Yu Suzuki considers Crowdfunding for Shenmue 3

Ghosty-J

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...asn-39-t-ruled-out-shenmue-3-kickstarter.aspx
Yu Suzuki, creator of perhaps the video game industry's most famously unfinished franchise, told French reporter Sebastien-Abdelhamid that he has considered crowdfunding to produce a third entry into the Shenmue series.

Sebastien-Abdelhamid is a reporter for French television and he spoke to Suzuki at the Monaco Anime Game Show. He posted on twitter about Suzuki's interest in crowdfunding, and followed up saying that Suzuki has also expressed interest in completing Shenmue's story with an anime or manga series.

Shenmue fans have had their fingers crossed for a third game in the series for over a decade. Maybe the story will finally see its finale! But I'm guessing probably not.

original-18.jpg

If this happens, I will throw every single cent I have at the screen just to make this come true. THIS HAS TO HAPPEN, PEOPLE ;~;

synce

This would be the first project I've ever considered funding. Budget-wise I think he can definitely pull it off too if the game reused Dreamcast assets, which I'd be totally fine with

DeathHand

shenmue its still amazing compared to this gen games.its a pre order in my list if it happends =´) but if this game comes out of segas hands we wont see rio on doa as a dlc anymore xD

Ghosty-J

As much as I've been crossing my fingers for Ryo in DoA5, and pretty hard might I add, I'd much rather have the third game made instead of SEGA doing absolutely nothing with the license. Whatever it takes, I want to see this closure to the end. I don't care if it still has Dreamcast graphics, the games still look dang good. Probably since I'm no sucker for graphics : P

Also came across this Shenmue-related bit on Tumblr and nearly died laughing. Just posting the link instead of the full image in case of any office workers browsing the thread don't want to get embarrassed over something as iffy as this XD

http://digivalentine.tumblr.com/post/44075247637/well-i-will-admit-that-is-definitely-one-way-to

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Sega in general was far a head of its time. I hope a Shenmue 3 is created!!!!

Adamleelight

Lmao found out about this today this hasssssssssssssssssssss to be made, ive been waiting so many years for this every time I beat shenmue 2 feels just depressing. I wanna phone Nozomi again, I want do the counter elbow I want to do the awesome fighting. I wanna do the awesome QTE that shenmue has. Aslong as it doesnt end up like yakuza and stays to what it was. I wanna use that right trigger to run.

Ah man the hype I had seeing this was huge, pretty much like these dudes http://tinyurl.com/cz9x5xr cover your ears

D Glock

This is quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time. I really hope we can see Shenmue 3 on the next-gen consoles.

DeathHand

does anyone know if the HD version will come out as an arcade for xbox and ps3?I heard its was done but they dont know if its going to be released

Ghosty-J

This is quite possibly my most anticipated game of all time. I really hope we can see Shenmue 3 on the next-gen consoles.
That's quite frankly my case as my most anticipated game release ever. The nostalgia I experience from I and II is so great that listening to the soundtracks alone makes me want to break down in tears for a third game to be made one day ( fortunately I've held them back for the longest <.< ). With that said, Shenmue's a pretty big deal. Even my entire household continues to rave about how glorious Shenmue is. There can never be another game like it <3

does anyone know if the HD version will come out as an arcade for xbox and ps3?I heard its was done but they dont know if its going to be released
Since SEGA is finicky with money these days, they'll most likely release the HD versions as a digital release. The source of the rumor came from the same guy that leaked Bayonetta 2's existence among other rumors that turned out to be true. If they REALLY have the games withheld for a future release. then they better stop beating around the bush and release those suckers already. I'm a Yakuza fanatic, but I gotta have my Shenmue fix too D:

D Glock

That's quite frankly my case as my most anticipated game release ever. The nostalgia I experience from I and II is so great that listening to the soundtracks alone makes me want to break down in tears for a third game to be made one day ( fortunately I've held them back for the longest <.< ). With that said, Shenmue's a pretty big deal. Even my entire household continues to rave about how glorious Shenmue is. There can never be another game like it <3

Since SEGA is finicky with money these days, they'll most likely release the HD versions as a digital release. The source of the rumor came from the same guy that leaked Bayonetta 2's existence among other rumors that turned out to be true. If they REALLY have the games withheld for a future release. then they better stop beating around the bush and release those suckers already. I'm a Yakuza fanatic, but I gotta have my Shenmue fix too D:

Indeed, sir. Lan Di needs to get his ass beat!

Raansu

Yu no longer works for SEGA and SEGA owns the shenmue license. As much as I want Shenmue 3 to happen this just seems highly impossible. He can try kickstarter if he wants, but he still has the get the license from SEGA.

Ghosty-J

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/03/29/yu-suzuki-spotted-at-gdc-with-sonys-mark-cerny/

Many fans holding hope of a continuation of the Shenmue franchise took notice of a Tweet issued earlier this morning from the Game Developers Conference, underway right now in San Francisco.
The Tweet, in fact, is from GDC general manager Meggan Scavio. The picture is of Yu Suzuki, best known for Shenmue among other franchises, and Sony’s Mark Cerny, another well known designer who is now the lead designer for Sony’s upcoming Playstation 4. It’s the commentary one should take note of, however:

*pic/tweet in the source link*

Though we suspect the remark may have been tongue-in-cheek, it’s not totally out of left field to consider whether Cerny is talking to Suzuki and perhaps Sega about reviving Shenmue as a PS4 exclusive. It would not be the first time Sega has made such arrangements; the company recently allowed Nintendo to take the lead on a Bayonetta sequel, saving the franchise from being a one-hit wonder.

While it’s tough to derive anything from the photo-op, assume it’s for the best case scenario and that something Shenmue related may be in the works for Playstation 4. Would that alone compel you to purchase the new Sony system? Tell us in the comments below.
WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE! WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!
rockonmarioit5.gif

Raansu

Been reading articles like that for 10 years. I stopped getting my hopes up years ago. The day I see an official S3 logo is when I will start caring again. Until then, the franchise is dead and Sega just doesn't care about it.

Koompbala

I would love this to happen I own 1 & 2 on dreamcast. Got the PAL version of it and bought the xbox version of 2 just because I love the series that much. Couldnt play 2 on xbox sounded weird hearing it in English. I remember the days of me being a member to shenmue dojo. Then hearing the good news a new shenmue is coming out its a Chinese MMO I was like eat a dick.

Adamleelight

heres another interview, which has new info. Well atleast to me, didnt know there was going to be 4 big bosses in the game. Sound interesting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD