Ultimate

Nightpup

I hate 3 point. It makes the game feel too easy. Imagine hownmuch easier DOA4 Alpha would of beem if it was three poiny?

DOA4 Alpha was easy in general. Her AI was made to never get hit, so she held 99% of the time you hit her. All you had to do was throw her, she teleports. She approaches, you hold/You use a running attack, she gets hit.
Personally, I have nothing against 3 point; it's how DOA was for a long time. I very much prefer 4 point though.

onelasttime

DOA4 Alpha was easy in general. Her AI was made to never get hit, so she held 99% of the time you hit her. All you had to do was throw her, she teleports. She approaches, you hold/You use a running attack, she gets hit.
Personally, I have nothing against 3 point; it's how DOA was for a long time. I very much prefer 4 point though.
3 point is the only reason I didn't buy DOA:D

Nightpup

Oh well, no sense trying to convince you otherwise, I guess. DOA5 will most likely blow DOAD out of the water anyway.

Nightpup

How different is DOAD from DOA4? I don't see much difference when watching videos
Some stuns were switched around, holds did less damage, holds had longer recovery time,
a few new moves were given to some characters(Lisa's :1::P::P:, Hayate's :426::F+P::Link::4::4::F+P::Link::4::6::6::F+P: and Kasumi's :2::K::K: come to mind),
the universal Offensive Hold command was changed from :236::F+P: to :6::6::F+P:,
tier falls could kill(not slope/staircase rolls though),
and a few balancing tidbits here and there were made.
Oh, and all the bosses from every DOA + Shiden were playable.

onelasttime

Some stuns were switched around, holds did less damage, holds had longer recovery time,
a few new moves were given to some characters(Lisa's :1::P::P:, Hayate's :426::F+P::Link::4::4::F+P::Link::4::6::6::F+P: and Kasumi's :2::K::K: come to mind),
the universal Offensive Hold command was changed from :236::F+P: to :6::6::F+P:,
tier falls could kill(not slope/staircase rolls though),
and a few balancing tidbits here and there were made.
Oh, and all the bosses from every DOA + Shiden were playable.
How does Shiden play?

Nightpup

But can't you just touch-screen Raijin?
You can, but there's no sense in doing that since it takes too long to navigate the list, find the throw and then use it. you're better off just getting the first two parts or using another throw altogether.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
4-point hold would be too much nerfing for DOA3's hold system. You already practically got crap damage and attacks that would destroy a whiffed hold. On top of that, you'd want it so that you had to guess which launcher was coming as well?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'd still play 3.1 even with 4-point hold. I mean, guessing between Bass :3::3::P: and :8::K: won't really make a difference because you're still going to lose half-life anyway.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD