"You're not even worthy of being my toy!" The Christie Video Thread

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Did some sparring this week with everyone's favourite silver-haired assassin! :)

Starting to get a better feel for her flow. She can be beastly when she has momentum.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hey guys, how do you go about fighting Helena? I feel so awkward whenever I fight her with Christie.

Love Christie's Showstoppers Encore BTW <3.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Take this with a grain of salt as I don't have much offline experience with Helena

Helena and her BKO duck are quite the pain in the ass so I always try to keep my distance and use 2H+K against her(IIRC she cant block quickly from BKO) for her mixup is quite annoying to deal with once you are in stun. Helena's leaps kinda masks the fact that she doesn't have too much range on her attacks and she is also quite slow on the draw so use that to your advantage. I saw in that video that you kept using JAK>2KK and Yurlungur kept punishing you for it. Try using 2k6k(mid K variant) instead, You'll get a nice stun off a failed hold/block attempt. Also don't try that fancy shit against him as he knows Christie quite a bit himself.

All in all you got her flow down pretty well its just those details that gotta get ironed out.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah, Yurlungur knows how to deal with Christie better than most people in my scene (along with Jefffcore), so I can't develop any sort of "flow" against him which makes me look so basic. I did indeed get a bit overzealous with the lows to try and throw him off, but it didn't work out too well lol. I've never been so defensive with Christie before...

Yurlungur

Helena is at disadvantage in bokuho round one start, so simply doing 6pppp at some point will knock her out of it if she's ducking due to how difficult it is to get all of them correct. 7k is completely awful move to use in a round one fight ESPECIALLY that during whiff punish which i regret not throwing. for a good damage combo and oki after.

Doing jakehio movement against helena is a good idea since her only tracking move outside of bokuho is h+k which is a high which jakehio ducks or i have to do ss k which takes a good long while. Helena is somewhat linear in that respect. But if you don't respect her, she will hurt you.

Also you really not to stop doing jab throw, if i hit a p against a whiffed throw i'm at +36 and trust me nobody wants helena to stun them.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Helena is at disadvantage in bokuho round one start, so simply doing 6pppp at some point will knock her out of it if she's ducking due to how difficult it is to get all of them correct. 7k is completely awful move to use in a round one fight ESPECIALLY that during whiff punish which i regret not throwing. for a good damage combo and oki after.

Doing jakehio movement against helena is a good idea since her only tracking move outside of bokuho is h+k which is a high which jakehio ducks or i have to do ss k which takes a good long while. Helena is somewhat linear in that respect. But if you don't respect her, she will hurt you.

Also you really not to stop doing jab throw, if i hit a p against a whiffed throw i'm at +36 and trust me nobody wants helena to stun them.

But Jab-Throw is totally legit dude lol. Can't do strings all the time! ;)

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Had a sparring session with a Leon player this week. Still not comfortable fighting him yet with Christie. I feel more comfortable with Ayane or Momiji since they can better exploit his main weakness of vulnerability to being spaced out.

I feel like I'm mashing more against him than most opponents, which of course can become a big liability if abused.

Lulu

Well.... all I can offer is a "You'l get'em next time"........ Leon isn't like The other Grapplers. He's a huge Throbbing pain in my ass too...... extra emphasis on "throbbing".

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just made a Christie Doge Avatar but I am having issues uploading it due to resolution. Perhaps the resolution quality is 4K High-Dogenition trololol

jjinkou2

Thx for sharing this break down. This is really good to improve the community knowledge of this complex character.

Just a small improvement i may suggest, is to timestamp your video with some chapters. 3h of videos is pretty huge to watch in a row. With timestamp, that would ease to pick a special feature.
You already wrote a text in a different thread. That text with annotated time, could go along with the video.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Got some Christie on stream at the Northern Battles 21 tournament in Toronto this weekend.

(Starts at 5:48:43 approx.)

How best do you go about Christie's range game? Some characters just like to knock her pretty ass away...

Last edited:

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
As with everything I say take it with a grain of salt.

In my experience Hayabusa kinda relies on gimmics and good reads and I did jut well against him with Christie by out gimmicing him. A LOT(but not all) of of his more useful tools can be beaten by a well timed Jakheiho especially those teleports and the headbutt(lol freestepping). I would tell people to beware of the gimmicks, stay in the ass when you're up close, DO NOT autopilot him as he has those devastating Izuna advanced holds and dont freeze when he does the teleports.

Lulu

Well he is a grappler.... and grapplers struggle because its mostly about making right reads...... and with that said..... Hayabusa doesn't have to risk as much as soneone like Bass......

Doesn't matter though.... Christie will still Kick his ass.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD