Yeah! Japans Best Mai Tech thread

Roobaca

So I was in the lab trying to discover hidden moves or tech and I here's what I found

:s::s::s: third :s: can be canceled into 214:P:, 214:P::+::K:, etc. The only "good" use I found to this is as a finisher for 66:T: but it doesnt deal as much damage as other finishers

On jump forward :K::K:

This as we now causes a bound but instead of doing regular 66:K: or on jump :K::P:, 6:h::+::K: is I think a better tool and here's where the fun part beggins

After this 2:P:, 1:P:, 1:K:, 2:K: and 8:P:can hit opponent on the ground preventing them from doing a wake up kick and getting get an advantage of +5, +4 or +10 if u used 2:P: (if opponent tech backwards if opponent techs sideways is a +5)

Another tool if u know that ur opponent will tech after 6:h::+::K:, then :P: (whiffs), 1:K:, 4:h::+::K: and 66:K: become unblockables. 1:K: can be chained but follow ups are unsafe same with 4:h::+::K: so be careful. I do hope that they make 66:K: a +1 if so this would be an excelent tool. Note: this only works if opponet tech backwards (??)

And well thats what I found. If this was already talked about anywhere sorry if I didnt see it lol if not I hope it help us all to prove that Mai is trully Japans best. Do u guys have discovered anything else? Cya

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
So I was in the lab trying to discover hidden moves or tech and I here's what I found

:s::s::s: third :s: can be canceled into 214:P:, 214:P::+::K:, etc. The only "good" use I found to this is as a finisher for 66:T: but it doesnt deal as much damage as other finishers

On jump forward :K::K:

This as we now causes a bound but instead of doing regular 66:K: or on jump :K::P:, 6:h::+::K: is I think a better tool and here's where the fun part beggins

After this 2:P:, 1:P:, 1:K:, 2:K: and 8:P:can hit opponent on the ground preventing them from doing a wake up kick and getting get an advantage of +5, +4 or +10 if u used 2:P: (if opponent tech backwards if opponent techs sideways is a +5)

Another tool if u know that ur opponent will tech after 6:h::+::K:, then :P: (whiffs), 1:K:, 4:h::+::K: and 66:K: become unblockables. 1:K: can be chained but follow ups are unsafe same with 4:h::+::K: so be careful. I do hope that they make 66:K: a +1 if so this would be an excelent tool. Note: this only works if opponet tech backwards (??)

And well thats what I found. If this was already talked about anywhere sorry if I didnt see it lol if not I hope it help us all to prove that Mai is trully Japans best. Do u guys have discovered anything else? Cya
Nice find! But I think you should’ve posted this in the Mai gameplay thread instead of creating a separate thread. That way it’s in one place instead of multiple threads. I am gonna copy your post and paste it in the Mai thread, I will credit you of course.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's okay to have multiple threads. You have a whole board at your disposal

WAZAAAAA

Mai 2K beats every Hayabusa handstand option after blocking the while rising 4K. Not very consistent when blocked meaty. 2KP works too but is less rewarding.
4KK -> both moves whiff and she's left at +20 -> 426T
4KP -> she interrupts and is left at +10
4K -> he gets juggled and falls to the floor
4K9P -> 2K whiffs and both players are left BT, she's -4 but still safe

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

got 2 things to post

obligatory RATH videos
INPUTS: 8H+K, 8, 6P
EXPLANATION: why is this so good/busted? In theory DOA6 removed all stuns that leave the opponent BT, but not all, this one slipped. And since Stagger Escape is gone and stun durations are more consistent, the situations where you can hit a BT opponent right after they recover became more dangerous (DOA6 Rig used to have an infinite from a similar BT situation with 3PK, but it got patched).

I did some TAS labbing of the cursed Mai bound combo CH 6H+K 9PKK 66 9PKP+K
buffering microdash (66 or 33) sometimes gives more leniency than microwalk ([6]). Window for the last 9P goes from 1F to 2F but not always lols
microwalk is extra hard because going from 6 to 9P too fast can trigger this input bug https://gfycat.com/thoroughwellgroomeddonkey.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD