Ultimate

ILYA✰

Just thought that by showing interest in that title could someday lead to remake/hd edition :))

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So did any of you guys buy the PSN release of DOA2:Hardcore?

I want to know why Xbox didn't get it. I know that the original release was PS2 exclusive, but does that mean that no future ports can ever be made for non-Sony consoles?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I want to know why Xbox didn't get it. I know that the original release was PS2 exclusive, but does that mean that no future ports can ever be made for non-Sony consoles?

Xbox has DOA2U.

It's easier to release an existing title in the library (i.e. the ISO) then rework it into an Xbox 360 title.

Still waiting for them to release DOA3.1/3.2 on XBL GOD.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Xbox has DOA2U.

It's easier to release an existing title in the library (i.e. the ISO) then rework it into an Xbox 360 title.

True. Damn. Why couldn't they release 2U on XBL when PSN got 2HC? Oh well. DOA5 is just over two weeks away.

Don't hold your breath, though. Also, is 3.0 that much worse? I'm really not familiar with DOA3.

ILYA✰

Xbox has DOA2U.

Omg DoA2U was sooo fun!
And all those costumes GOD :D
If DoA 3 gets re-released in any form I'll buy an Xbox!

True. Damn. Why couldn't they release 2U on XBL when PSN got 2HC? Oh well. DOA5 is just over two weeks away.

Hmm that would be an interesting move.. Though I'm not so familiar with 360... Did it emulate Xbox titles well or not?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hmm that would be an interesting move.. Though I'm not so familiar with 360... Did it emulate Xbox titles well or not?

Some games yes, others no. I'm not sure if DOAU is even backwards compatible on 360 anyway. I still have an original Xbox to play it on.

Ooobe

If I remember correctly, backwards compatability is a software solution, so if for example they wrote an emulator for a vanilla engine or middleware, all titles on that platform would become bc.
DOAX was built on a unique engine <prototype for DOA4 I think> and no other title was magically compatible. T-T

DOA 3 (no version specified) IS bc with a caveat for PAL version (wiki quote):
PAL version is reported to have severe framerate dips, especially on multi-tiered arenas and full motion videos. Game may also crash after a double KO.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
If I remember correctly, backwards compatability is a software solution, so if for example they wrote an emulator for a vanilla engine or middleware, all titles on that platform would become bc.
DOAX was built on a unique engine <prototype for DOA4 I think> and no other title was magically compatible. T-T

Hmm. I see.

DOA 3 (no version specified) IS bc with a caveat for PAL version (wiki quote):
PAL version is reported to have severe framerate dips, especially on multi-tiered arenas and full motion videos. Game may also crash after a double KO.

Weird.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I hate DOA2HC. I have that for ps2 and DOA2 LE for DC. If I cared to go back I would stick with the DC version.

xOmniCloudx

I hate DOA2HC. I have that for ps2 and DOA2 LE for DC. If I cared to go back I would stick with the DC version.
Why? The PS2 version was superior to every DC release.

All I would need is DOA3.1 upscaled in HD, at least decent online and for them to give us all the costumes and we're good. DOA3 doesn't need the ultimate treatment given the reasons why DOA2 got in the first place. DOA1U (which really didn't even deserve the name as it nothing was really changed and it was the inferior Saturn port) was just a bonus and another way to encourage people to buy the update for DOA2 since it came packaged with it and most people never played the original in any form so curiosity factor.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD