combos seemed kinda weak, but that might have just been the player and not lei fang. Rig seems to do damage real easily. His kicks are so fast and are good for juggling and his air grab has a good hit box.

"You can normally hold during Critical and slow escapes still work, but DOA5 also has more guaranteed moves"
That great to here!! Thank you, we need more guaranteed moves.

PhoenixVFIRE

I kinda agree with Lei Fang not doing enough damage. It almost seems like with her kind of damage output at the moment, after a Critical Burst to just go for a PB, because that was the only combo that did any good damage in the exhibition. Kasumi's last combo did a lot. I think they were just showing some mediocre combos first then going for a big one. Rig's combos are really flashy and do a lot of damage, that's good. Also, isn't Akira not much of a juggler? I mean he can, but a lot of his damage will come from pokes and solid hits rather than juggles, am I right?

Also it looks like Tina has a stance(sorta Lisa-esq)? She starts out in it, but after getting beaten up she goes back into her normal standing stance. o_O

R4712-VR88

Also it looks like Tina has a stance(sorta Lisa-esq)? She starts out in it, but after getting beaten up she goes back into her normal standing stance. :confused:

I saw that too. I think alot of the characters could use a new fighting stance. Any of the characters still using the same fighting stance since DOA2 needs a new one.

Shinigamimatt

You already main her correct? Or do you mean play with her lol?

But yea, this is my redemption trailer from that lack luster Bikini video...^_-

This is what I been wanting to see, now I'll like to see the rest of the cast.

Great job Team Ninja.
Yup, already main her. But this video cemented it. Dat 11 hit combo!!!

Actually, I noticed he could have gotten a 12 hit combo. XD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD