Why do you guys hate DOA4¿

Murakame

Some characters can literally say fuck you to SE. like if you are playing as kasumi and ppl are slow escaping your setups you should seriously consider another character no joke. Kokoro on the other hand has to hit with a high or 33P before her launchers if she wants to use 7k 4P+K or any of her mid p launchers. on a SE opponent the kokoro player is using 9P 6KP at threshold or 3KP mid stun to launch.

Jefffcore

As soon as someone maxes out the threshold or goes for a launch, you either hold and risk being thrown, or don't hold and risk being launched for even more damage. I dunno about anyone else, but I'm still probably gonna hold. DOA5 doesn't do anything to stop me from wanting to hold, so you're still doing the same guessing that you did in 4. The only difference is that the amount you have to do it is less. The issue is still the same.

SEing is definitely weaker. You can SE everything in 4.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
It really is. There are a lot of stuns you are forced to hold or not do anything because you just can't shake the stun. Lift stuns especially.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jefffcore said:
You could almost SE absolutely everything in DOA4 if you were fast enough.

I agree. I was able to SE out of most of the stuns in Doa4. In Doa5 you can't escape as many stuns.

Chaos

I agree. I was able to SE out of most of the stuns in Doa4. In Doa5 you can't escape as many stuns.
Thats why I think SE pointless and try using it would make you throw out an counter hold accidentally which is a big risk.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thats why I think SE pointless and try using it would make you throw out an counter hold accidentally which is a big risk.
-As a big advocate of Stagger Escape during the Doa4 era(Very few believed me when I said it was going to be a prominent technique), this is one of the few things I would like increased in Doa5. I would have hoped they left it Doa4 style, while removing many of the critical hold situations. This is beside the point. SE have its purpose in Doa5, its just not as important as it once was.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
-As a big advocate of Stagger Escape during the Doa4 era(Very few believed me when I said it was going to be a prominent technique), this is one of the few things I would like increased in Doa5. I would have hoped they left it Doa4 style, while removing many of the critical hold situations. This is beside the point. SE have its purpose in Doa5, its just not as important as it once was.

I'd say it's a hell of a lot more important, honestly.

Currently in 5, it is the ONLY WAY out of a lot of otherwise guaranteed damage situations.

In 4, it was simply a side-option to the hold.

synce

I never SE'd in DOA4 but I will agree that SE is a waste of effort in DOA5. Just throw out a counter real quick and you'll be blocking quicker than it would take to SE many of the strings in this game, or better yet you get some damage out of it. :cool:

If no one's tried it, just go into a match and spam counters like crazy. You may surprised at how much more effective it is than trying to play DOA like a real fighting game.

Allan Paris

I never SE'd in DOA4 but I will agree that SE is a waste of effort in DOA5. Just throw out a counter real quick and you'll be blocking quicker than it would take to SE many of the strings in this game, or better yet you get some damage out of it. :cool:

If no one's tried it, just go into a match and spam counters like crazy. You may surprised at how much more effective it is than trying to play DOA like a real fighting game.

you could do this same shit in 4. it is also just as effective in 5. you know with them adjusting holds and all you'd think this problem was fixed. i was playing against the ai in 5 and it was doing it, so i thought it was just a cpu thing. whelp, to my surprise humans can do it too. i will admit they can't do it from all stuns but it can still be done from the lot of them.

... this game is ass.

Some characters can literally say fuck you to SE. like if you are playing as kasumi and ppl are slow escaping your setups you should seriously consider another character no joke.

Please elaborate on this just a little. I hope it makes sense.

Berzerk!

BZZ... says more about your opponents. Tell you what. You spam counters and I'll spam throws. Lets see how it goes.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Spamming throws is not a good idea in my opinion, unless if you like getting blown into to nearby walls.

- Bokuho

Raansu

The funny thing is, throws are designed to be one of the primary forms of punishment, but throws are so damn slow that its actually riskier to throw than it is to hold. Not to mention, more than half the time a throw resets a situation to either a 50/50 or it puts your opponent on the ground and now you have to deal with a wake up kick. Of course certain characters have throws that actually lead into good setups, but those are far and few in between.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'd like to say the same thing for spamming counters, if I may. Spamming in general can get you screwed, especially if your back is touching the wall (then again, I'm sure we all know this).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD