What system should the DOA IPL League be played on?

Which system would you rather compete on in the DOA IPL league?

• Total voters

Justice

Only on Capcom games and DOA5. Let's not propagate this myth any further shall we.
It's proven to be on MK9 as well. :(
In my experience in my neck of the woods, it's Capcom on 360 and everything else on ps3. I would theorize that part of the reason is that it's hard to come up with that many 360 setups for all of the games present.

werewolfgold

I wonder if it would've existed back in the olden days before they patched in the in-game XMB. Or, if it really is that widespread, has Sony officially responded to complaints about it? Hmmm...

Well, I'm not really the tournament type. But, it kind of sucks to see things like this happen.

NightAntilli

It's really a hardware issue. Having split memory and running them at different speeds does not really help efficient programming.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I just know, whichever IPL chooses, is going to be the recommended system setting for the grassroot majors.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That'd be a damn shame if it ends up being PS3, then. I purposely didn't use Ryu at NEC because I drop shit constantly on the PS3 pad with him and that got me blown up because none of my other characters are tournament worthy. I'm likely going to have to buy one of those specialty third party controllers (in particular, the one XCal had) just to have a chance. Sad.

Chaos

That'd be a damn shame if it ends up being PS3, then. I purposely didn't use Ryu at NEC because I drop shit constantly on the PS3 pad with him and that got me blown up because none of my other characters are tournament worthy. I'm likely going to have to buy one of those specialty third party controllers (in particular, the one XCal had) just to have a chance. Sad.
I think a PC controller is compatible for the PS3.

Edit: Thats because the DS3 is for skilled players only son! LOL

I just know, whichever IPL chooses, is going to be the recommended system setting for the grassroot majors.
It's going to be the PS Vita lol. :)

Is DoA5 the only fighting game where there's a larger community on the 360?

Xbox version is preferred for a lot of Capcom games cause of that 2 Frame input lag difference.

I say run it on Xbox, make it easier since the SFxT and AE are marginally better on Xbox anyway.

Chaos

Xbox version is preferred for a lot of Capcom games cause of that 2 Frame input lag difference.

I say run it on Xbox, make it easier since the SFxT and AE are marginally better on Xbox anyway.
Hell no! PC version beats both of them lol.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Didnt IPL use the PS3 during the pre launch tournament?

Was there lots of complaints then?

Yes and Yes.

Not that we had much of a choice.

E3 and HIN we had setups for both, but the launch day tournament itself was PS3 only.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
My main complaint with IPL's pre launch events were just the fact we couldn't use our own controllers/arcade sticks due to the room of the event. I don't expect that to happen at the official IPL events coming up though, so not worried in that regard.

That's my only main complaint because again, I use arcade stick and it can be used on both systems with the same input issues I have with it. Only differing factor is the 1 frame delay of the PS3, but to me, when you're talking between a 7 and 8 frame total delay between the 360 and the PS3 respectively, it's really negligible. You can practically adjust to it in 15 minutes time. Obviously, the system issue is more about the default controller than it is about the added delay on the PS3. If it were about the delay then you would already have heard an announcement of it being on Xbox 360, and all other major fighting game events would have switched to 360 for at least the top two major games: SF4 and MVC3U.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
My main complaint with IPL's pre launch events were just the fact we couldn't use our own controllers/arcade sticks due to the room of the event. I don't expect that to happen at the official IPL events coming up though, so not worried in that regard.

That's my only main complaint because again, I use arcade stick and it can be used on both systems with the same input issues I have with it. Only differing factor is the 1 frame delay of the PS3, but to me, when you're talking between a 7 and 8 frame total delay between the 360 and the PS3 respectively, it's really negligible. You can practically adjust to it in 15 minutes time. Obviously, the system issue is more about the default controller than it is about the added delay on the PS3. If it were about the delay then you would already have heard an announcement of it being on Xbox 360, and all other major fighting game events would have switched to 360 for at least the top two major games: SF4 and MVC3U.

I maintain the primary reason is because Sony sponsors everything and Microsoft does not. That's always been the bottom line and anyone's concerns which came after that fact were pretty much dubbed irrelevant.

I would go so far as to say that IPL will probably end up with a Sony sponsorship in 2013 as well, and we will have to use the PS3 again for that exact reason, even though it is the inferior system for the games present.

Chaos

I'm not trying to start a bitch ass console war, it was only a joke so lighten up. BTW I'm a Gears or War fan and both consoles had their pros & cons.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD