Zack in DOA 5

MasterHavik

It's not situational. Why? Because of the hold nerf. The hold makes stuff like that viable. Don't be afraid to use it my friend. Let it fly.

RhythmikDesigns

I said it was situational because its dependent on how fast the opponent counters...it they counter really fast it doesn't work.

MasterHavik

I would do at least two more pps to make them think countering. How do you like Zack? I think he's one of the best characters in the game.

RhythmikDesigns

Um....just from some prelim online matches, he's ok but definitely struggles against some characters who have more tools. I'm going to try to learn as many characters as possible but I want to be a Zack master, so I think I just have go the lab him a little more. Thats just my off the top opinion though.

MasterHavik

btw...another suggestion for that cb setup. If they try to counter really quickly do 33T. I mean seriously....what the hell happen to his 236T. That was my go to throw in 4. also yeah same here. Well...actually he is my favorite character so this isn't new to me. Also I feel the same my friend. People like the VF characters, Bayman, Jann, Rig, and Hitmoi scare me the most. But I feel the ninjas are his bitches now, which is top tier in my book. I mean if your main is better than all the ninjas you should call them top tier.:D

MasterHavik

Whoa....good stuff. Low tier my ass. I'm going to be trying some stuff out when I get out of all my classes.

C 3

I'm out to show that Zack can hold his own lol i've been repping him since 2 and I love his design. Here's a sample combo:

PP delay P for the CH, PP into duck, 6PP into sway, P+K for the burst, 33KK, PP 6KK for about 111 dmg. I'm sure he has better combos than that, but that's a start. Modulate that based on the combo start and you should be good!

Here are some others:

P+K, PP to duck, 6PP to sway, P+K, 33KK, PP 6KK = 117dmg
3PP(P), PP to duck, etc. (same as above) = 113dmg
7PP, PP to sway, P+K, etc. = 101dmg
Duck 6PPPP to sway, P+K, etc. = 97dmg
33P, PP to duck, etc. = 112dmg
Duck P+K, PP to duck, etc. = 103dmg

Too lazy to put the rest right now lol feel free to try and beat these numbers, i'm just getting the ball rolling and want to help out my fellow zack players

RhythmikDesigns

Its looking like 4H+K is looking like its going a good tool for us to use, since it cause a sit-down allowing us to start the mix up game, and its relatively safe on block (-5 frames) and causes just block stun to 44 to safety.

MasterHavik

hey...for some odd reason the computer doesn't block everything in training even when I set it to guard all.

MasterHavik

Oh okay. It was getting annoying. I was trying to do some frame data for Zack, since I know for the fact that Dogg's frame data whole be right.

C 3

Does anybody know why the computer can hold me out of strings, even on hit and counter hit? It happens whenever I play versus mode against the computer

MasterHavik

because there are certain points of the stings that are easy to hold compare to the rest of it. Like for 2kkkkk with Zack. The last part of it is easy to hold, but the rest is hard. Keep this in mind a lot of stuff that would get stuff in 4 is going to be useful in 5.

C 3

I understand, but I am just having a hard time wrapping my mind around me hitting my opponent and even though they should be in hit stun, they can still counter me.... even when i'm in what looks to be a natural combo.

C 3

Is that supposed to happen with most of Zack's strings? if so, how am I supposed to poke with him? I used 6PPPP from duck and my HUMAN opponent held me in the middle of it on hit. I don't understand how you're supposed to keep momentum/frame advantage when you're technically at risk on hit...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD