Xbox360 1.03 patch delayed until February

FocusDMR

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0123.html

In update Ver1.03 for the Playstation 3 released on January 22, 2013, an issue with stagger escaping (slow escapes) during critical has been discovered, preventing users from enjoying the intended design of DOA5 during normal play. we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

As a result, we have halted the Xbox 360 update originally scheduled for January 29th, 2013, and plan to release a corrected update for both Playstation 3 and Xbox360 systems sometime in February.

The "hotties swimware" and "zack island stage" DLC for the Xbox 360 will also be released the same time in February.

Our deepest regrets for the inconvenience this has caused and we appriciate your continued support

Team Ninja

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The issue is apparently you can't stagger escape in versus/online matches. People are still researching it, but for example I couldn't stagger escape guard Gen Fu's CH :3::P::P: :3::P+K: last night. It looks like back turned stuns such as Kasumi's :H+K: and sit-downs aren't stagger escape-able, or at the very least not at fastest speed.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Last night, I was in the lab & then I did several H+K moves on foe's back turned. I tried them both on fastest & on somebody. I kept getting combos after them when they tried to slow escape. It works the same on FT, but foe's back turned I got like 4 sets of combos after it. With the main 1 being H+K 66P which is guaranteed. Then got H+K 9K & that also works on FT . Then I got H+K KK7K 6P+K P KK7K 6P+KKK. That's what I had found.

Edit: Sorry I didnt mean to put that last part. That was a string in it. But H+K 9K was the new thing I found along with h+k 66P off foe back turned.. Then H+K 6K from foe's back turned.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Last night, I was in the lab & then I did several H+K moves on BT. I tried them both on fastest & on somebody. I kept getting combos after them when they tried to slow escape. It works the same on FT, but BT I got like 4 sets of combos after it. With the main 1 being H+K 66P which is guaranteed. Then got H+K 9K & that also works on FT . Then I got H+K KK7K 6P+K P KK7K 6P+KKK. That's what I had found.

Edit: Sorry I didnt mean to put that last part. But H+K 9K was the new thing I found along with h+k 66P off BT

Not sure I understand even half of that, but keep in mind that back turned stuns leave the opponent front turned at the final frames so if you're hitting them on those last few frames then you're scoring a FT hit. Which means they could technically hold the attack but most likely are not going to.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Not sure I understand even half of that, but keep in mind that back turned stuns leave the opponent front turned at the final frames so if you're hitting them on those last few frames then you're scoring a FT hit. Which means they could technically hold the attack but most likely are not going to.
Wow -__- I editied wrong again. I meant when opponent back turned. But yeah thats what I found. Sorry about that.

Edit: I re-edited the 1st paragraph.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I'm sad as well; however, a working product is better than a broken one. Guess I'll just have to find other activities.

Dave

I just can't believe this wasn't seen before release after all the time it took them. Kinda disappointing.

Allan Paris

It looks like back turned stuns such as Kasumi's :H+K: and sit-downs aren't stagger escape-able, or at the very least not at fastest speed.

You can't stagger escape out of that stun if she hits you with that kick. Now the sit-down stuns may be true that you can't SE them. I was put into 2 of them last night and I couldn't do anything about them. I wrote it off because I thought it was online being shitty as usual.

xDIchigo99

Does someone of you know how to download the Zacks Island Stage, because today I installed the patch 1.03 and can not find the stage?

Vanity Assassin

This really does piss me off, I was so looking forward to the patch and the changes in Helena, now I have to wait even longer for that and all the other changes, hopefully we get it sooner in Feb then later

Ghosty-J

In update Ver1.03 for the Playstation 3 released on January 22, 2013, an issue with stagger escaping (slow escapes) during critical has been discovered, preventing users from enjoying the intended design of DOA5 during normal play. we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

As a result, we have halted the Xbox 360 update originally scheduled for January 29th, 2013, and plan to release a corrected update for both Playstation 3 and Xbox360 systems sometime in February.

Our deepest regrets for the inconvenience this has caused and we appriciate your continued support

Team Ninja

tumblr_m4c4bfcGim1r592i0.gif

Extremely unfortunate, but we're not perfect after all. Talk about heartbreaking though :/

Does someone of you know how to download the Zacks Island Stage, because today I installed the patch 1.03 and can not find the stage?

You can download it on the PSN store for free.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD