Xbox One Core Fighters costs money to download

TLEE SAID THIS:

$10 on Xbox One, but free on PS4. Does anybody know the rationale behind this decision? Xbox One does have free-to-play games such as Warframe, so I don't see why Core Fighters has to have a price tag.

Will 1/4 of the cast and story be made accessible? And if so, which characters will be available?

Kronin

Team NINJA between the lines said that the reason for the Core Fighters of DoA5U not being included in the Xbox 360 was related to Microsoft's policy. For DoA5LR seem that they were able to reach an agreement with them, so on Xbox One we got DoA5LR Trial Version and DoA5LR Core Fighters.

DoA5LR Trial Version is a game completely free, but actually is more as an half demo: you have access to Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate and Hayabusa, you can also play online, but all the locked contents can't be unlocked (so there is no possibility to buy other characters, music ecc...).

DoA5LR Core Fighters for Xbox One is a paid version, but it's something more of the CF on PS3. Indeed you have access to Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate and Hayabusa, you can play online, you can buy the locked contents (the other characters, music, movies, ecc..) and in addition you have unlocked even 4 further characters (Tina, Bass, Jann Lee and Hitomi) so for a total of 8 characters available since the start.

Last edited:

TLEE SAID THIS:

Thanks for the fast information, Kronin. But in my opinion, having a price tag on Core Fighters really is unfair. If you don't play any of the given characters, you're essentially paying $14+ for the game and a character you like. On PS4, it would be a lot cheaper because you're only paying $4+.

It's like being fined for having an Xbox One. Goddammit Microsoft.

Kronin

Thanks for the fast information, Kronin. But in my opinion, having a price tag on Core Fighters really is unfair. If you don't play any of the given characters, you're essentially paying $14+ for the game and a character you like. On PS4, it would be a lot cheaper because you're only paying $4+.

It's like being fined for having an Xbox One. Goddammit Microsoft.

You're welcome =)

And yes I agree, you are paying getting more content but it's not said that you wish for it: so in the end you could still pay for something excessive and/or that you don't want, and this goes just against the same principle to choose a "slim" version of the game (for paying less because not interested to the full product).

PS: Another thing, I'm not sure if in the Free Trial you can use DLC outfits.

HaKaShU

While this doesn't change much I would like to point out that the paid version of Core Fighters was actually $5 during launch week rather than the $10. At that price it definitely was a steal for someone who doesn't want the full game.

With all that being said, I've actually had a better experience on the Xbox One in terms of finding ranked matches or just overall online experience. I know ranked matches aren't everything but at times I sit in training on the PS4 and it never finds any matches. Lobby matches work fine on both consoles. I've also hit more laggy games on the PS4 in comparison to the Xbox One.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD