WAZAAAAA

DOA3 video cutscenes are .sfd files
For example, mv_ay.sfd is Ayane's story ending, and mv_op.sfd is one of the boot intros.

For simple playback of the files, MPV works fine (VLC fails to play the audio).
If you want to mod them with something else, just take your own video and convert it to a valid SFD compatible file using video2dreamcastdisc!

DOWNLOAD:
https://alex-free.github.io/video2dreamcastdisc/#downloads

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. download and extract video2dreamcastdisc-1.1.4-windows-x86.zip anywhere
2. drag'n'drop your own video into vid2dcd.bat
3. press 3 to Make .sfd file
Done, your video should now be converted and you can now add it to your DOA3 disc.

(confirmed working on CXBX-R and real hardware)

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

wew, 85% of DOA3 is cutscenes
fhRwHro.png

Gultigargar

I've tested on real hardware, and it does actually work, which is pretty cool. Two drawbacks, though:
  • DOA3's original videos are in 720x480 resolution, but this tool only seems to support 704x480, so you lose a little bit horizontally.
  • Highest bitrate I've gotten it to use is 11200, which isn't a lot. Just slightly above half of what DOA3's videos use.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

• yeh the sfdmux.exe it calls doesn't seem very flexible with the resolutions, maybe there's something we're missing
  • we talking video bitrate or audio bitrate? because the video one is simple enough to change from config\video-bitrate.txt

Gultigargar

Video bitrate. I know about the .txt file, it's just that setting it too high makes the .bat unable to finish the conversion.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD