Xbox360 1.03 patch delayed until February

Skilletor

No.

On topic: I don't mind waiting a while longer. I'd rather TN have things right "this time" instead of re-releasing the patch with another error again.

Yeah, let's keep a janky, horribly implemented, seems-like-a-glitchy-anyway, stupid ass mechanic that actually allows my opponent to escape faster from a mistake they made. Slow escape always seemed like an accident anyway.
You're right. When many of us have been lobbying for more guaranteed damage, we should be angry when the ability to get more of it is accidentally added.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Let me correctly hit confirm my 3H+K on you multiple times and see if you'll still be thinking the same way. I guarantee you that you won't.
Yeah, let's keep a janky, horribly implemented, seems-like-a-glitchy-anyway, stupid ass mechanic that actually allows my opponent to escape faster from a mistake they made. Slow escape always seemed like an accident anyway.
You're right. When many of us have been lobbying for more guaranteed damage, we should be angry when the ability to get more of it is accidentally added.

Let me hit confirm my 3H+K on you multiple times and see if you'll still be thinking the same way. I guarantee you that you'll be begging for an alternative outside of holds because you will never hold my followups after I hit you with 3H+K. And that's a fact.

Skilletor

I'll still be thinking the same way. That's a fact.

Are you talking Ayane? I can only assume by your avatar.

Your assumption seems like something somebody who only plays DoA would say. If I'm getting hit repeatedly by the same move, I deserve what's coming. Especially one a relatively slow as Ayane's 3H+K. Sounds like you should be rewarded for hitting me with it.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Let me correctly hit confirm my 3H+K on you multiple times and see if you'll still be thinking the same way. I guarantee you that you won't.

Let me hit confirm my 3H+K on you multiple times and see if you'll still be thinking the same way. I guarantee you that you'll be begging for an alternative outside of holds because you will never hold my followups after I hit you with 3H+K. And that's a fact.

Sounds good to me.

Seriously man, I want you to be able to do that stuff. Why be against it? Feeling guilty or something? That shits awesome!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Sounds good to me.

Seriously man, I want you to be able to do that stuff. Why be against it? Feeling guilty or something? That shits awesome!

No, nothing to feel guilty about, I don't really care if slow escape/stagger escape stays in or not. I'm playing this game competitively regardless of this minor change stays or goes.

It just seems like everyone (who isn't anyone notable really) whin so much. Next thing you know we'll have people whinning about having holds removed, which makes DOA, DOA.

Skilletor

No, nothing to feel guilty about, I don't really care if slow escape/stagger escape stays in or not. I'm playing this game competitively regardless of this minor change stays or goes.

It just seems like everyone (who isn't anyone notable really) whin so much. Next thing you know we'll have people whinning about having holds removed, which makes DOA, DOA.

I have no idea what this has to do with what I said.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'll still be thinking the same way. That's a fact.

Are you talking Ayane? I can only assume by your avatar.

Your assumption seems like something somebody who only plays DoA would say. If I'm getting hit repeatedly by the same move, I deserve what's coming. Especially one a relatively slow as Ayane's 3H+K. Sounds like you should be rewarded for hitting me with it.

Are you assuming that the only game I play or have played is DOA?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well the DOA community always has its phase of "holds in stun blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa kill it with fire!"

It has come before, im sure it will come again. But this particular "glitch" gives people a way to avoid that annoyance in a very legit manner without having to deal with holds in stun to such an extent. At the same time they have to limit themselves to specific moves, making them more predictable in the process... and I think most of us are totally ok with that.

Skilletor

Are you assuming that the only game I play or have played is DOA?

No, just that what you said sounds like something a person who has only played DoA would say. You're pretty much saying that I will be bitching that you're getting damage because I fucked up. That's a DoA mentality if ever I heard it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@Rikuto: Yeah, I'm fine with that, I feel the same way about it. I don't like my stuns being SE'd. People are just whinning too much is all.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No, just that what you said sounds like something a person who has only played DoA would say. You're pretty much saying that I will be bitching that you're getting damage because I fucked up. That's a DoA mentality if ever I heard it.

A DOA mentality, lol. Sure, if you say so.

Nate

I'm with Rikuto on this one. Slow escaping/stagger escaping is entirely part of DOA and is needed, imho. So what's the big deal if that forces you to learn your character better so you know what follow-ups can't be shaken? Sure, it may not be the follow-up you want, but hey, I want to be able to power blow in 1-frame but that isn't happening, either. (p.s. I totally love Hayate's power blow. I AM TEH WIND LULZ)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So is it a "DOA mentality" if I'm playing Tsubaki in Blazblue and block Jin's DP (C version) who has no meter to rapid cancel it to be safe for a Fatal Counter?

Skilletor

So is it a "DOA mentality" if I'm playing Tsubaki in Blazblue and block Jin's DP (C version) who has no meter to rapid cancel it to be safe for a Fatal Counter?

I don't understand the question. In your situation you've blocked an attack that leaves your opponent at heavy disadvantage (meter permitting). What does this have to do with a situation in DoA where you stun me and I can SE my way out of it?

A comparable situation in BB would be people wanting infinite bursts no matter the situation.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It has "everything" to do with this situation LMAO!!

That same example I just gave you is the same situation as a sitdown stun into guaranteed damage.

Good day sir.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm with Rikuto on this one. Slow escaping/stagger escaping is entirely part of DOA and is needed, imho. So what's the big deal if that forces you to learn your character better so you know what follow-ups can't be shaken? Sure, it may not be the follow-up you want, but hey, I want to be able to power blow in 1-frame but that isn't happening, either. (p.s. I totally love Hayate's power blow. I AM TEH WIND LULZ)

uhh... well, are you? Because I LIKE the glitch... the glitch being that which prevents you from slow escaping out of sit downs. I mean I couldn't care less about lighter stuns, but sit downs are whats truly effected here and those need to stay inescapable.

Skilletor

It has "everything" to do with this situation LMAO!!

That same example I just gave you is the same situation as a sitdown stun into guaranteed damage.

Good day sir.

How is it the same? In your BB example I've blocked an attack, the opponent has no meter, and I can punish the uppercut. In DoA, I've been HIT with an attack and can escape the ensuing combo.

It could be that I don't understand your terminology. I haven't played Blazblue since the first one.

Rapid slash is the equivalent of a Roman cancel, correct?

What is a fatal counter?

In your example, does Tsubaki not get a guaranteed punish on the blocked uppercut since Jin has no meter to cancel it?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
When I look back through some of the previous posts. I thought peeps wanted no slow escaping on "everything". My bad.

Yeah, sitdown stuns shouldn't be slow escapable at all.

@Skilletor: Don't worry about it, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD