Xbox360 1.03 patch delayed until February

Nate

uhh... well, are you? Because I LIKE the glitch... the glitch being that which prevents you from slow escaping out of sit downs. I mean I couldn't care less about lighter stuns, but sit downs are whats truly effected here and those need to stay inescapable.

Guess I misread you. In my defense, it's 2am and I've been drinking Captain. Nevertheless, then I'm on the other side of the street. I think stuns should indeed be shaken, as long as max shake doesn't make any follow-up not possible. Hayate's 3PP can only be followed up with launcher of 33K, anything else can be shaken, but that's okay to me. Does Bayman have a sit down that gets totally wrecked from shake?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
When I look back to through some of the previous posts. I though peeps wanted no slow escaping on "everything". My bad.

Yeah, sitdown stuns shouldn't be slow escapable at all.

@Skilletor: Don't worry about it, lol.

All I really care about is the sit down situation, which frankly is the only major situation that is effected here. The lighter stuns always end up being a crap shoot guessing game anyway, so why worry about it?

If I can get unstaggerable sit downs with the price of lighter stuns also being unstaggerable, I will take it.

If I can get unstaggerable sit downs with lighter stuns being staggerable, I'll take that too.

I'll pretty much take those unstaggerable sit downs any way I can get them. They are that important.

Skilletor

All I really care about is the sit down situation, which frankly is the only major situation that is effected here. The lighter stuns always end up being a crap shoot guessing game anyway, so why worry about it?

If I can get unstaggerable sit downs with the price of lighter stuns also being unstaggerable, I will take it.

If I can get unstaggerable sit downs with lighter stuns being staggerable, I'll take that too.

I'll pretty much take those unstaggerable sit downs any way I can get them. They are that important.

This.

Nate

They are the source of massive damage. Nobody wants to lose that. I feel like Hayate is godlike right now. I can only imagine what great Bayman setups you may have found.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Guess I misread you. In my defense, it's 2am and I've been drinking Captain. Nevertheless, then I'm on the other side of the street. I think stuns should indeed be shaken, as long as max shake doesn't make any follow-up not possible. Hayate's 3PP can only be followed up with launcher of 33K, anything else can be shaken, but that's okay to me. Does Bayman have a sit down that gets totally wrecked from shake?

Bayman is actually a total exception here. His setups are so good already that he can already get his guaranteed extension and launch. So this does not effect me in any way shape or form. It's just beautiful as hell for everybody else and I want them to be able to do it.

Batcommander

Bayman is actually a total exception here. His setups are so good already that he can already get his guaranteed extension and launch. So this does not effect me in any way shape or form. It's just beautiful as hell for everybody else and I want them to be able to do it.
Oh, i am in the same boat; Lisa's sitdown is guaranteed as well. However, i recognize how important this glitch is to the game; yesterday i SE'd a sitdown and held the CB attempt, and while it was great for me, i know it was completely stupid.

TN should go ahead and throw those stumbling stuns into the SE proof pile as well!

DR2K

Let me hit confirm my 3H+K on you multiple times and see if you'll still be thinking the same way. I guarantee you that you'll be begging for an alternative outside of holds because you will never hold my followups after I hit you with 3H+K. And that's a fact.

FYq7M.gif

I can block and punish or hold if you get cute with it.

Zeo

Pretty much with Rikuto and Fork on this one. You can make all the other stuns stay staggerable, I can live with that. But all unholdable stuns should be exactly that and guarantee a CB at least.

If they patch out everything else involving the glitch and keep unholdable stuns unholdable and inescapable, then I'm still happy.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
FYq7M.gif

I can block and punish or hold if you get cute with it.

I don't get cute with my damage bro.

@Rikuto: Yeah I misread a post earlier, I know what you and some others meant now. When the game first released I was under the assumption that sitdown stuns weren't slow escapable. But that was a lie. So I would like for those to be unescapable. It's bad enough my character has to dash in first BEFORE I can hit them.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Also, it was brought to my attention earlier by Dawnbringer that Ayane received two offensive holds in her movelist, BT6H+P and BT1H+P(?). They are listed as such in her movelist but do not have actual OH properties. If these two moves are suppose to be OHs, they need to be made as such.

Doug Nguyen

Also, it was brought to my attention earlier by Dawnbringer that Ayane received two offensive holds in her movelist, BT6H+P and BT1H+P(?). They are listed as such in her movelist but do not have actual OH properties. If these two moves are suppose to be OHs, they need to be made as such.
Wait they added two offensive holds in the new patch?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This is what Dawnbringer said. If you look at Ayane's throws in her movelist, BT6H+P and BT1H+P are listed as offensive holds, but they still behave as regular throws. So I'm just assuming that was an error. But BT6H+P should be an OH anyway, it's bad without OH status.

Brute

Standard Donor
According to the official patch notes, she was not supposed to receive any new offensive holds.

Hopefully they didn't try to sneak any in there unnoticed. She doesn't need new OHs, imo.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah, I know, that's why I was surprised to hear she has OHs listed in her movelist. And BT6H+P needs to be an OH.

Omegan Eckhart

Removing slow escaping entirely is a stupid idea. All I would need to do is land one stun hit and just alternate between high's, mid's and low till the match is over. I'm sure every has played someone who just tried to poke you to death it's fucking retarded. Slow escaping is the exactly what is needed for that situation.

Now whether or not sit down stuns should be slow escapable is debatable. If you couldn't their frame advantage would need to be reduced as you could just link sit down stuns together to land CB.

If that's what you want then why are you playing DOA in the first place?

Zeo

Removing slow escaping entirely is a stupid idea. All I would need to do is land one stun hit and just alternate between high's, mid's and low till the match is over. I'm sure every has played someone who just tried to poke you to death it's fucking retarded. Slow escaping is the exactly what is needed for that situation.

Now whether or not sit down stuns should be slow escapable is debatable. If you couldn't their frame advantage would need to be reduced as you could just link sit down stuns together to land CB.

If that's what you want then why are you playing DOA in the first place?
B: This I agree with, slow escaping should remain in the game for those particular stuns, however...

R: Sit-down stuns should not be escapeable, period. Not SE-able, not holdable, nothing. If you get hit by a sit-down stun, you should be punished for it, end of story. That's how it was supposed to be to begin with and all this "glitch" does is give us what TN said they were going to give us to begin with guaranteed damage. As for chaining sit-downs, few characters are able to fully take advantage of that and those that do typically have a rather large windup for the initial sit-down attack.

G: We want all the core mechanics that make DOA, DOA to stay there. But we also want what we were promised, guaranteed situations for every character. As a Helena player I'm surprised you of all people aren't supporting this.

Omegan Eckhart

B: This I agree with, slow escaping should remain in the game for those particular stuns, however...

R: Sit-down stuns should not be escapeable, period. Not SE-able, not holdable, nothing. If you get hit by a sit-down stun, you should be punished for it, end of story. That's how it was supposed to be to begin with and all this "glitch" does is give us what TN said they were going to give us to begin with guaranteed damage. As for chaining sit-downs, few characters are able to fully take advantage of that and those that do typically have a rather large windup for the initial sit-down attack.

G: We want all the core mechanics that make DOA, DOA to stay there. But we also want what we were promised, guaranteed situations for every character. As a Helena player I'm surprised you of all people aren't supporting this.
Sit down stuns guarantee what they are designed to guarantee, this glitch makes sit down stuns guarantee anything. It's that which I don't support.

Jann Lee's F+K being +30 something? That's complete overkill. I would happy if sit down stuns were not slow escapable but TN would need to reduce the advantage from all stuns to balance it out.

All of Helena's stuns going from guaranteeing 3P only to guaranteeing 9P or 9K? That would be great.

All of Helena's stuns being +23 and guaranteeing CB? No that would be too much.

All Helena's sit down stuns being linkable into CB? Sit down stun > sit down stun > sit down stun > CB? Then it's no longer DOA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD