Your DOA Collections!

Raansu

Does he sign his name in English or Japanese?
248843_10150267623919245_672704244_9119376_7723188_n.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
If you got a kasumi mousepad, then you definitely have the kasumi love pillow. Come on, spill the beans (I'm just joking).

Regarding fan service in this series, I don't know why people say SoulCalibur has more fan-service when DOA has two whole spin-offs about the female characters in bikinis pole dancing. I mean, you really can't avoid being labelled a "titty fighter".

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Soul calibur characters actually have their breasts grow larger every iteration, while their tops seem to actually shrink. Taki even has super enhanced body-suit camel toe.

DOA has DOAX, true, but soul calibur has titty fighter built right into with create-a-character, and the ability to knock characters down to their underpants in a few swings even if they were not designed that way.

In terms of content available in the fighting game itself, soul calibur is far more sexualized.

Gill Hustle

Soul calibur characters actually have their breasts grow larger every iteration, while their tops seem to actually shrink. Taki even has super enhanced body-suit camel toe.

DOA has DOAX, true, but soul calibur has titty fighter built right into with create-a-character, and the ability to knock characters down to their underpants in a few swings even if they were not designed that way.

I couldn't believe how Amy and Talim got through the ESRB cuz of this. Beating on tweenage girls in their underwear was beyond disturbing . . .

Raansu

If you got a kasumi mousepad, then you definitely have the kasumi love pillow. Come on, spill the beans (I'm just joking).

Regarding fan service in this series, I don't know why people say SoulCalibur has more fan-service when DOA has two whole spin-offs about the female characters in bikinis pole dancing. I mean, you really can't avoid being labelled a "titty fighter".

The mousepad was free along with a bunch of other stuff when we met TN in Dallas.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I couldn't believe how Amy and Talim got through the ESRB cuz of this. Beating on tweenage girls in their underwear was beyond disturbing . . .

Ayane is pretty young too, actually.

She just has breasts larger than most models.

Ivy never ages, except her breasts keep growing bigger and bigger. i'll note that even the original soul blade on psx has breast jiggle effects for taki, too.

Gill Hustle

As far as I can remember for what it's worth Ayane has always been 16 since her introduction but could be 18 by DOA4's timeline.

In DOAX game, Hitomi who is 18, refers to both Kasumi and Ayane with san and I don't think Japanese do that if your "younger" only if same age or older but maybe she's just being polite ;)

I know in Ninja Gaiden she was supposed to be like 14 :eek: Milk does a body good.

But Amy and Talim LOOK their age so there was my complaint.

*EDIT*
Inb4 trollol "Hitomi's German"

You know what I meant!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea, kasumi is 17, ayane is 16.

The US version always leaves it blank though, for legal reasons.

Talim was originally 14, they changed her age at some point.

Amy is like, 13?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In DOAX game, Hitomi who is 18, refers to both Kasumi and Ayane with san and I don't think Japanese do that if your "younger" only if same age or older but maybe she's just being polite ;)

It's just a sign of respect, if you don't have the level to call them "-chan" then it's just the safe bet to put it "-san". It's just safer that way.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh, come on. this thing right here (whatever the hell this is) is hundred times more fan-service than whatever Namco put into their games, excluding Ivy. Talim wears pants and Amy wears a pantaloon. It's not very conservative, but it sure as hell beats the bikinis.

Not saying I don't like the main fighting games, they're hella fun to play, but it's just that when people call this series a "disgrace", that is what they mean. Well, other than the money grubbing with the fixed fights and Itagaki generally being a really weird guy.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's nothing wrong with T&A. But I don't see the relevancy of comparing a game designed to be a "Voyeur and Dating" "Vacation" simulator and a 1-on-1 combative fighting game. If there is to be a comparison, compare the two on equal levels. Both of them show off enough T&A, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that in the sense of a fighting game's focus of depleting the other player's life force before yours.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't think there's any way of defending beach volleyball, that sort of shit is plain fucking weird and you guys should just ignore it if you want to set a good image for the community. Pretty much everyone in the Soul community really felt embarrassed about the fan service. The soul players I've met usually joke about it and they happy with the new more conservative Ivy (it's ivy, so she's still going go all out anyway).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you notice, unlike other DOA sites, this one doesn't have a board to discuss the "Strategy" of XBV.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
If you notice, unlike other DOA sites, this one doesn't have a board to discuss the "Strategy" of XBV.

Which is already a good thing.

I know this may be a bit off topic, but if you guys really want to get the game out there, I suggest doing what other FG communities do and start a youtube account and start making videos explaining basic game mechanics and later on moving onto characters and different versions of the game. Being a Tekken player, we get to show off our mad skillz with Level Up Your Game, which is pretty good for newcomers and the response has been pretty good. They already got mishinima partnership for their main tutorials.

Not saying you should film yourselves, but just record and then do commentary. Y'know, show people you care. Let em hear your voice. Just be cool and normal, I guarantee you you'll increase the interest and hype. No need for fancy video editing, not everyone has sony vegas or adobe products. and I'm not saying you guys should be attention whore and sell out.

Or you could just do the podcasts where only a few people would hear you. or you could hype things up. You want this, right?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I can't figure out why you guys hadn't thought of this before. Hell, I can help do the video encoding. I mean, you guys are all right in my book. Sure, I do think Doa is still kinda garbage, but with a good community, at least you can make a fun fast paced game pretty competitive.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD