What should DOA6's story focus on?

Your choice here affects the outcome of the world.

• Marie embarks on a quest to fetch Helena the mystical Genra milk.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Honoka discoveres that Raidou IS HER FATHER (Star Wars style) and must kill him.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Marie and Honoka having wacky adventures involving milk, dinosaurs, milk, cabbages, and milk.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • More of that ninjas vs DOATEC crap. (Don't pick this.) (Seriously.)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

synce

So I tried to replay the story in LR but it was too boring, I think it's time they changed up the formula. What do you think is a good direction for the series?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'm hoping that Misty(what Phase 4's name should have been) meets Yaiba and Miss Monday and learns that she can be/is more than a shitty clone of Kasumi. I am hoping that she forms her OWN personality that isn't the virgin mary sue Kasumi is. The Honoka thing can be there too for comic relief as well.

Darkslay

Am i the only one that would like for them to go back to the classic "arcade" way? just have a cutscene after every match until the final "boss", DOA5´s "story" was so dull that some characters felt like they were thrown in for shits and giggles, with no actual reason than "just because" *cough* VF cast *cough*

HHH816

DOA always goes to Ninja vs DOATEC, remember the ending when rig and his dad talk to each other.

other than that i want more story focus on marie, honoka, helena and raidou.

hitomi and hayate ( give them long dialogue).

ayane and kasumi drool/jealous over hayate

reduce story line for

1. Jann Lee and Lei Feng saga - yawn
2. Hitomi and Lei Feng -pointless
3. Brad and that brit kid - again pointless

Kasumi-Phase-X

Darkslay is not alone on this one, I would really prefer if part of the Story Mode was done like DOA2-4. Because part of the Story Mode on DOA5 only works perfectly well in Dimensions, where DOA5 felt very similar to how MK & Injustice handle in Story Mode which really doesn't work well when you mix the ones that have impact on the story, while others have their own reason which doesn't effect Story that much. Which speaking of MK & Injustice, I honestly would prefer if part of 4 matches per chapter in Story Mode (for any fighting games) is completely discarded since it doesn't give characters enough room to develop and can feel very limited after watched MKX Story Mode.

Not only I would want it to return to its original DOA2-4 format, but I would also prefer if the Story Mode was done very similar to Arcana Heart, AquaPazza, Guilty Gear, & SCIII to name a few mix with a format very similar to part of DOA Dimensions, SCV, & J-Stars Victory VS.

I would love to see the 4 new DLC characters (along with possible future additions) to have detail story for who they are & what purpose do they have to make them expand when going through battles (something MKX Story Mode didn't bother to do), part of the Ninjas (Kasumi, Hayabusa, Ayane, Hayate, Momiji, & Rachel) & DOATEC (Helena, Bayman, & Marie Rose) to have more stories & battles to do, while other characters & MIST (Christie, Lisa, Rig, & Raidou) to have their stories & battles very similar to DOA2-4. (similar to what HHH816)

So a expanded version of the original Story Mode (plus with DOAD & DOA5 cutscenes), each characters having their own expanded battles or like 7-8 stages depending on which side/purpose do they have, and should have individual endings like previous games.

Darkslay

The thing that bothered me the most was that they add anything to story mode like extra chapters, now there´s 6 characters that are in the game, again, "just because", they better release something along the line.

Personally i feel Lee could get a more important role in DOA6 (i´m not just saying that cuz he´s my main) what with the whole vs Rig thing, maybe another encounter against Ryu? also the thing with Lei Fang has to come to a close, it just has to.

synce

Oh yeah I fully agree that the story mode should go back to the classic style, I hate this 'cinematic' bullshit. This is just in terms of the main plot. For example the game might revolve around Marie's search for tasty milk, but some characters would do their own thing (like DOA4).

And somehow I keep forgetting about Nyotengu... But I always envisioned that if a new tengu appeared it would be a revenge story. TN's official backstory for Nyotengu is completely stupid.

Xernuht

They should just split Story Mode in two: Ninjas and Tournament. The main thing that bothered me about Story Mode was the whole 'spend 5-10 minutes with Kasumi and Ayane, then shove the tournament down my throat, finish with more ninjas' approach.

Also, I agree with darkslay. The guest characters should just stay out of Story Mode.

jjinkou2

The story should a be a pretext to learn all the tutorial moves, and the stance of every characters. Like Rayman story, you learn progressively every move. Because actual tutorial and stories are so boring.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
You would think that the story would be arranged in such a way where all characters (beside the ninja characters) are relevant in some way. As if to say, there is a legitimate cause behind whatever happens next. There is a lot of potential behind the concepts within DOA but they either end up being rather pointless or the script writer somehow messes up the potential the story had. Or... it becomes convoluted...

Rand0M Mofo

If TN wants to make Nyotengu more interesting they could at least make her backstory more detailed. Her revenge thing with Hayabusa isn't given enough detail to make her an interesting and relevant character to the series. Also, wouldn't a new villain character that is not related to DOATEC, Donovan, Raidou or Nyotengu be interesting? And please don't give the backstory for the villain (and/or Nyotengu) to appear in the world just for the sake of causing chaos 'for the lulz'. Give the story some more details that makes them sound reasonably interesting.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I want the new characters involved with the story. I got to admit, the selections above for the poll are very uninspired and I think just about anyone would pick to specify below... and DOA5's story wasn't boring to me. I don't see the need to bash the game any chance you can. Honestly you do it all the time and it's annoying.

Think it's about time to see a character die. I'm interested in seeing how they are going to involve the new characters to DOA if at all. I think Nyo could have an interesting one with Hayabusa. She seeks out revenge and ends up falling in love with the Super Ninja. Marie Rose... I don't know how she would tie in at all. Haven't thought about it that much really. Honoka and Ayane could team up to get revenge on Raidou, then they could mutilate his remains to make sure he doesn't come back for a third go.

synce

I'm sorry but DOA5's story is the fucking epitome of boring. Have you actually tried replaying it? Every cutscene starts out with a reminder of what day it is. Then it's usually followed by a bunch of boring chatter or Zack being retarded. I can fire up DOA4 right now and have a fun, nonsensical and COMPLETE story in 5 minutes. You're not going to get that in DOA5. You're going to get a shitty 3 hour wannabe movie. And I can bash other games too, not just DOA :) Fuck MK for killing story mode. MKX actually introduced QTEs into the cutscens lmao

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I'm sorry but DOA5's story is the fucking epitome of boring. Have you actually tried replaying it? Every cutscene starts out with a reminder of what day it is. Then it's usually followed by a bunch of boring chatter or Zack being retarded. I can fire up DOA4 right now and have a fun, nonsensical and COMPLETE story in 5 minutes. You're not going to get that in DOA5. You're going to get a shitty 3 hour wannabe movie. And I can bash other games too, not just DOA :) Fuck MK for killing story mode. MKX actually introduced QTEs into the cutscens lmao
I enjoyed DOA3's story better than DOA4's ^_^
And I dunno what it was, but DOA5's story was really fun... but replaying it is boring because you know what's going on... like replaying TWD games or Heavy Rain.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Like I've said to anyone else talking shit about the story: come up with something better yourself and show me. I personally enjoyed it, for what it was. This is coming from someone that plays Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. For some reason everyone thought it should be like that. The point I'm trying to make is, that you like to talk a bunch of shit and then run away like a bitch and say you're leaving the community. But with this topic you know people will agree with you so you're like fuck it let's talk shit about the game as my topic and mislead people with the title.

You're a big shit talker, but when it comes down to it there isn't much bite at all is there? But apparently DOAN was ruining Tengu's chances of ever coming back in any sort of way when he was pissed off by an April Fool's prank cause his one opinion means soooooo much (lol)...

Darkslay

Like I've said to anyone else talking shit about the story: come up with something better yourself and show me. I personally enjoyed it, for what it was. This is coming from someone that plays Metal Gear and Final Fantasy. For some reason everyone thought it should be like that. The point I'm trying to make is, that you like to talk a bunch of shit and then run away like a bitch and say you're leaving the community. But with this topic you know people will agree with you so you're like fuck it let's talk shit about the game as my topic and mislead people with the title.

You're a big shit talker, but when it comes down to it there isn't much bite at all is there? But apparently DOAN was ruining Tengu's chances of ever coming back in any sort of way when he was pissed off by an April Fool's prank cause his one opinion means soooooo much (lol)...
I want the new characters involved with the story. I got to admit, the selections above for the poll are very uninspired and I think just about anyone would pick to specify below... and DOA5's story wasn't boring to me. I don't see the need to bash the game any chance you can. Honestly you do it all the time and it's annoying.

Think it's about time to see a character die. I'm interested in seeing how they are going to involve the new characters to DOA if at all. I think Nyo could have an interesting one with Hayabusa. She seeks out revenge and ends up falling in love with the Super Ninja. Marie Rose... I don't know how she would tie in at all. Haven't thought about it that much really. Honoka and Ayane could team up to get revenge on Raidou, then they could mutilate his remains to make sure he doesn't come back for a third go.

Daaaamn the burn is real lol.

Back on the subject, which character you think should die? personally i'm very attached to all the cast, Gen maybe?
I never really tought of Nyo like that, it would be a pretty big slap in the face to fall in love with a fellow tengu's greatest enemy don't you think? lol.
Call me crazy but i always made the idea in my mind that Honoka is actually a cyborg, a cyborg manufactured by DOATEC, is that weird? lol, it could be an interesting plot point.
If anything i think Ayane and Kasumi should be the ones to end Raidou, along with Ayane's grudge.

Xernuht

Daaaamn the burn is real lol.

Back on the subject, which character you think should die? personally i'm very attached to all the cast, Gen maybe?

Well, he is old enough.

I never really tought of Nyo like that, it would be a pretty big slap in the face to fall in love with a fellow tengu's greatest enemy don't you think? lol.

Pretty much. Leon can have her instead.

Call me crazy but i always made the idea in my mind that Honoka is actually a cyborg, a cyborg manufactured by DOATEC, is that weird? lol, it could be an interesting plot point.

Someone plays a bit of Tekken, because that kind of reveal would be a little too much like Alisa.

If anything i think Ayane and Kasumi should be the ones to end Raidou, along with Ayane's grudge.

Hell, replace Kasumi with Hayate and get some real closure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD