Would you play doa if it was a 2D fighter ?

would you still play ?

• Total voters
I'm afraid I wouldn't be very fond of it if it was in a 2D platform. I'm not very good to begin with, I would probably be worse if it played like SF or something! xD

Brute

Standard Donor
In the end it boils down to: "Does it look good?" "Does it play well?" and "Does it feel right?"

My inclination is that regarding a 2D DoA, the answer to all of those questions would be: "no." But if they made it and the answer to those questions was still "yes" somehow then sure, I'd play it. But I don't think that would be very likely.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Awesmic said:
I chose the hidden answer that transcends logic:

"When you think about it, we've already played a 2D DOA game."

-Yes you are correct. The DOA series up until DOA3.1 was pretty much a 2D fighter with some 3D elements!

Argentus

I wouldn't to be honest. Characters like Christie or Bayman will have to play ddifferently because they wwon't have their stances (well this would mostly effect Christie because her jak has many of her mixup and other moves)
Umm...actually I remember in gun dam battle assault 2, a standard 2d fighter, that some characters had an "evade" where the would shift to the foreground/background to avoid attacks. I could see Christies stance working like that in 2d.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD