A Discussion of sexualised design of male/female characters

Tyaren

Standard Donor
personal_tumblr_gag__xros_vs__fusion_2_by_shadypenpen-d5gccr5.jpg

That original camel toe is however just distasteful. It looks like she has balls and they even have highlights, WTF? x__X

Jadeinchains

Honestly I'm confused but I like just really like her outfit, It's classy and demure and you can see her camel toe and that just speaks to me.

Syke.

Jk It's bloody ugly, You know I was a digimon fan for a little while and while there was some risque cards I don't remember it being so out there with it's sexy characters?!

Edit: I found the card that I have that was pretty much the most risque it got.

8a4c59ca5e11dd7802065819e3aed0d6.jpg

And I also watch some of the cartoon and that wasn't revealing or anything either.

Last edited:

Argentus

Honestly I'm confused but I like just really like her outfit, It's classy and demure and you can see her camel toe and that just speaks to me.

Syke.

Jk It's bloody ugly, You know I was a digimon fan for a little while and while there was some risque cards I don't remember it being so out there with it's sexy characters?!

And I also watch some of the cartoon and that wasn't revealing or anything either.

Yeah the "mervamon" thing is one of the worst things digimon has ever done.

I mean there's always been sexy girl digimon that's nothing new, but its the fact that she's a blatant "hotter and sexier" replacement for a gladiator loli digimon.

Though to be fair that entire season was awful and ruined a lot of stuff.

Digimon does have a lot MORE sexy females than it used to though, that's for sure.

Argentus

That original camel toe is however just distasteful. It looks like she has balls and they even have highlights, WTF? x__X

Its especially worse since her crotch is at face level of the human kids lol.

136.jpg

Syke.

Also that's a Yugioh card, not digimon. And Yugioh got WAY more risque than that lol

Sorry for double post I'm not sure if editing old post creates notifications.

But that season also had Bastemon (renamed Beastmon in dub to remove religious references)

Bastemon_DigiXros.png

And yeah she does some sexy stuff

But Shea also been around since 2003 and unlike Mwrvamon there's more to her than just being sexy.

Seriously mervamons bio says "sensuality" like 5 times and her main attack is called "sexy dynamite" which is just an r Mina/Tina style ass drop.

Whereas bastemon may be a b3llydancer yes but she's also a vicious vampire cat girl. Whose main attack is "helter skelter" where she belly dances to mesmorize the enemy then eviscerates them with her claws.

tumblr_m8t2p8hrzb1r3nw4do1_500.gif

tumblr_lrxlic7jAG1qad7qy.gif

Jadeinchains

Lol oh yeah I got them mixed up! Well I used to have a lot of yugioh cards, I did used to watch the digimon cartoon though. And lol it seems that can be pretty shameless.

Nyte

I'm going bring up one of my favorite characters from Overwatch. That of course is Widowmaker. From a lore perspective, I absolutely adore her for her tragic backstory and I am dying to know where she'll end up in the future. She's actually become one of my favorite villains in gaming if not of anything lately. However, I can't help but wonder about her design.

222px-Widowmaker-portrait.png

widowmaker___overwatch_by_sciamano240-da4l0el.jpg

Remember that tragic backstory I told you about? She's a depraved individual who takes pleasure in killing many innocents and finds the act of committing evil exhilarating. However, she didn't choose to be like that, as she was once a perfectly sweet and innocent woman named Amélie Lacroix who didn't even take part in combat, but was happily married to Overwatch agent Gérard Lacroix, who kept foiling terrorist organization Talon at every turn. So naturally, being the ungodly dickheads they are, decided to kidnap Amélie, torture her, obliterate her original personality, experiment on her, and reconditioned her to be the perfect weapon, just so they can kill her husband. Then they train her into being the remorseless assassin she is today who feels little emotion apart from the satisfaction of a job well done. It's pretty sad whenever I think about it.

However, something weird about her design. She was obviously made to be sexiest woman on the roster, and to that end they succeeded. However, it just carries all sorts of horrifying implications when I think about this. Is Talon full of perverts who specifically made her dress that way for no real reason? In a real life combat setting her outfit would be completely impractical. They also made it so that her skin doesn't feel the effects of the weather, presumably so she could look sexy in any environment. It just seems really odd to me, even though she was probably always attractive, it's hard to imagine her being that way when she was a civilian.

Fanservice is a thing everywhere, but this is an example of fanservice that gives me many horrifying ideas. It really makes me think about what kind of people Talon are. Not only would they turn a good person into an evil one, but would also make her into a sexual object for no reason other than to satisfy themselves. I'm not sure if this was intended on Blizzard's part, who may have only wanted to create a femme fatale, but that's what happens when you look into the lore and start to question things.

Last edited:

Argentus

I'm going bring up one of my favorite characters from Overwatch. That of course is Widowmaker. From a lore perspective, I absolutely adore her for her tragic backstory and I am dying to know where she'll end up in the future. She's actually become one of my favorite villains in gaming if not of anything lately. However, I can't help but wonder about her design.

222px-Widowmaker-portrait.png

widowmaker___overwatch_by_sciamano240-da4l0el.jpg

Remember that tragic backstory I told you about? She's a depraved individual who takes pleasure in killing many innocents and finds the act of committing evil exhilarating. However, she didn't choose to be like that, as she was once a perfectly sweet and innocent woman named Amélie Lacroix who didn't even take part in combat, but was happily married to Overwatch agent Gérard Lacroix, who kept foiling terrorist organization Talon at every turn. So naturally, being the ungodly dickheads they are, decided to kidnap Amélie, torture her, obliterate her original personality, experiment on her, and reconditioned her to be the perfect weapon, just so they can kill her husband. Then they train her into being the remorseless assassin she is today who feels little emotion apart from the satisfaction of a job well done. It's pretty sad whenever I think about it.

However, something weird about her design. She was obviously made to be sexiest woman on the roster, and to that end they succeeded. However, it just carries all sorts of horrifying implications when I think about this. Is Talon full of perverts who specifically made her dress that way for no real reason? In a real life combat setting her outfit would be completely impractical. They also made it so that her skin doesn't feel the effects of the weather, presumably so she could look sexy in any environment. It just seems really odd to me, even though she was probably always attractive, it's hard to imagine her being that way when she was a civilian.

Fanservice is a thing everywhere, but this is an example of fanservice that gives me many horrifying ideas. It really makes me think about what kind of people Talon are. Notot only would they turn a good person into an evil one, but would also make her into a sexual object for no reason other than to satisfy themselves. I'm not sure if this was intended on Blizzard's part, who may have only wanted to create a femme fatale, but that's what happens when you look into the lore and start to question things.

Honestly, I'd been wondering the same thing. Obviously by itself her design isn't bad, they just wanted a sexy sniper, it's just paired with her backstory, the fridge logic and implications are unsettling.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard did not consider the implications when they came up with the backstory, i'm assuming her design came about first.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So what do you guys think are the chances of this being eventually censored in the West? ;P

C0RxhniXAAAhqOR.jpg

C0Rxi0fXgAAiPqU.jpg

C0RxkzTXUAAZplc.jpg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
So what do you guys think are the chances of this being eventually censored in the West? ;P

C0RxhniXAAAhqOR.jpg

C0Rxi0fXgAAiPqU.jpg

C0RxkzTXUAAZplc.jpg
In the other Nier game (not sure which version), you could see Kaine's panties (not to mention her...) clear as day. I doubt Square Enix will censor anything for this one.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Dude...it's from the same two series that the only censorship that has happened was incest and pedophilia mentions in Drakengard. Everything else was absolutely uncensored.

It's not suddenly going to change ESPECIALLY after Drakengard 3 and everything that came with it.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Y'all wanted a twist?

Girl needs some modesty shorts or something or she's gonna catch a cold.

PS: I saw that you were playing this earlier, is it any good?
Here's a funny thing about the whole panty shot angle...if you don't readjust it after a certain amount of time, B2 will literally shove the camera away. I could probably do a video clip showing the reaction, but I'd rather just let you find out lol

Jadeinchains

Here's a funny thing about the whole panty shot angle...if you don't readjust it after a certain amount of time, B2 will literally shove the camera away. I could probably do a video clip showing the reaction, but I'd rather just let you find out lol

This is probably more for the role play thread but from what I've seen its that Drakengard is the main series and then Nier etc are spin offs?

I'm looking at Drakengard 3 right now and its pretty interesting. Also I saw that there's a demo out for this game so I might try it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD