Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr PaC

Could there be another new male or female that could join this pack ? Irene ? Mizuki ? Sanji ?
I wish Irene had a makeover. She doesn't look fantastic in either NG or DOAD.
Mizuki is cool but it's yet another Momiji..
Sanji would be appreciated, as it would give us another young male.
I would like to see Irene in DOA as well. As for her design, I'd say make it her NES Ninja Gaiden design that includes her delicious 80's hair, lol

Dr PaC

@CyberEvil thank you for keeping this thread open.

I'd like to see Alpha return, she was definitely a fun character to use and my #2 after Kasumi, I guess there's a slim chance of her returning though, which is a shame. Other characters I would also like to see make the cut would be Leon, old man Gen Fu, Momiji and Rachel. The more the merrier I say, I also don't think they'll cut these characters. They can easily come back as a DLC, similar to how Tekken has made Anna, Lei Wulong, Armor King, Julia, Murdock as DLC. We all know that KT wouldn't miss out on how much money they can make out of that. Only time will tell, I have a feeling we will be seeing these characters return later on down the line, hopefully. Just my 2 cents everyone :)
Just slip Phase some of Apha's best strings, give her Alpha's "Invisible Wall" grab, and her one of her teleport holds and TN will be heroes in my book.

Dr PaC

2 characters in a DLC pack is more than enough.

Irene is a trash character, Mizuki is okay but she kinda sorta looks too similar to Momiji, and Sanji is a child. We cannot break his neck. Jō Hayabusa is just a better pick that is often ignored.

Let’s have the DLC characters either be brand new original characters or legacy characters (In this case only Leon, Ein and maybe Gen Fu in the smallest of maybes). Momiji and Rachel are basically DOA legacy characters now, and I do want Rachel back because I could play her. But I don’t want any other NG character in DOA6
If there's a Ninja Gaiden character I would like to see in DOA (outside of Rachel and Momiji) I'd would like to see Elizebet from NG2. She was a cool villain. Fat chance since shes dead, but I always liked her
1545955435499.png

Keylay

@CyberEvil thank you for keeping this thread open.

I'd like to see Alpha return, she was definitely a fun character to use and my #2 after Kasumi, I guess there's a slim chance of her returning though, which is a shame. Other characters I would also like to see make the cut would be Leon, old man Gen Fu, Momiji and Rachel. The more the merrier I say, I also don't think they'll cut these characters. They can easily come back as a DLC, similar to how Tekken has made Anna, Lei Wulong, Armor King, Julia, Murdock as DLC. We all know that KT wouldn't miss out on how much money they can make out of that. Only time will tell, I have a feeling we will be seeing these characters return later on down the line, hopefully. Just my 2 cents everyone :)

I'm pretty sure Alpha 152 will be in the game.

Reason #1: She's one of the more popular characters. Here's a list I took from a few months ago of the PS4 character rankings. These numbers are the number of people that have played that character and won at least one match online. Lowest to Hightest.

Akira 2585
Bass 2724
Leon 2883
Gen Fu 3259
Bayman 4033
Raidou 4166
Jacky 4170
Pai 4251
Mai 4532
Eliot 4822
Sarah 4942
Brad Wong 5608
Ein 6109
Zack 6733
Rachel 6945
Lisa 7431
Naotora 7829
Lei-Fang 7930
Nyotengu 7960
Helena 8866
Alpha 10075
Kokoro 10322
Rig 10618
Mila 10183
Jan Lee 10538
Tina 10958
Phase4 11489
Momiji 13576
Christie 13986
Hayate 17736
Honoka 17955
Marie Rose 18127
Hitomi 19513
Hayabusa 31192
Ayane 34230
Kasumi 44031

Alpha is 16/36 so I think that's pretty high. Akira is probably the lowest because he's the hardest to use and the ninjas are the highest because they are always free in the Free to play version. So out of the DOA characters that haven't been announced in DOA6, the most to least popular are Momiji, Alpha, Rachel, Ein, Raidou, Gen Fu and Leon.

Reason #2: She has the most unique play style and there's no other character like her. If you play Ein, you still have Hitomi. If no Leon, then there's Bayman. And no Gen Fu, then there's Eliot who know has a few of Gen Fu's moves. But there is no one like Alpha 152.

Reason #3: She's the easiest character for them to implement in the game. She's Kasumi's character model and requires no new costume. Just the jello skin color lol. They can just give her Kasumi's Fatal Rush like they did in with her Power Blow in DOA5. She doesn't require any voice acting.

Reason #4: They never show her die in the DOA5 story. You just see Kasumi's clone stand over and probably realize that she is a clone of Kasumi as well. Similar to Lisa, if they don't actually show or acknowledge that the character is died, she's most likely alive.

And she's probably not included in the 25 costumes that come in the Deluxe pack. They have given her costumes before but I'm guessing that she'll just have different skin colors like she did in the initial release of DOA5. And there's no reason to sell a different skin color especially with the new costume editing mode.

I also believe Phase 4 and Nyotengu aren't part of the 25 character costumes. I'm guessing that e Momiji and Rachel will be the last two characters announced to make the 25 initial roster. Momiji was voted into DOAX3 so she's pretty popular and I doubt that they'll exclude her. Plus, off of the charcter ranking I posted above she was 9/36.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Reason #1: She's one of the more popular characters. Here's a list I took from a few months ago of the PS4 character rankings. These numbers are the number of people that have played that character and won at least one match online. Lowest to Hightest.

Akira 2585
Bass 2724
Leon 2883
Gen Fu 3259
Bayman 4033
Raidou 4166
Jacky 4170
Pai 4251
Mai 4532
Eliot 4822
Sarah 4942
Brad Wong 5608
Ein 6109
Zack 6733
Rachel 6945
Lisa 7431
Naotora 7829
Lei-Fang 7930
Nyotengu 7960
Helena 8866
Alpha 10075
Kokoro 10322
Rig 10618
Mila 10183
Jan Lee 10538
Tina 10958
Phase4 11489
Momiji 13576
Christie 13986
Hayate 17736
Honoka 17955
Marie Rose 18127
Hitomi 19513
Hayabusa 31192
Ayane 34230
Kasumi 44031

Alpha is 16/36 so I think that's pretty high. Akira is probably the lowest because he's the hardest to use and the ninjas are the highest because they are always free in the Free to play version. So out of the DOA characters that haven't been announced in DOA6, the most to least popular are Momiji, Alpha, Rachel, Ein, Raidou, Gen Fu and Leon.

Reason #2: She has the most unique play style and there's no other character like her. If you play Ein, you still have Hitomi. If no Leon, then there's Bayman. And no Gen Fu, then there's Eliot who know has a few of Gen Fu's moves. But there is no one like Alpha 152.

Reason #3: She's the easiest character for them to implement in the game. She's Kasumi's character model and requires no new costume. Just the jello skin color lol. They can just give her Kasumi's Fatal Rush like they did in with her Power Blow in DOA5. She doesn't require any voice acting.

Reason #4: They never show her die in the DOA5 story. You just see Kasumi's clone stand over and probably realize that she is a clone of Kasumi as well. Similar to Lisa, if they don't actually show or acknowledge that the character is died, she's most likely alive.

And she's probably not included in the 25 costumes that come in the Deluxe pack. They have given her costumes before but I'm guessing that she'll just have different skin colors like she did in the initial release of DOA5. And there's no reason to sell a different skin color especially with the new costume editing mode.

I also believe Phase 4 and Nyotengu aren't part of the 25 character costumes. I'm guessing that e Momiji and Rachel will be the last two characters announced to make the 25 initial roster. Momiji was voted into DOAX3 so she's pretty popular and I doubt that they'll exclude her. Plus, off of the charcter ranking I posted above she was 9/36.
She is dead. The false Kasumi was used as a ploy to basically lure Ayane and Hayate in to further steal their fight data for Alpha 152. The lab stage they fight in actually has lenses which is what is taking their fight data over the course of their fight with "Phase 4", which is why as you fight it, it's able to darkly switch its style/appearance as you fight it. That Phase 4 is an advanced version of Alpha 152 which is the same entity, and Kasumi killed it as seen in the final scene of story mode.

Also online rankings isn't what TN uses to determine character popularity, if that was the case all the men ahead of the girls would have received more DLC xD TN uses more general character popularity in regards to who's DLC is purchased the most which they went by with the DLC set up in Ultimate. In LR they switched to focus on the female characters as a whole but even then Alpha didn't receive much which is likely due to her major lack of popularity in Japan.

Also her playstyle imo isn't unique, she's basically a darker inhuman Kasumi with extended strings using her strings connected together into one with a few rapid kicks and attacks from Ayane and alot more grapples from when she was unplayable in DOA4.

Phase 4 has Alpha's rapid kicks and shares commands with her and Kasumi so I'm sure in DOA6 they'll do what they did Eliot and just give Phase a handful of moves from Alpha that would fit her, I mean she is the advanced version of alpha 152 after all with the fight data that Donovan stole in DOA5 xD

Keylay

She is dead. The false Kasumi was used as a ploy to basically lure Ayane and Hayate in to further steal their fight data for Alpha 152. The lab stage they fight in actually has lenses which is what is taking their fight data over the course of their fight with "Phase 4", which is why as you fight it, it's able to darkly switch its style/appearance as you fight it. That Phase 4 is an advanced version of Alpha 152 which is the same entity, and Kasumi killed it as seen in the final scene of story mode.

Also online rankings isn't what TN uses to determine character popularity, if that was the case all the men ahead of the girls would have received more DLC xD TN uses more general character popularity in regards to who's DLC is purchased the most which they went by with the DLC set up in Ultimate. In LR they switched to focus on the female characters as a whole but even then Alpha didn't receive much which is likely due to her major lack of popularity in Japan.

Also her playstyle imo isn't unique, she's basically a darker inhuman Kasumi with extended strings using her strings connected together into one with a few rapid kicks and attacks from Ayane and alot more grapples from when she was unplayable in DOA4.

Phase 4 has Alpha's rapid kicks and shares commands with her and Kasumi so I'm sure in DOA6 they'll do what they did Eliot and just give Phase a handful of moves from Alpha that would fit her, I mean she is the advanced version of alpha 152 after all with the fight data that Donovan stole in DOA5 xD

They never show Alpha get destroyed in DOA5 though. We know for sure that the false Kasumi is dead as they showed Ayane and Hayate kill her. In DOAD, you see Raidou get killed. In DOA2, you can see a few characters take out Tengu (Ryu takes him out in his ending, Gen Fu takes his nose, etc) . In DOA3, you see Ayane burn Genra. In DOA4, they never show Alpha-152 get destroyed hence she appears in DOA5. Neither did they show it DOA5. They did show that that Advanced Alpha Kasumi clone or whatever get killed in the end but that wasn't Alpha 152.

The rankings I posted was to show how more players used her online compared to others. The females will always gets more costumes than the guys because they sell more. You can especially see it in Street Fighter even though the male characters are used more.

Alpha 152 is unique because she is the only feather weight character, doesn't have any counters, no wake up kicks, and does massive throw damage. There's no one else like that in the roster.

It could be possible that they give her moves to Phase 4 but they play a bit different since phase 4 has so many teleport moves in her attacks and Alpha 152 floats so much in her attacks.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They never show Alpha get destroyed in DOA5 though. We know for sure that the false Kasumi is dead as they showed Ayane and Hayate kill her. In DOAD, you see Raidou get killed. In DOA2, you can see a few characters take out Tengu (Ryu takes him out in his ending, Gen Fu takes his nose, etc) . In DOA3, you see Ayane burn Genra. In DOA4, they never show Alpha-152 get destroyed hence she appears in DOA5. Neither did they show it DOA5. They did show that that Advanced Alpha Kasumi clone or whatever get killed in the end but that wasn't Alpha 152.

The rankings I posted was to show how more players used her online compared to others. The females will always gets more costumes than the guys because they sell more. You can especially see it in Street Fighter even though the male characters are used more.

Alpha 152 is unique because she is the only feather weight character, doesn't have any counters, no wake up kicks, and does massive throw damage. There's no one else like that in the roster.

It could be possible that they give her moves to Phase 4 but they play a bit different since phase 4 has so many teleport moves in her attacks and Alpha 152 floats so much in her attacks.
Alpha 152 is "Phase 4" tho in the story mode tho. She's not the Phase 4 who's DLC in 5U but she's the Phase 4 seen in the story mode that Kasumi fights and kills, it wasn't killed by False Kasumi. It reawakened and Kasumi herself killed it.

I can't really disagree with anything else you said since I somewhat agree but I'm just saying the Phase 4 and alpha 152 seen in story mode are indeed one in the same, project alpha in general is no stranger to changing the form of the clones. Kasumi alpha from dead or alive 2/Dimensions is actually alpha 152 as well, but like they did with alpha 152 transforming into phase 4, Kasumi @ was also turned into alpha 152(it's confusing to explain in text form)

TLDR: Kasumi alpha= alpha 152, and alpha 152=Story Mode Phase 4 xD

zoo

Ehh as far as alpha goes do we really need her back? I mean she was a boss in 2 games already. I'd rather they move on from the kasumi clone thing altogether but I guess it's sorta the main thing of DOA. For story I hope she's dead for good but just as a dlc fighter I guess it would satisfy people. Hate the character regardless

Awesmic

Standard Donor
One Kasumi clone for the roster is enough. Clone someone else, TN x'D
I wouldn't mind a cloned harem of Christies myself...

1546103675765.png

But seriously, this whole clone thing with DOATEC's wearing out its welcome. If the focus isn't shifted to something new soon (like maybe the tengu realm since Nyotengu's looking to not be some fluke that got thrown in for no reason), everyone's gonna be a clone of everyone.

N1ce Dreams

Yeah the clone stuff needs to go now. It's cool if they wanna bring back a part of that past but any type of super fighter as a boss that uses other fighters fighting data to be stronger is okay as long as they are their own character with there own appearance. Someone like Raidou.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
After readings these posts it sounds more like a “what kind of direction should the story go in thread” instead of who will be making the final roster, by now we all know who will be making the final cut (Raidou).

Akira 2585
Bass 2724
Leon 2883
Gen Fu 3259
Bayman 4033
Raidou 4166
Jacky 4170
Pai 4251
Mai 4532
Eliot 4822
Sarah 4942
Brad Wong 5608
Ein 6109
Zack 6733
Rachel 6945
Lisa 7431
Naotora 7829
Lei-Fang 7930
Nyotengu 7960
Helena 8866
Alpha 10075
Kokoro 10322
Rig 10618
Mila 10183
Jan Lee 10538
Tina 10958
Phase4 11489
Momiji 13576
Christie 13986
Hayate 17736
Honoka 17955
Marie Rose 18127
Hitomi 19513
Hayabusa 31192
Ayane 34230
Kasumi 44031

Is this a joke or are you actually serious? Alpha DIED in 5’s story. She won’t return and they won’t resurrect her and make her a cyborg lmao. People use alpha because she’s really easy to use and has one of the strongest throws in the game with easy inputs. I love alpha, don’t get me wrong but she is used because she’s easy. Alpha died and won’t return and shouldn’t return. Find a new main.
One Kasumi clone for the roster is enough. Clone someone else, TN x'D
No thanks, the only character that possibly could be canonly cloned is Hayate.
Clone Gen Fu!
Please kys for saying that.. jk jk
Clone Lauren so Leon can be happy again and return as a main roster character
Leon should return, he has so much potential!

Ninoasker

Leon should return, he has so much potential!
He does and I will NEVER forgive TN for throwing Leon’s character to the trash when they could’ve expanded a lot of his bg (especially when he also has connections with Bayman and could’ve used that as a gateway for a new arc for him after the whole Lauren arc. Ffs they could’ve even explored his past with Zack, too!). They completely left him rot while bringing characters like Gen Fu or Brad back over and over when their story was more than finished wtf (Gen Fu and Brad are literally your fighting game token characters at this point. The old chinese master and the drunken pervert, they literally are support characters for Eliot’s story. Thank god Gen Fu is gone already, Eliot’s story didn’t need TWO support characters at all!).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I used Alpha because she was an absolute beast and fun to play... Not because she was easy. Love Team NINJA's bosses. Try Tengu in DOA4 for another fun one, or Raidou in DOA1.

Hoping that Alpha will come back isn't a good idea because it won't happen. The biggest hope one can have is that Phase 4 will inherit some moves that I just loved.

Phase 4 has room for some of Alpha's offensive holds. Was a big fan of break and rush.

A lot of people tried mirroring me over the years with Alpha with the "I can do this too" attitude and they got fucking destroyed. It is easy to win a quick game with her, but there is a clear skill level with the character like any other character.

The only Alpha mirror I remember losing was nightpup. Murdered the rest... Hollow included, but he's a lot better now so maybe that's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD