Version 1.03: RIP Alpha

Paradise

Cant wait for the patch to drop on XBL. Dat high counter burst damage. Prepare yourselves, hold spammers! THE END IS NIGH.
tumblr_mayre2Gm1Z1qzav42o1_250.gif

synce

Cant wait for the patch to drop on XBL. Dat high counter burst damage. Prepare yourselves, hold spammers! THE END IS NIGH.

It's awesome but you'll rarely get to use it because all the declined fights. The change to ranked mode is Alpha's biggest nerf lol

Edit: Oooh, looky here:
http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0212.html

Version 1.03A doesn't display your name or character, although it still displays results... An improvement at least :)

ErickBello

Oh Btw, Alpha has a GB that leaves her at +8

and: H+K, PPK, 6PPPK: standardized hit reactions to faint stagger.

synce

Man the hits keep on coming for Alpha... In 1.04 tag some characters can get 200+ fully guaranteed. 1.02 Alpha required one guess to get that kind of damage, now she requires like 3-4. From god tier to trash just like that lol

Edit:
@ErickBello
Yeah she had the new 66P in 1.03 too, had to find out the hard way because they forgot to make a note of it >_> Basically it now has the exact same properties as 6KP always had.

ErickBello

So Now that I unlocked Alpha, I'll finish her Frame Data, I'll post the document here and then I'll pass it to the wiki.

Nightpup

Alpha sucks now ffs. This patch feels too weird to play. I honestly wish we had never gotten it. It just feels too weird. I don't like it.

ErickBello

The frame data for Alpha 152 is almost done.
I discovered a few things: Truly she has less than 10 safe moves and that she has a 4 frame low throw (2T) adding the frame delay for the throws +1, the fastest on the game. Pretty useless, but still an announcement.

Toby

I haven't really worked danger zones into my game yet, so I didn't mean any in particular. But i probably should start trying to get max damage off danger zones...
Loss of H+KK as we know it is a great sadness, that was my panic move.

I never really tried to rely on 2KKK because I knew it was glitched and would probably be patched out. While its disappointing I'm not trippin'.

What is up with the float cancel glitches? Maybe they have a use as is were not seeing?

Horray for 7K resets! Thats my favorite way to keep the pressure going.

I was really fond of that 4K bounce:( A lot of my combos relied on that move, so thats something to work around. And counter punishing for OVER HALF LIFE? THEY AINT' READY.

Using D.I.V.E. after a float cancel connects if your opponent's free stepping. I don't think it's a bug because it can be useful if your opponent attempts to free step your 4k strings. If it didn't, both D.I.V.E. and 4kk.. can be avoided. Either way, since most ppl would go for a side step, all will be avoided.

Brute

Standard Donor
This thread name is the silliest thing I've seen in a while.

That is all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD