Xbox One Core Fighters costs money to download

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
That's been known for a while now. XBL only offers trials as free games outside Games with Gold (or whatever the program is called, I really should know this by now). It's all about how Microsoft likes to screw around with their policies and also why PS3 also initially was the only console to have Core Fighters.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There is a free trial on Xbox One. Core Fighters is at cost, hence why there are bonus characters for a couple weeks. Free to play on 360 is the problem since this is also a last generation game. Xbox One has several free to play games already.

Last edited:

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
its kinda stupid to pay money for the core version just to pay money to upgrade per character. Just get the full version XD

anyways ps4 version it is.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
This right here is why people don't like microsoft, you are going to need to pay for a f2p smh
There are several free to play games on Xbox One including third party ones. It's not as simple as blaming Microsoft.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In addition, by paying for the Core Fighters on Xbox One you get twice as many starting fighters as you would on the PS3/4 versions. You're effectively paying for the additional fighters.

Mokyu

Except it's not. Take a peek through the free games on Xbox One.
Saying they have free games on the store isn't a good argument point
Microsoft is the one charging for Core Fighters since they feel they could give a free trial instead

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Saying they have free games on the store isn't a good argument point
Microsoft is the one charging for Core Fighters since they feel they could give a free trial instead
...except there is also a free trial.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Emphasis on the word "trial."
No it's the same as the normal one on PSN only you can't add to it. If you want to buy more characters you get four extras for five bucks. The rest are ala carte. Better deal all around and you may as well just buy the game if you're on this site anyway.

Mokyu

Emphasis on the word "trial."
That was my initial thought, but I just did some research and Cyber is right

The XB1 free trial is almost the same as PSN Core Fighters (minus a couple useless features) except you have to buy Core Fighters on XB1 if you want to add DLC. The free trial doesn't allow add-ons

I wonder if the free trial is limited in play amount in some way though

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's not.

Given that characters are likely to be around $4 on either console one at a time, the paid version of Core Fighters on Xbox One is a huge steal since you get an extra four characters for that $5 buy-in.

werewolfgold

It's out of my purview (I'm on PS3/4) but what's the point of having the trial and the core fighters, both different from how it works on PS3/4? It's pretty easy to understand what you're getting with either, but it just seems to be needlessly complicated given that the Sony platforms only have the one.

What is it in Microsoft's policies that is making TN do this? It wouldn't seem like this is of their own accord since it's only creating more work for them to deviate from how the model works on PS3/4.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD