Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

Omegan Eckhart

Everyone got buffed overall thanks to system changes.
Can you confirm Helena's sit down stuns are still ass? I keep hoping they stealth buffed em by a couple of frames.

Pre patch:
6PP +15
3PPP +15
214P +13
22/88P +15
BT 7P +13

Any changes?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
you'd be right.... except that you're wrong

2k on CH guarantees shit. p+k is i18, an opponent can slow escape the stun fast enough to put them in non-crouch state thus the sitdown won't occur even if they're hit by P+K, not to mention they can simply counter or block p+k it after words

if by the small chance a skilled player doesn't slow escape CH 2k and p+k does sit them down, then the 10hit string wont even fully connect since it breaks the stun threshold after the 3rd hit from the string causing a hard knockdown

so the only way your setup even fully works is if eliot CHs a crouching opponent with a raw i18 move

i suggest you do some more research before questioning whether someone is playing a character right or wrong

People slow escape the second hit of a stun with adequate speed, not the first. That is because it is a counter-hit, they were intending to take other actions... in other words, their brain has not registered the fact that they've even been hit for at least 18 frames or so. By the second hit of a stun, people are far more likely to be in full spin mode.

I know this because I get the same exact setup off of Bayman's CH 2k into 3K H+K. Nobody ever staggers out before the 3K, even though it is possible. But they regularly stagger out of the H+K.

Furthermore in Eliot's example it will not break that threshold unless you stunned them with something prior to 2K. I just did it in training mode several times.

Stuns. You are doing them wrong.

Doug Nguyen

Can you confirm Helena's sit down stuns are still ass? I keep hoping they stealth buffed em by a couple of frames.

Pre patch:
6PP +15
3PPP +15
214P +13
22/88P +15
BT 7P +13

Any changes?
Wow. I never realized how many sit down stuns Helena has. Too bad they suck and are all mid punches.

DR2K

BT 7P +21
SS P +23
214P +21
6PP and 3PPP +23

All done on CH. I'm assuming the frame advantage is the lower right number.

Omegan Eckhart

BT 7P +21
SS P +23
214P +21
6PP and 3PPP +23

All done on CH. I'm assuming the frame advantage is the lower right number.
I should have said with fastest slow escape on my bad. Was hoping her guaranteed options got buffed but that looks about what it is currently without an form of slow escaping.

DontForkWitMe

People slow escape the second hit of a stun with adequate speed, not the first. That is because it is a counter-hit, they were intending to take other actions... in other words, their brain has not registered the fact that they've even been hit for at least 18 frames or so. By the second hit of a stun, people are far more likely to be in full spin mode.

I know this because I get the same exact setup off of Bayman's CH 2k into 3K H+K. Nobody ever staggers out before the 3K, even though it is possible. But they regularly stagger out of the H+K.

Furthermore in Eliot's example it will not break that threshold unless you stunned them with something prior to 2K. I just did it in training mode several times.

Stuns. You are doing them wrong.

im afraid not

the trip stun off of CH 2k can immediately be held out of without having to slow escape anyway. you're basing this all off of assuming the opponent doesn't have quick enough reflexes/reaction time to slow escape from the stun, but it doesn't apply to holds which i've been held out off countless times trying setting up CH 2k into 66k(which is also i18) on opponents before this patch

as for the 10hit string you yourself called it a "troll" move; solid eliot players specifically use this string to troll because no one with an ounce of skill will get hit by the full string after p+k connects since only the 2nd punch from the string off of p+K sitdown is guaranteed the rest of the string consists of another mid punch followed by a high punch. the opponent can easily mash either of those holds during the sitdown stun to put a stop to the rest of the string

like i said before the addition of p+k causing sitdowns on CH crouch adds absolutely nothing to him. he already had the same exact setup from 66k which is superior to p+k anyway since it causes sitdown on NH as well as CH crouched-state opponents. the P+K change in the patch just adds yet another potential non guaranteed mixup off of 2k that the eliot player has to hope the opponent guesses wrong from.. whoopity doo.

now compare this meaningless buff to the essential buffs the rest of the cast got while adding in the universal gameplay changes that also hurt him(excluding the health decrease) and you bet your ass eliot is worse off after the patch. stop trying to salvage this shit character and stick with who you know best

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I didn't say there wasnt a way out of it (holding) but it does increase your odds of landing the entirety of your combo. They will have to choose between holding (and potentially getting thrown) or eating it.

Either way it doesn't matter. You're clearly not going to use the tools you've been given.

DontForkWitMe

I didn't say there wasnt a way out of it (holding) but it does increase your odds of landing the entirety of your combo. They will have to choose between holding (and potentially getting thrown) or eating it.

Either way it doesn't matter. You're clearly not going to use the tools you've been given.

and that is where your'e dead wrong ,after causing an opponent to go into sitdown i as the great eliot player that i am wouldn't even bother with your worthless guess-based 10 hit string setup when i can get a guaranteed instant 3p launcher from all his sitdown stuns, but im sure you knew that with your new-found expertise on all things eliot right?

riiiiight?

now i'll continue stand by my point that p+k buff is garbage and am pissed that it doesn't sitdown on standing opponents where it would've been far more viable because its not like TN clearly lied about it doing so in their official patch notes or anything

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yes Yes I get it, everything is trash, your character is trash, I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, Team Ninja has a conspiracy to nerf you and everything you love, etc.

When you're done trying to win the argument and ready to start being right, give me a call and I'll help you out.

DontForkWitMe

Yes Yes I get it, everything is trash, your character is trash, I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, Team Ninja has a conspiracy to nerf you and everything you love, etc.

When you're done trying to win the argument and ready to start being right, give me a call and I'll help you out.

no need to get hostile. there is no argument for me to win, i simply gave you valid counter points to all your claims of p+k CH on crouching opponents being a meaningful buff when i and every other knowledgeable eliot player knows it simply isn't. conspiracy or not their official patch notes are infact flawed and don't fully represent the changes they claimed they made,so until they edit their notes to actually reflect on what the patch truly added then the notes are in fact lies. you don't think its a little pathetic that their notes on a patch that was supposed to fix the games fuck-ups wound up containing fuck-ups? cmon son

now lets agree to disagree and put an end to this little squabble and move on

GrandMasterson

You sure? I got 134 for some odd reason....last night with him. I don't know if a damage buff would do us any good though. Also his sitdown stun is legit it's +24 on hit.

Huh? You only get +9 from landing a 2KKKKK. Conversely, PPKKKK and any variation with his rapid mid kick strings give you +18. This has never made sense to me.

XDest

Ayane sounds exactly the same to me in this patch. I tried it out, and her new BT CB gives a 15 damage boost over just doing BT 4K. CH 4K now is a sitdown, but when is that going to come up a match instead of say 4P, 6P, or 6K? All of her guaranteed force techs and combos seem in tact, and exactly the same. Her only real buff is that 66KK tracks, but that's a pretty big deal. It makes it more deadly after force techs if it actually forces that 50/50 on you.

She was already a really strong character. I'm happy that she stayed almost the same while many weaker characters got buffs.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The Ranked Decline needs to be reworked. Seriously. Played all night with anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes downtime between matches just because people queuing for ranks higher than themselves can't handle the fact that others are ranked higher (in most cases) for a reason. It's stupid that people will queue to fight people that are higher ranks than them but decline just because they don't want to face you or because you have been beating them most times you play.
Should be that people within one or two ranks difference of you can't decline. Example: If I am A and someone pops up as A- or A+ they can't decline a match with me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD