Wanted Balance Changes

Tempest

The only buff they gave Phase was making her tenfu t track better if I'm reading that right. Seems like they did some serious work on Honoka.

Edit: Now that the english version is out those are really some underwhelming changes. Not complaining about bug fixes and minor improvements but it would have been nice to see something interesting.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hopefully someone can provide the translation of Akira regarding P+K. That is an important move right there.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Alright, Akira is good so far. Minor issue that's rare to even get. That woozy PP6P from Raidou and 66K can be low thrown punished now. I mean, it's reasonable to do so but even so, some of the required buffs he didn't receive and less likely for me to use him these days. Still a fun character.

Honoka and Jacky got buffed though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

EIN wasn't even mentioned.... Wow, yet honoka gets buffed through the ass. Holy crap I'm salty she wasn't even that bad.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Wow. Pai didn't get squat :(
@Codemaster92163 @VAND1TA @Timasty

Helena:
214P+K: Changed the ground strike property from none to medium.
So does that mean it causes a SDS on normal hit now or...?
@Pictured Mind @GreatDarkHero

Sarah:
P+K: Changed the move so that the line of attack is less likely to go off target when using this move on an opponent who has hit a vase or other stage gimmick.
Interesting.
@866AiN999

Pictured Mind

Helena:
214P+K: Changed the ground strike property from none to medium.
So does that mean it causes a SDS on normal hit now or...?
@Pictured Mind @GreatDarkHero

I think it means it's a force tech now. Which would make sense since she goes to BKO and it looks like it hits a grounded opponent.

Also, shoutout to myself for being tagged here but it didn't work, a little later I wander into this thread and see my name.

Codemaster92163

Those Nyo changes are underwhelming, plus slightly bad. The only good thing is that the kick from Hiten PK is now mid. Still, she could have used some buffs.

synce

Glad they fixed Honoka's 6P and BT K. Not enough changes to get me playing again though

DontForkWitMe

Meh patch overall, only honoka got actual balance changes worth a shit. funny how out of all the glitches Leon suffers from they choose to only fix his blocked H+K animation putting opponents in crouch status and not his desert failcon or the glitched animation on his cliff hanger when an opponent breaks his throw attempt from it

desert failcon

glitched cliff hanger throw break animation
(2:10 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=131&v=diVPhHgEh2c

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yes she was. Honoka had real issues which made her low tier in my opinion. She will be more balanced after the patch though.
Really? She didn't seem to be that problematic to me out side of range game and even then she has 3 good tools borrowed from Ein/Hitomi. All I see are unsafe moves being made safe and damage buffs.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Really? She didn't seem to be that problematic to me out side of range game and even then she has 3 good tools borrowed from Ein/Hitomi. All I see are unsafe moves being made safe and damage buffs.

She had issues regarding moves that usually do not make contact. One of the issues that people hardly mentioned is that you could be in the stun threshold with the opponent trying to stagger out and her attacks like a jab or 6P will whiff completely because they staggered out along with pushback. She could get knocked for whiffing a move from an attack that is below average in distance and she'll still get hit by it.

To be truthful, she definitely need a range buff in cm. The damage buff was just catering to a noob side and not exactly needed. It's just that Team NINJA felt sorry for them and was like "We definitely increased distance parameters in attacks, but we also wanted to buff damage so that people can feel good about it when they win, as well as having more people use her during streams so that we can be Kawaii and cringeful." But yeah like I said, she definitely needed a range increase in certain moves.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I guess if Ein was a kawaii anime girl he'd get buffed to mid tier too lol.

Instead he's apparently perfect with his DOA4 gameplay and i16 1P

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I guess if Ein was a kawaii anime girl he'd get buffed to mid tier too lol.

Instead he's apparently perfect with his DOA4 gameplay and i16 1P

Who knows. Although if Ein wasn't in the list, you could possibly say that it may have been intentional. Same with Raidou. I was expecting changes from him but nothing really special, so it may have been intentional from him as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD