What if they made a Dead or Alive HD Collection?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Can you imagine if Team NINJA were ever to do a Dead or Alive 3 HD Remix, with an original balance mode and a remixed balance mode? Man, just makes me drool thinking about it.
The idea frightens me. Team Ninja would botch it. Just leave the cartwheel out and that's it; don't touch anything else gameplay related.

I can't see how they can mess that up.
Easy: they'll listen to the Japanese players that hate 3.1 over the dirty gaijin again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Nah, that's not what i mean by remixed balance mode. In both versions it's DOA3. It's not DOA3 with DOA4's system.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I know exactly what you mean Wah. Anything we deem good would be made to be useless. 6PK? Bass's pick-up? Etc? All minus now because they would rather listen to the Japanese players that hate 3.1 and not you.

Zeo

If that collection included online play, particularly for 3(.1), then it would be an insta-buy for me.

d3v

Should include DOA++ (because I've yet to play it and it seems to be Matt's favorite), DOA2 and DOA3.1. Rollback or predictive netcode is a must.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DOA3 is my favorite out of the three you listed. DOA++ is my 2nd favorite as it's just DOA2 with walls and a more advanced/overcomplicated hold system.

Brute

Standard Donor
I think that was kinda the point when they released DOA: Ultimate.

I know everyone here only cares about 3.1 (which admittedly would be awesome to have released in the US for 360/PS3), but man, I'd love to get DOA2 back on PS3. Especially Ultimate, but the original is great, too. It's the game that first got me hooked to DOA, and there's so much great content in terms of arenas, costumes, music, etc. that aren't quite captured in any of the other games.

I'd nostalgia my brains out for an HD collection with 3.1 and 2/2:U.

Ghosty-J

I would be all over an HD collection the first chance I get! I missed out on DoA2U, so seeing all the past games ported over to an HD format would be fantastic for me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD