Media Virtua Fighter vs. Dead or Alive (trailer included)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I don't think a crossover would be profitable. If the VF characters being in DOA5 didn't help to garner interest in VF5FS, then I doubt a crossover will have any impact on either series at this time.

It probably won't, but they can "definitely" mesh well. The amount of exaggeration is simply astounding whenever I hear the logic behind the issue with the VF characters. Deep down, some are too afraid to admit it...but whenever I hear about "They don't fit" "They are too strong." It's either 1) They are too lazy to study the match up or 2) They just need something to complain about.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I have no problem with VF match ups, but they don't mesh, even with all the work TN did. Akira is a shining example and don't get me started on Sarah.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
No, trust me, you don't know the match up if you bringing up the exaggeration of not meshing up well. They were converted into DOA. This is not your average copy & paste scenario.

You simply just don't know what to do. These characters are unfamiliar to you so of course you would say they don't mesh well.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
As a Virtua Fighter player, that is completely false you have no idea what you're talking about.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Right, and I am willing to bet you don't understand that game to an extent.

Since it takes a shit ton of bricks to get through that thick skull of yours, the whole meshing thing was entirely an opinion from your end so it's not entirely a fact. You just happened to be that one person that post about just anything random from how "you" feel. It feels great to live in a dream world right? well snap out of it and play the game.

So once again, you just don't know the match up. Period.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
Hory shet! That was very well done! :) And I really hope this happens. I can just imagine all the dream match ups that aren't in DOA5. Zack vs Brad Burns, Kage vs Hayabusa, Alpha vs Dural (lol) etc. I'm more interested to see how they'd interact with each other. Kinda like how Akira and Kokoro got that cool cutscene. I'd buy this on the first day.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I have no problem with VF match ups, but they don't mesh, even with all the work TN did. Akira is a shining example and don't get me started on Sarah.

The VF characters takes sometime for getting used to it at first, but if you been playing since DOA5 vanilla you would realize their fine the way they are Team ninja said they wanted to keep the VF characters the same well sadly that didn't happen. They can keep up with the rest of the cast just fine with practice. Also VF players playing Doa would realize that major nerf from their game to this game if you have a problem fighting vf characters in Doa imagine playing VF akira in his original game big difference. I wish akira was the best character in Doa:(

Argentus

No, trust me, you don't know the match up if you bringing up the exaggeration of not meshing up well. They were converted into DOA. This is not your average copy & paste scenario.

You simply just don't know what to do. These characters are unfamiliar to you so of course you would say they don't mesh well.
The issue is you don't understand what people mean when they say VF doesn't mesh with DOA.

They aren't talking about being unable to beat the characters.

They are talking about how they are not really compatible with DOA's system. It's less "mad cause they lost" and more "extremely jarring to see VF in DOA".

Its a jarring contrast, like watching Roger Rabbit move next to Eddie Valient. The movements, fluidity, and character speeds dont line up, one character isn't following the rules of the world like everyone else is. the VF characters operate on a completely different set of physics.

the VF characters just look and feel terribly out of place in DOA. It has nothing to do with matchups or "Can or cannot beat them".

The fact that everyone hates Sarah in particular is a separate matter entirely. Well more than she's far worse than the rest.

David Gregg

It's not even that the VF characters feel out of place they've just never been that appealing to me. I respect the series and am tolerant of three of the VF characters in the game I just can't imagine a crossover.

Now DOAxTekken on the other hand...:cool:

Argentus

It's not even that the VF characters feel out of place they've just never been that appealing to me. I respect the series and am tolerant of three of the VF characters in the game I just can't imagine a crossover.

Now DOAxTekken on the other hand...:cool:
ew god no.

Actually...unless Tekken characters were modified to play like Dead Or Alive. Then I'd be okay with it.

David Gregg

ew god no.

Actually...unless Tekken characters were modified to play like Dead Or Alive. Then I'd be okay with it.

Holds are already a thing in Tekken even if only a few characters have it and 7 has added a powerblow-like addition for each character so it's possible.

They should probably leave out this character though who has ended up at the top of the Tekken community's death list in less than a month after her reveal. XD

chloe2.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The issue is you don't understand what people mean when they say VF doesn't mesh with DOA.

They aren't talking about being unable to beat the characters.

They are talking about how they are not really compatible with DOA's system. It's less "mad cause they lost" and more "extremely jarring to see VF in DOA".

Its a jarring contrast, like watching Roger Rabbit move next to Eddie Valient. The movements, fluidity, and character speeds dont line up, one character isn't following the rules of the world like everyone else is. the VF characters operate on a completely different set of physics.

the VF characters just look and feel terribly out of place in DOA. It has nothing to do with matchups or "Can or cannot beat them".

The fact that everyone hates Sarah in particular is a separate matter entirely. Well more than she's far worse than the rest.

This is why it's difficult as shit to fully make a graph so that players like you understand the concept whether they can mesh together or not.

1) They are both 3D fighting games with a layered format of 3D with graphic surrounding for realistic fighting. The VF characters were "converted" I repeat. Once again again and again. They were "CONVERTED" into DOA. They were not copy and pasted into the game. If they were, they would of been much better than any character in the roster by far. But since they are NOT none of them have a higher priority than the DOA cast. They were developed for Complexity, not to ruin players lives.

2) The jarred movements and attacks are exaggeration. If a move is an i12 then it's an i12. The game does not lie on speed. Also this so called Jerky movements doesn't make them any better nor hard to read. I think the issue is that some players tend to hit a button from a move that's like -12 and then try to go for another button after that.

3) It is based on match up because the issue with most of these players is unfamiliarity. They don't adapt and sit there complain about characters that were highly converted into DOA's mechanics. The VF characters have to respect the DOA mechanics.

4) People bitch about Sarah because they play the bitch in lag. If Sarah does 6KP on block which is -4 and throws out 6P which is an 11 frame move and then I throw out a 12 frame move upon blocking 6KP from Sarah and she beats me out with 6P >>> That is not Sarah's problem. She got away with it in pure lag.

Some of the players *Especially Jyakotu* get bopped in this game easily. I seen how he play so of course he would whine.

Now before this thread gets derailed, I believe the topic should keep going.

Last edited:

Tempest

Akira definitely got toned down but all the VF characters are still very strong and Sarah and Pai are stronger here than in their own game. That being said DOA was originally inspired by VF and TN was obviously very excited to put them in the game. There was a lot of love in how they were integrated and if you think that Sarah and rig, or Pai and Leifang play very similarly to each other you don't know what you're taking about.

Kronin

That being said DOA was originally inspired by VF and TN was obviously very excited to put them in the game. There was a lot of love in how they were integrated[...]

It's just for this reason that I particularly like the comments that introduce Akira and Sarah in the DoA5 artbook.

No87H5B.jpg

cDzLknJ.jpg

Argentus

This is why it's difficult as shit to fully make a graph so that players like you understand the concept whether they can mesh together or not.

1) They are both 3D fighting games with a layered format of 3D with graphic surrounding for realistic fighting. The VF characters were "converted" I repeat. Once again again and again. They were "CONVERTED" into DOA. They were not copy and pasted into the game. If they were, they would of been much better than any character in the roster by far. But since they are NOT none of them have a higher priority than the DOA cast. They were developed for Complexity, not to ruin players lives.

2) The jarred movements and attacks are exaggeration. If a move is an i12 then it's an i12. The game does not lie on speed. Also this so called Jerky movements doesn't make them any better nor hard to read. I think the issue is that some players tend to hit a button from a move that's like -12 and then try to go for another button after that.

3) It is based on match up because the issue with most of these players is unfamiliarity. They don't adapt and sit there complain about characters that were highly converted into DOA's mechanics. The VF characters have to respect the DOA mechanics.

4) People bitch about Sarah because they play the bitch in lag. If Sarah does 6KP on block which is -4 and throws out 6P which is an 11 frame move and then I throw out a 12 frame move upon blocking 6KP from Sarah and she beats me out with 6P >>> That is not Sarah's problem. She got away with it in pure lag.

Some of the players *Especially Jyakotu* get bopped in this game easily. I seen how he play so of course he would whine.

Now before this thread gets derailed, I believe the topic should keep going.
honestly...you can say this all you want, but the truth is, "on paper" they are equal, but "in practice" they are still a completely different beast than the DOA characters.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
honestly...you can say this all you want, but the truth is, "on paper" they are equal, but "in practice" they are still a completely different beast than the DOA characters.

You are not speaking any "truth." just letting you know that here and now.

Now back on topic before people get poisoned by the nonsense we seen today.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
But Zack still beats or is equal with every one of them?

k.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD