What system should the DOA IPL League be played on?

Which system would you rather compete on in the DOA IPL league?

• Total voters

d3v

Do you have proof? Not trying to sound mean. :oops:
We've already done multiple tests on this in SRK's Tech Talk. Most recent would be when we tested 3rd Strike Online Edition and found no difference between the 360 and PS3 versions in terms of input lag (both had the CPS3 standard 4 frames of delay).

Chaos

All I know is you wouldn't think one frame feels very different but it does. I remember when I played the PS3 version before the game came out it felt very sluggish. At first I thought it was just an engine change, until I got to try the 360 set up. It was very noticeable transition, since the 360 just felt better. I would think most players can feel the difference. 360 seems to be the way to go. Like everything else it all comes down to money though.
Fix it TN! I don't care how crazy difficult it is to get rid of this 1 frame bullshit, fix it! :mad:

We've already done multiple tests on this in SRK's Tech Talk. Most recent would be when we tested 3rd Strike Online Edition and found no difference between the 360 and PS3 versions in terms of input lag (both had the CPS3 standard 4 frames of delay).
I played Tekken 6 last mouth & forgot how fluid the gameplay is compared to DOA5, even though its a completely different fighting game.

RoboJoe

All I know is you wouldn't think one frame feels very different but it does. I remember when I played the PS3 version before the game came out it felt very sluggish. At first I thought it was just an engine change, until I got to try the 360 set up. It was very noticeable transition, since the 360 just felt better. I would think most players can feel the difference. 360 seems to be the way to go. Like everything else it all comes down to money though.

The one time I played DOA on PS3, I noticed the slight delay. It's defiantly noticeable when muscle memory comes into play.

DrDogg

I own DOA5 for PS3 and 360, and other than during online play, the 1-frame input latency on PS3 does not impact my play.

I can only attribute this to the fact that I'm used to games that require much faster reaction time. I don't know...

Expect it doesn't have the bullshit mechanics like DOA4.

Edit: I would really like to see DOA5 on PC.

Which of these mechanics you speak of were in DOA4 that are not in DOA5?

Chaos

I own DOA5 for PS3 and 360, and other than during online play, the 1-frame input latency on PS3 does not impact my play.

I can only attribute this to the fact that I'm used to games that require much faster reaction time. I don't know...

Which of these mechanics you speak of were in DOA4 that are not in DOA5?
In DOA4, theres no guaranteed set up, no 2-in-1's, ability to counter hold during a wall bounce, no unholdable stuns, widow for counter holds is too long & they takes too damage & much more, just ask any other DOA players, they know DOA4 mechanics more than me.
Don't get wrong DOA4 is a great game but on the competitive level, its pathetic.

Raansu

In DOA4, theres no guaranteed set up, no 2-in-1's, ability to counter hold during a wall bounce, no unholdable stuns, widow for counter holds is too long & they takes too damage & much more, just ask any other DOA players, they know DOA4 mechanics more than me.
Don't get wrong DOA4 is a great game but on the competitive level, its pathetic.

DrDoggs point was that the changes in DoA5 were mostly subtle. The game is more or less DoA4.5

The main reason why I say Xbox:
Most of my cool sticks are for Xbox
My only cool PS3 stick has been in the repair bay for a long time.

And you gotta have a cool stick, especially if you're on stream

d3v

The only "cool stick" that's XBox only at the moment is the Razer Atrox. And to have one, you first need to be "cool" enough to be accepted into the beta. Everything else has versions for both consoles, or is dual-console compatible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD