Why is it that the new costumes seem to be dull?

Barzebrag

Why does it seem as if the new costumes in DOA seem to be bland and average instead of it being unique like the Ayane warriors orochi costume or the holloween costumes.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Apparently TN has to pay for something using the scantily clad outfits. We are still trying to find out what the hell that is because it sure as hell isnt the core game itself.

Barzebrag

Very true. To this day I'm still waiting for them to fix the netcode, instead were getting more costumes. To this very day I've only brought 3 costumes

KwonJigglypuff

They're problably running out of ideas or want to keep the good ideas for the future.

I believe the pack in June will be the last one ever for DOA5 and they will then stop to support the game to focus on something new.
I know working on DLCs and patches doesn't require a big team to work on it, but E3 is coming and they will need their full ressource to create and promote new stuff...

DOA5 Vanilla came out in September 2012, maybe it's time for them to move on.

Argentus

Why does it seem as if the new costumes in DOA seem to be bland and average instead of it being unique like the Ayane warriors orochi costume or the holloween costumes.
Mostly because aside from fan made costumes, they are just cheap cashgrabs. Japanese games are notorious for that kind of dlc.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I hope the new costumes are better. Ninja pack and Senran Kagura pack were pretty good. Ultimate was kinda like

"Meh hoahah everyone is a cop oops now they are reindeer. we add guyz now"
Vanilla was pretty good with the DLC, a four-costume pack with costumes that MOST of them weren't copy-and-paste and they suited the characters.

Argentus

I hope the new costumes are better. Ninja pack and Senran Kagura pack were pretty good. Ultimate was kinda like

"Meh hoahah everyone is a cop oops now they are reindeer. we add guyz now"
Vanilla was pretty good with the DLC, a four-costume pack with costumes that MOST of them weren't copy-and-paste and they suited the characters.
Yeah aside from a couple, Ultimates dlc life cycle was just crap after crap after crap. Even the dlc characters didn't fair better.

Token loli (at least her move set is original) who's so generic you can't tell her apart from other lolis when you see art of her

Kasumi number 4 or 5 but with a smoke effect this time!

Genderbend of a past monster into a stereotypical Japanese noblewoman.

Copycat fighter released alongside the original copycat fighter for double what the fuckery.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Yeah aside from a couple, Ultimates dlc life cycle was just crap after crap after crap. Even the dlc characters didn't fair better.

Token loli (at least her move set is original) who's so generic you can't tell her apart from other lolis when you see art of her

Kasumi number 4 or 5 but with a smoke effect this time!

Genderbend of a past monster into a stereotypical Japanese noblewoman.

Copycat fighter released alongside the original copycat fighter for double what the fuckery.
Yeah I think I saw concept art for Nyotengu and Marie Rose on this website at some point, and they should have gone for one of those. Marie looks too much like Katja and WHY HASN'T NYO GOT A LONG NOSE AND STUFFZ? I'm guessing one parent was a tengu and the other was a human because THAT WOULD EXPLAIN IT >.<

THERE'S SO MANY KASUMI CLONES TOO. As my friend said whilst we were playing DOA4 "Where's the drunk guy's clone?" When I first played DOA4 i expected each member in story mode to fight Alpha clones of themselves and not just Kasumi >.< of course that was when I didn't know much about DOA... (i pronounced almost THE ENTIRE CAST'S names wrong too xD Ayane was pronounced "I-yane" and not "I-yan-eh" and Hitomi was "Hih-tommy" and not "Hih tomie" for example.

Raidou and Honoka are alright, I just wished they weren't copycats... idc if Honoka's the biggest or not WHY ISN'T SHE A PIRATE?

Barzebrag

I agree that some costumes were good. But the ones that weren't fan made could have been better. And character wise, I have wanted a priest character like goenitz in DOA ever since I got it. When I saw Claudio for TEKKEN 7 I said 'Why isn't this character In DOA. I was also one of the people that wanted more male characters and I was kinda happy with Raidou.

Macca Beam

Apparently TN has to pay for something using the scantily clad outfits. We are still trying to find out what the hell that is because it sure as hell isnt the core game itself.
Stages, arcade port, arcade maintenance, tourney prize pools, 6's development, etc etc.
So for the home version you get gullible people paying for your stages, and the (generally better) costume packs that don't get enough sales eventually become free as well. There's so much good, free shit in this game it isn't funny.

Last edited:

Kronin

They're problably running out of ideas or want to keep the good ideas for the future.

I believe the pack in June will be the last one ever for DOA5 and they will then stop to support the game to focus on something new.
I know working on DLCs and patches doesn't require a big team to work on it, but E3 is coming and they will need their full ressource to create and promote new stuff...

DOA5 Vanilla came out in September 2012, maybe it's time for them to move on.

Tom Lee already hinted that they will support DoA5LR for a long time just because a sequel is not close with Last Round being the last of the DoA5 series. We could already be sure that the game would have got a support for at least 1 year/1 year and half as happened for Vanilla and Ultimate, but at this point his words could mean even a longer period.

KwonJigglypuff

Tom Lee already hinted that they will support DoA5LR for a long time just because a sequel is not close with Last Round being the last of the DoA5 series. We could already be sure that the game would have got a support for at least 1 year/1 year and half as happened for Vanilla and Ultimate, but at this point his words could mean even a longer period.

I think he was talking about the competitive scene, but you could be right. :)

Kronin

I think he was talking about the competitive scene, but you could be right. :)

It's true that they have already hinted about the presence of Battle Royal even in the 2016, but Tom Lee made that statement just after to have talked of new DLC and the possibility to include new characters and stages (and also, everything in an interview for the most about the casual aspects). Be sure that he was including even DLC outfits, no reason to stop them preamturely until players are buying them.

KwonJigglypuff

It's true that they have already hinted about the presence of Battle Royal even in the 2016, but Tom Lee made that statement just after to have talked of new DLC and the possibility to include new characters and stages (and also, everything in an interview for the most about the casual aspects). Be sure that he was including even DLC outfits, no reason to stop them preamturely until players are buying them.

Oh okay then, thanks for the info!
Well, Ms. "Lisa Hamilton" Monday, here I am.

Kronin

@KwonJigglypuff These are the exact words of Tom Lee that I was mentioning:

"Dead or Alive 5: Last Round has plenty of costumes and glasses on disc. Team Ninja plans to add more content as DLC "But it won’t be limited to costumes," Lee said. "We’re discussing other kinds of content too. It’s still in discussion mode. Without committing and don’t hold my word to it, but don’t be surprised if there are new stages and characters. It is the last version, but we want to extend the experience as long as possible. It’ll be a while before the next thing is."

Here the full interview: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/1...inja-brought-raidou-back/#5JfxCsqo3WJGRrLb.99"

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD