ways to improve Honoka and stay in flavor of the character

You make strong points Bomb. I understanding whole hearty, but I'm not trying to make her into a perfect character. I agree with the overall choices of her kit. She should have short reach she is 4'11. I agree her power should be lower she is not a trained fighter. I'm not trying to go over her physical limitations. That is why I stated I want to stay in flavor of the character. That why I wanted to give her stronger moves but adjusted. They are already just as is. Again anyone new to this thread please look at the earlier comments were we stated comparison to moves. What I wanted is ways to improve her and stay in character. I don't want her to dominate I want her to stand out and feel more even with the rest of cast especially the a typical top tiers.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm on the game right now, so with 63214P+KP+K, I'd much rather have that notation changed since that really gets in the way of using 214P+K when trying to walk or dash forward. As for it being practical, I don't have an answer for that.

Yeah it really does get in the way of bokuho. So then lets suggests something else to replace this move with something more practical to help honoka but stay in flavor.

Omegax

I'm on the game right now, so with 63214P+KP+K, I'd much rather have that notation changed since that really gets in the way of using 214P+K when trying to walk or dash forward. As for it being practical, I don't have an answer for that.
Our thoughts exactly

I suggested earlier in the thread to make it her hissatsu no kamae stance. Then on top of that give her some more options from it. What are your thoughts.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I don't think she really needs raw access to that stance, that defeats the purpose of her stance transition in general. Which is to commit to it.

Last edited:
Alright then what would you suggest? They could use notation for a throw instead of another attack. Like a reverse version rachel's grab or something unique with her. Then if it was unique would be damage, setup, or combo?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
63214P+K can turn into the 63214P+K Helena has, which is a +24 stun on neutral hit, +24 sitdown stun on counter hit and critical stun threshold. It would increase some pressure out of BKO and increase her mix up potential after BKO P (BKO P or BKO PP). Giving her the BKO 6KK string couldn't hurt either. Gives a decent option in BKO stance mid to low, with BKO 6K being a launcher in threshold and counter hit.

that would help her. is P or 4P guaranteed due to the stun or just hard recover to respond? Sorry just checked with computer seems to be guaranteed.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
BKO P (which is BKO 6P from Helena) is i12, it's guaranteed. 63214P+K is +16 stun at fastest stagger. BKO P for Honoka is +29 and +21 at fastest stagger. The world is open from that amount of advantage for some pressure.

Th
BKO P (which is BKO 6P from Helena) is i12, it's guaranteed. 63214P+K is +16 stun at fastest stagger. BKO P for Honoka is +29 and +21 at fastest stagger. The world is open from that amount of advantage for some pressure.
That explains why helena's 6K from bokuho gets blocked, but still a strong guessing my giving her the mid kick.

Another thing I suggestested for a faster and a bit more reliable low stun move would be Rachel's 2H+K as a raw move and as a variant to honoka's PP2K string. It could help her game since the moves leaves her +5 on neutral hit but -12 on block so there is risk in using it. Also due to her height the range would decrease by a decent amount. For a estimate I compared Hitomi's fujin to Honoka's. Hitomi's is 2.34 while Honoka's is 2.07. That is almost 5 times less reach in comparison. So with working in exact numbers Rachel's 2H+K goes for 1.37 so Honoka's should be around 1.10 that is quite the shift.

Omegax

Yeah it really does get in the way of bokuho. So then lets suggests something else to replace this move with something more practical to help honoka but stay in flavor.
Yes
Another thing I suggestested for a faster and a bit more reliable low stun move would be Rachel's 2H+K as a raw move and as a variant to honoka's PP2K string. It could help her game since the moves leaves her +5 on neutral hit but -12 on block so there is risk in using it. Also due to her height the range would decrease by a decent amount. For a estimate I compared Hitomi's fujin to Honoka's. Hitomi's is 2.34 while Honoka's is 2.07. That is almost 5 times less reach in comparison. So with working in exact numbers Rachel's 2H+K goes for 1.37 so Honoka's should be around 1.10 that is quite the shift.
or why not give her Marie roses 2H+K

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I think having Zack's 2H+K raw would make more sense because of the 6K2K. Let's her pressure a bit better with 6K2K and 2H+K. Changing PP2K to Rachel's PP2K is not sound because that takes away one of few ways Honoka has to enter Bokuho stance.

n
I think having Zack's 2H+K raw would make more sense because of the 6K2K. Let's her pressure a bit better with 6K2K and 2H+K. Changing PP2K to Rachel's PP2K is not sound because that takes away one of few ways Honoka has to enter Bokuho stance.
No I do not want to take it away I want it as a variant. So having PP2
K and PP2H+K. Another reason why I chose rachel's is because I don't think she has any moves from her kit. The point of her is that she copied the cast from watching them on TV, so unless "plot" wise rachel's was not in the tourney should have at least one move from every character.

Last edited:

Omegax

I don't really play honaka at a competitive level but I do want to know what is the usability of her having Christie's role from DOK K if the Dok K launches in critical threshold?

I think it is her highest launch and the fact that 4K from that stance makes you too far way to anything it allows her to still follow up if you want to. Also the punch varient leads into honoka's unique stance.

Omegax

I think it is her highest launch and the fact that 4K from that stance makes you too far way to anything it allows her to still follow up if you want to. Also the punch varient leads into honoka's unique stance.
I should have said what is its usability in crit thres. Because DOK K the 4K launches the opponent in threshold and it it not really practical to start your neutral game with it, I admit I love it but it has no real practical use in a high level play its to unsafe of an option in my opinion maybe it can be modify.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD