"You'll never be alone again, Mathilda." [Mila General Discussion]

shinryu

This, incidentally, is the sort of thing that gets us ignored by the wider fighting game community. This isn't a goddamn mountaintop monastery, I don't give a shit if it's a flying cunt punch or a reverse romanian butt scissor, it's 4p+k or 6f+k. At least the use the button smilies, for God's sake. I'm not going to waste my time figuring out your probably useless and technically incorrect gibberish. You want to tell me whether that crescent kick is an unholdable stun there? Which crescent kick? The one that absolutely none of Mila's moves even remotely resembles? Your guess is as good as mine.

Atrabilious

can mila do takedown from a wake up situation if so please tell me the input for it

Press :h: when face down, head towards enemy. I'm pretty sure that's right anyway, used it to reasonable effect online.

---
Some combos, work on all weights except for the mount which only seems to work on heavies. As far as I can tell, mounts are guaranteed

1h+Kppp, 4h+k, 6p+k (CB), 6h+k (launch), p+k, 2h, ppp.

Results in 149 damage. Opener to the combo is counter fodder though so it's a bit risky. You can alternate the opener with either;

4pp for 122 damage or

4pk for 123 damage. 4pk is a little more finicky to pull off IMO but only by a tiny bit.

On middle/light weights, after launcher go for: p6p5p, p6pp for 131 damage on hk opener, 104 on 4pp opener, 105 on 4pk opener.

Just started playing around with her earlier after being not so enamoured with Tina. I'm really liking her playstyle.

1h+Kppp, 4h+k, 6p+k (CB), 6h+k, p+k, 2h, ppp.

I'm pretty sure 2T executes the arm lock throw, not a takedown.

Normally when an opponent is on the ground without wall splatting, you can dash towards them and quickly combo grab them with 2T.

Takedowns work well when you can get your opponent to freeze up or if they counter high or mid. If your TD gets broken, Mila can follow up with a nice 5P or 5K. Which are -7 and -12 on block respectively. 5P is the better option. If your opponent starts countering your two follow ups than mix it up with 1P for a free CH, most people never see it coming. What I like to do for a quick CB in this situation is.

Opponent breaks TD; 1P, 3P, PK, CB, P6PP, P6P6P. Works for me 90% of the time.

Atrabilious

6h+k launches after the CB. On heavy weights, the neutral p+k grounds them and they can't tech out from what I can tell. They're feet towards you when you hit 2h which results in a mount ground n pound.

6h+k launches after the CB. On heavy weights, the neutral p+k grounds them and they can't tech out from what I can tell. They're feet towards you when you hit 2h which results in a mount ground n pound.

Just tried this against a human opponent, the 2H whiffs after P+K. I don't think there is any way you can incorporate a Takedown into a combo.

Jefffcore

If you want a guaranteed ground throw on heavies after CB:

Launch with 6F+K or 33P > 3PP > KP > 2H+PPPP. (It's upwards of 150 - 160 damage total, depending on the work you put in before CB)

For mid and Light after CB: launch with 6F+K or 33P > P6PP > P+K > 2H+PPPP

If your CB is being held:

214H+P, or 6H+K of course. (214H+P is 105 damage alone on HCT)

On Lightweights and Heavyweights- 3F+K > 2H+KKKK nets more damage than any combo I've tried.

On Midweights - Same as CB.

WorldWithoutWords

Anyone else experienced a lot of mila takedown glitches? Either going straight through the opponent or ending up facing the wrong way and pounding them in the crotch instead of the face lol check it out
The vid was recorded at my friends place the other day.

synce

Yeah I've had it happen a few times. Mila disappears and sometimes reappears on the opposite end of the stage, sometimes upside down... Very buggy game

WorldWithoutWords

3pp on normal gives a guaranteed low throw, if I recall correctly that low throw gives +24 so you can get a free 6F+K if you want or whatever. I'll confirm later today.

Jefffcore

Setups:

- If you're using 3PP to reach CB and they're holding the CB, go for a fully charged 7K. Because they can't hold right away from 3PP, 7K will hit perfectly. If they don't hold you get +15 (though nothing's guaranteed unless you're on a wall). If it hits it maxes out stun threshold and gives a knockdown. If they don't tech the knockdown instantly they're stuck on the ground for a mount, if they do tech instantly you can just dash forward a step and 7k will stuff anything they do or +15 again.

- Her combo's from CB already have guaranteed mounts, but if you want more potential damage (or you're doing a combo without a guaranteed mount) you can finish a combo with 3PP. If they try to wake-up kick, you get a free mount, if they tech you can use a fully charged 7k to stuff anything they do and give +15 again. If it puts them in sit-down you get a free 6H+K or 33P (you have to dash forward a bit first). It also works after a standing PK (after 6T for example).

vicious1024

I started a frame data spread sheet, if anyone is interested. There's still quite a bit of information missing, and it may not be organized in a way the DOA community is used to. But I've allowed public access, so we should all be able to edit it as we please.

Dead or Alive 5 Frame Data: Mila

NSC745

First off, sorry if some of these have already been posted, i just some training last night and came up with these.

CB TACTICS
I like these:

SSp 3kk CB
7k pk CB
8ppp 2k CB
4HK 7k 4HK CB (think that works)

These are a few of mine, for a follow up after the CB, i usually launch with 6hk

after launch from CB:
ppp6p
6pk ppp ground grab (grab right when they fall)
6pk p6p6p should work i think

think the easiest way for me to get the CB is the 7k pk route, if they start holding the CB just go into a takedown instead. Remember to keep them guessing!

WorldWithoutWords

Jeffcore: Combos have guaranteed mounts? Which ones? Seems like the comp basically techs everything :(.

It seems like the only guaranteed mounts you can get from her counters are with the mid punch and low kick counters. What combos are you guys using from her low punch counter?

Lightweights:
Low punch counter, P6PP,3PP,K (P after K won't connect). 71 damage Normal, 89 Counter, 104 High Counter.

Midweights:
Low punch counter, P6PP,3PP. 88 damage on High Counter.

Do you guys have anything better from the low punch counter launch?

Jefffcore

I posted them up there.
If you want a guaranteed ground throw on heavies after CB:

Launch with 6F+K or 33P > 3PP > KP > 2H+PPPP. (It's upwards of 150 - 160 damage total, depending on the work you put in before CB)

For mid and Light after CB: launch with 6F+K or 33P > P6PP > P+K > 2H+PPPP

If your CB is being held:

214H+P, or 6H+K of course. (214H+P is 105 damage alone on HCT)

On Lightweights and Heavyweights- 3F+K > 2H+KKKK nets more damage than any combo I've tried.

On Midweights - Same as CB.

TheOtherJN

I accept defeat.
Yes, I played again when my mind was clear from the excitement of DoA and have found I mis-recognized 3 moves.

----------------------------------------------------

Something I've been using. All tested on Rig.

All from 4P:
The subsequent 3 strikes' heights can be modified and the combos would still tend to work. These combos have numerous places where the opponent can hold, but that is not easy because you also have numerous mix-ups. For example:

(From 4P)
High, Mid-Punch, Mid-Kick, Mid-Punch
High, Mid-Punch, Mid-Kick, High
MP, MK, L, MP
L, MK, L, H
...and a hell of a lot more.

This is a sample of what you could do.

High, Mid, Low Mix-Up
5P (free-cancelled) [5P], 6P / 4K / 4H+K, 2K,
  • 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPP6P
    • Knocks opponent far away.
  • 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K, PPPP / PPPK,
    • 2H+K
      • PPPK seems to have greater recovery hence timing is stricter compared to PPPP.
    • 2T, PPP / T
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K / 66T~HK, PPP6P
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 9K / 2P+K / 6H+K / 66T~HK, PPPP / PPPK,
    • 2H+K
      • PPPK seems to have greater recovery hence timing is stricter compared to PPPP.
    • 2T, PPP / T
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), same as above.
  • 6P+K (Critical Burst), 4P+K (Power Blow)
  • Perhaps using 2H+K as the 5th hit would be useful as well.
Low, Mid, High Mix-Up
2K, 6P / 4K / 4H+K, 4P / 5P,
  • Same as above.
  • From the last 4P you can go into takedown and cancel into knee launcher (4P5K~THK). From there you can:
    • PPP6P
    • PPPP / PPPK
      • 2H+K
      • 2T, PPP / T
  • Also from the last 4P, you can go into takedown (no hit) and/or cancel the takedown. Then proceed with any combo / hold / throw / takedown / guard / sidestep. This is a very tricky reset if they are expecting the above combos. Haven't really tested that out yet though, as the execution is something I'm not yet familiar enough with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD