Wake-up Kicks ( Do you hold them or crush them )

If spacing or any form of avoiding wake up kicks Wasn't an option

• I'd just guess and hold them

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I'd just guess and crush them

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Interesting I'm not sure what I'd do @_@

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Speaking of wake up kick, I'm finding myself using them less and just prefer to get up. But with the topic on hand, I usually just back away because I'm bad with guessing whether or not to hold the opponent's wake up kick.

Brute

Standard Donor
Backing up isn't in my nature. There are no brakes on the Brute Train.

AkaShocka

Kasumi has a high WUK. Its not really the WUK itself but after her mid WUK she has a High kick follow-up.

Brute

Standard Donor
Kasumi has a high WUK. Its not really the WUK itself but after her mid WUK she has a High kick follow-up.
Hate that move. Why does she get two special WU abilities, anyway? Almost everyone else only gets one (or none).

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Yeah I know that she has that double WUK, but "every" character can do a high too?? How is the input then to differ between mid and high?

AkaShocka

Hate that move. Why does she get two special WU abilities, anyway? Almost everyone else only gets one (or none).
Lisa has 2 special wake ups. She has the breakdance and the throw. Also, the breakdance one has a follow up. So she can choose to do both parts or the first part. Lia is special!!
:lisa:

Brute

Standard Donor
Lisa has 2 special wake ups. She has the breakdance and the throw. Also, the breakdance one has a follow up. So she can choose to do both parts or the first part. Lia is special!!
:lisa:
That WU H+K has been getting buffed and nerfed off-and-on since it's inception, lol. Such a weird move.

AkaShocka

Yeah I know that she has that double WUK, but "every" character can do a high too?? How is the input then to differ between mid and high?
No other character has a normal wake up kick that goes high. Helena and Kasumi are the only ones. Helena's special wake up is just her 8k animation but then again, characters can only do their special wake up if they are positioned certainly. Kasumi can do her mid WUK - K at any position.

AkaShocka

That WU H+K has been getting buffed and nerfed off-and-on since it's inception, lol. Such a weird move.
It was nerfed in vanilla because they took out the follow up. It's tweaked in Ultimate because it push the foe back and doesn't stun them but the follow up has been added again.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Yeah that is an issue. Most times you can tell if they will fall for it based on how they perform though so I rarely get punished for it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD