"What a pain!" The Rig strategy thread.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Since hes a new character I thought I could give you guys a head start so you can find it alot easier to pick him up :)

Critical Burst: P+K
Power Blow: 1P+K

Launchers:

(counter)PP2KK
(counter) K6K
(counter) 9K
(counter) 8K
(counter) 6K9K
(counter)2KK
(counter)44K
41236H+P

Sit Down Stuns:

(counter)PPP4K
7P
(counter)7K
(kubryo sogi) P
(counter)(kubryo sogi) KK6K
(coutner)(kubryo sogi) 7K
(kubryo sogi) 7(K)
(opp crouch)66K
(opp crouch)(kubryo sogi)6K
(counter)(BT) 4K

Turn around:

(kubryo sogi)4H+K
(vs MID K) 6H

Ground Bounce:

(counter)(kubryo sogi)8K (threshold)
(counter)7KK (threshold)
(counter)(tolgi)KK4K (threshold)
(opp BT) 7P

putting Rig into BT:

6PP
(kubryo sogi) 6H+KK
7KK

Stance Transitions:

to kubryo sogi:
PPPK
PPKK
6P2K
6P2KK
K
KK
K2K
K2KK
4KK
3KK
3K2K
3K2KK
1KK
4P+K
(kubryo sogi)K
(kubryo sogi)KK
(kubryo sogi)4K
(kubryo sogi) 4KK
(kubryo sogi) 2K
(kubryo sogi) 2KK
(kubryo sogi) 6H+K
to tolgi
PP4 (to tolgi)
KK4
6KK4
6P+K
(BT) P+K
(kubryo sogi) KKK4
(kubryo sogi) 6P+K
switch step
(from neutral)8/2

Goro Hazuki

Nice. This will come in handy. And I remember you telling me he had a lot of sit-down stuns, but hot damn.

Helpful Cow is helpful.

Einzelkind

So did anyone find a better follow-up to his launch throw yet? The best I can find is 66, 9k, 6h+k, 6h+kk. Works on all weight classes.

PhoenixVFIRE

So did anyone find a better follow-up to his launch throw yet? The best I can find is 66, 9k, 6h+k, 6h+kk. Works on all weight classes.
66, 9k, 4kk, 6h+kk does a little bit more damage although I have no clue if it works on everyone. I don't see why not :)

RiBu

66, 9k, 4kk, 6h+kk does a little bit more damage although I have no clue if it works on everyone. I don't see why not :)

That seems to be his best damage option from most of his launchers that don't take him into BS

This is the best I've come up with his launchers on CH...basically works the same if they have enough critical damage:
33K, 4KK,6H+KK
9K,4KK,KK6K
8K,3P,8KK
BS 8K,3P, 8KK
Blowout 66 9k, 4kk, 6h+kk..but I feel like he has some more options not explored...I know in the corner 66 4KK,4KK,KK6K does 98 as opposed to the former's 72 damage...

stevo uk

Off 8k on counter hit you can get k,k,4,k,k,k press 4 to go in to turn leg cut this does 64 damage rather than 53 you can also do the same with 8k with counter hit from bending stance for 65 damage rather than 56. Plus you could get a wall slam

Thought I'd put this here also off high counter or critical burst you can get 96 damage of 33k,k,k,p,p,p,2k,k but credit goes dr dogg as I seen it in the summer jam tourney videos

Also worked out a 100 damage one although it seems a bit hit and miss wether the last hit connects it's 33k,k,k,p,p,p,4,k,k,k and that's on high counter or critical burst

Edit: the combo is 33k,k,k,p,p,p,4,k,k,4k so it ends with the mid that slams to the ground it works on Tina so should work on lights too

jinis god

ive been using 6p,k to p,p,p 2,k,k (launch) to 6,h,k. i think lol in my offline matches, or i use 6p,k to p,p,p 2,k,k (launch) to 6 p,k,k,k. with great results. i dont think i typed it out right. il correct when i get home.

What's the deal with his 6P+K moves?

those moves are hella trippy. ive gotten folks near a wall and done some good damage using the 6p+k moves. personally i think it makes rig one of the best in this cast near or on a wall. its lightning fast and can confuse. like bob(hwoarang) in tekken

DrDogg

Off the launching throw I generally use: 6P+KK, KK4KKK

I haven't experimented much in terms of max damage with the day one patch, but I like to use KKP, KK4KKK as my main juggle after a max threshold launch. You can get a bit more damage than that with some slight variations, but they're not as consistent.

stevo uk

Dr dogg do you play on psn I'd love to play your rig I've played silent legends haven't seen many decent rigs online also agree about ppkkk2k being more consistent on max threshold but 4kk 6h+k k is even more consistent especially online. Also if you Finnish a juggle with kk4kk4k try and get the force tech with 2h+k and then keep up with the pressure with 236k for the guard break straight into bending stance

DrDogg

Dr dogg do you play on psn I'd love to play your rig I've played silent legends haven't seen many decent rigs online also agree about ppkkk2k being more consistent on max threshold but 4kk 6h+k k is even more consistent especially online. Also if you Finnish a juggle with kk4kk4k try and get the force tech with 2h+k and then keep up with the pressure with 236k for the guard break straight into bending stance

I'm on PSN and XBL, but I don't play competitively online. IMO you can't play this game right online since you can't punish, can't do anything on reaction and basically just have to mash. I'll still play if you want though. I'm DrDogg on both.

I can't hit any of my real Rig juggles online, but I still go for them to make sure my muscle memory stays intact. I don't use 236K though, especially on wake-up. It's high and easily stepped. It works well online, but well... online.

stevo uk

Does k,k,p,k,k,4,k,k,k even work for a juggle I'll check later but sure when I tried after the punch the next kick would miss

DrDogg

Does k,k,p,k,k,4,k,k,k even work for a juggle I'll check later but sure when I tried after the punch the next kick would miss

The timing has gotten more strict now compared to earlier builds. This seems to be caused by the fact that Rig's 33K launcher (what I generally use to test off of) launches slightly higher. You have to delay the KKP just long enough so that the P connects at maximum height.

There should be an easier juggle option, but I haven't looked into it yet. I'm not really taking this game seriously at the moment due to a lack of local scene and subpar netcode (post-patch).

Supersonic

has anyone found a reason to free cancel with rig. his strings aren't long, but aside from cancelling our of BND it does not seem like there are any combos that can be really benefited from canceling into a new string

DrDogg

has anyone found a reason to free cancel with rig. his strings aren't long, but aside from cancelling our of BND it does not seem like there are any combos that can be really benefited from canceling into a new string

If you catch the opponent with BND 4F+K, follow with 4P, then free-cancel before you continue the combo on the BT opponent. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD